A WORLD TOUR:IT'S NOW OR NEVER

I am not one of the lucky few who got to see Zep last night, but if reports are anything to go by, they went down a storm,and I agree with the reviewer who said it would be cosmically perverse if Zep do not decide to do a tour now.

This is if only since ,if they leave it another few years, they will simply be too old and the world could see only a sad epitaph of a once outstanding band.

Led Zeppelin should take the bull by the horns and go for it,on the strength of their apparently superb performance last night, and the ticket sellers and at least the Daily Star seem to think that a tour is on the cards.

Watch this space and hold on to your pennies folks!

Another thing is what about a STUDIO ALBUM?????

Is it just a rumour about a piece called Swan Song ,that Page is said to have been working on for years? Or is there more to it than this? If it exists, surely it should take it's place on any new album that Zep put together!

yours,

Brian

I am not one of the lucky few who got to see Zep last night, but if reports are anything to go by, they went down a storm,and I agree with the reviewer who said it would be cosmically perverse if Zep do not decide to do a tour now.

This is if only since ,if they leave it another few years, they will simply be too old and the world could see only a sad epitaph of a once outstanding band.

Led Zeppelin should take the bull by the horns and go for it,on the strength of their apparently superb performance last night, and the ticket sellers and at least the Daily Star seem to think that a tour is on the cards.

Is it just a rumour about a piece called Swan Song ,that Page is said to have been working on for years? Or is there more to it than this? If it exists, surely it should take it's place on any new album that Zep put together!

yours,

Brian

as a Led Zeppelin fan since 1975 (Iwas 5) and bought my first album (parents bought it for me) Physcial Graffiti..I have dreamed and prayed for the day to see Zep in concert...Please God once again......Let them tour I would pay big money to sit in nose bleed seats to see these guys play before I die

No, I don't think they should tour. They can't go out on a better note than this.

Besides, Page's wife and Page are doing some extremely important community-based interventions. Very impressive sustainability initiative. So I'm for him focusing on that. I'm more interested in seeing what happens with that than I am in Led Zep touring, frankly, because more good can come from it.

More than one way to save the world you know. B)

the song "Swan Song" does exist, and is widely available on bootleg regardings. It's just a long acoustic guitar and drums piece, it's nothing terribly stunning actually. And Page later reworked it as "Midnight Moonlight" with The Firm.

No, I don't think they should tour. They can't go out on a better note than this.

Besides, Page's wife and Page are doing some extremely important community-based interventions. Very impressive sustainability initiative. So I'm for him focusing on that. I'm more interested in seeing what happens with that than I am in Led Zep touring, frankly, because more good can come from it.

Is this related to he & his wife's Brazilian organization? That sounds quite fascinating.....though in recent interviews, Jimmy appears eager to do more shows. But I guess he can do both....that is, IF they decide to tour....we'll have to wait and see.

They should REALLY go out on tour !!!

I'm totally amazed by all the videos I've watched... It's simply

perfect... Even Plant's voice seems like before.. I just still can't

believe it...

Come on guys... Come to Copacabana and kick The Rolling Stones'

a$$ for good !!! All of the brazilian (and world) fans have been waiting

forever for this !!! If you do come here, I am absolutely sure you'll have

at least 1.000.000 people completely mesmerized at the gig !

I read an article where Robert was quoted as saying (paraphrased) that the old man from Wolverhampton wants no part of a tour, but the lad from the land of ice and snow would love it. Then he tells himself (as the lad from the land of ice and snow) to shut up and go away.

Sounds like he has a inner battle going on inside of him.

I have to see them live! I missed them all those years ago. All you lucky people that were there last night......

No offense, but I don't understand how a true Zep fan can say this. Did you get a chance to see them in their heyday? Many of us did not and a tour now is our only shot ever of seeing them live. This would be a life changing moment for me. Their music means more to me than just about anyone or anything in my life. I would relish the chance to see them live just once.

yours,

Brian

Why do one great gig when you can do a number of great gigs? This is it.

Think of the logistical factors. Beyond the rehearsals, think of all the effort that went into the show as a whole. The stage setup, the synchronized video screen, the roadies, etc... Everything pretty much had to gear up as if they were going to take it onto the road.

So either they're going to feel like they dodged a bullet and they are quitting while they are ahead, or if they feel more confident they can play a few more shows.

Maybe they would want to do a scaled back tour w/two hour shows? It would be great if they do release this o2 show on dvd, especially if a tour doesnt happen. Yeah though, it is getting to the point of now or never and -jimmy has mentioned: "he has worked on some new songs, that he is proud of and wouldnt want them to be on a solo project"... a new record, or a few more shows would be great, or a dvd of this last show, anything...

I read an article where Robert was quoted as saying (paraphrased) that the old man from Wolverhampton wants no part of a tour, but the lad from the land of ice and snow would love it. Then he tells himself (as the lad from the land of ice and snow) to shut up and go away.

Sounds like he has a inner battle going on inside of him.

I have to see them live! I missed them all those years ago. All you lucky people that were there last night......

do you remember where you read it? :)

I think it is pretty clear there wont be a world tour. They could still do some gigs (a couple of shows in major Cities-by major read- one or two cities in the US) and I guess they could take place in different parts of the world, but they wont be playing every two bit stadium across the planet. The latest from Plant (from Sunday's paper) was that getting together once and awhile might be nice.

LED ZEPPLIN! A WORLD TOUR: IT'S NOW OR 2009. :huh: Why not tour later? Why at 2008? Besides, Plant + Krauss for 2008 has already been deciced.

I think it is pretty clear there wont be a world tour. They could still do some gigs (a couple of shows in major Cities-by major read- one or two cities in the US) and I guess they could take place in different parts of the world, but they wont be playing every two bit stadium across the planet. The latest from Plant (from Sunday's paper) was that getting together once and awhile might be nice.

I wouldn't mind that kind of arreangement, as long as there would be some shows.

Though even more eagerly than world tour i am wishing for an studio album or at least new stuff from all the 4 members (would hardly satisfy, though.)

yeah, that's what I think and hope too!

they don't need (and I also don't see the reason) a tour but a few wonderful selected concerts: why not?

yours,

Brian

Dear Brian and all people who speek english and love LZ!

i must say that you'are the happies men in the word. LZ is a part of you'r culture.

i'm from Donetsk, Ukraine. may be you don't know where it is.

i sturted to learn english when i was ten. now i'm 21 but i still don't know it. and i'd always knew that tetx in song is wery importaint too.

i started to listen to the music, lz's music when i was 18. i fell in love like young girls fell. music wasn't enough and i decided to translate texts. and i started to translate all songs. and i fell in love more and more...

may be you don't know this fillings. i can hear foreign language and can understang all in song.

it's wery cool.

it was wery difficult to find LZ in USSR. you could loose you'r job if special people would know about it. Led zeppelin deep purple pink floyd were forbidden. and now it's difficult to find an old LZ fan.

but my problem is that people don't know english and can't feel all beaty and magik of LZ. and i can't speek with them about all i hear in russian or ukrainian

you discuss now questions about tour ets. i have no hope and can't imagine about their concert in Ukraine. i have no money to go to London for example, and i didn't had them to go to London on 10th of Dec.

when the tour will take place in your home town, pleace shout and sing with them for me

потому что я их люблю точно также как и вы, а, быть может, и гораздо сильней.

They should REALLY go out on tour !!!

I'm totally amazed by all the videos I've watched... It's simply

perfect... Even Plant's voice seems like before.. I just still can't

believe it...

Come on guys... Come to Copacabana and kick The Rolling Stones'

a$$ for good !!! All of the brazilian (and world) fans have been waiting

forever for this !!! If you do come here, I am absolutely sure you'll have

at least 1.000.000 people completely mesmerized at the gig !

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Will be the bigest gig ever :thumbsup:

P.S. BraSil is with S :lol:

he could very easily do both... There are several artists out there that do charitible work and tour and work on an album all in the same time frame.. Bono and the Edge of U2 is an example of this..

Well, they can do a gig here, in Brasil, to aid the "ABC Trust" :thumbsup:

Think of the logistical factors. Beyond the rehearsals, think of all the effort that went into the show as a whole. The stage setup, the synchronized video screen, the roadies, etc... Everything pretty much had to gear up as if they were going to take it onto the road.

So either they're going to feel like they dodged a bullet and they are quitting while they are ahead, or if they feel more confident they can play a few more shows.

Not only the expense of the O2 performance... look at all of the other stuff they're doing. New website, new xm radio channel, Mothership... similar to what the Who did before their last album and tour. It seems like an awful lot of effort for just one show.

As for me, I would really love to see them perform live just for once in my life. Music is ageless and especially THEIR music never had to do with "looks". As John Bonham once said in a BBC interview in 1970 "The public is coming to listen to what you're playing and not just to look at you and see what you are." Good musical performance and voice can only mature through the years, so I trully hope that they will decide to perform together again.

Thank you guys for all those things you have "given" me through your music all these years, which could never be expressed with words.

Archived