Your Username...why'd you choose it?

PageAngel

I have been reading with utter fascination the usernames people choose, and I would love to hear the stories as to why people chose them and for some of them, what they mean! Even if yours seems fairly obvious, do tell why you picked it anyway.

Mine is fairly obvious, but here is the story behind it... I've been a fan of Jimmy's since I was 8 and have always been called various nicknames involving Jimmy, but one year I happened to be in a drama production cast as an angel, so of course owing to Jimmy's 'angel with a broken wing' comment, I picked up the tag Page's Angel, which has stuck since then. Somewhere along the line the 's dropped off, hence PageAngel.

So there you are - anyone else care to share? :)

Your story is interesting))

Well many of my friends have told me i looked like Robert's wife, and eventually even my parents startsed calling me Maureen sometimes)) so i thought here it would be suitable to choose this username, as i'm used to it)

My story is not that intresting. Back in school I would forever be playing Black dog, in the car,lunch,coming going all the time. My last name is Mooney. Everyone would say here comes black dog mooney. Then someone cut it down to Moondog. Stuck with me for the last 20 years. God I am old.

So fun that even your parents called you Maureen! Is that your pic in the avatar? You do remind me of her - especially all that really pretty hair!

Haha...a bass player called wanna be drummer - fantastic story! Glad you didn't change it, it's really fun especially knowing why you are called that. :D

My story is not that intresting. Back in school I would forever be playing Black dog, in the car,lunch,coming going all the time. My last name is Mooney. Everyone would say here comes black dog mooney. Then someone cut it down to Moondog. Stuck with me for the last 20 years. God I am old.

Gosh I hear about feelin old! But that is a great story! I had a friend in high school that was forever playing BD too - he would do air drums instead of air guitar to it. I was the only person that wanted to ride in his car with the continual Zep playing - everyone got tired of it except me! :D

I was born the next in line of an ancient lineage of Kings that reign upon the "Hill People." I am the first of my kind to venture into the modern world. I am here to gain knowledge and return to my people so that we may wage war and control the world.

Opps, wasn't supposed to share that last part.

Actually my name is Logan and my freshman year at Marshall University at Band Camp the brass instructor said "Logan, sounds like Logan of the Hill People" making a reference to a In Living Color Sketch Lothar of the Hill People.

Not sure which of these stories is better. But the second one is true.

Actually my name is Logan and my freshman year at Marshall University at Band Camp the brass instructor said "Logan, sounds like Logan of the Hill People" making a reference to a In Living Color Sketch Lothar of the Hill People.

Not sure which of these stories is better. But the second one is true.

Saturday night Live actually.

Mine was a nickname that my dad used on my brother and I when we were very young. There is a ten year gap between my brother and I so at least there was no confusion as to who he was referring to at any given time. B)

I used a version of it to incorporate the drumming side of my personality when I joined on the old board, the name was ImGonnaGroove. Some of the members started figuring out the shorter handle was IGG, and would type that instead, so I

asked Sam to change my user name since that was in fact my nickname all along.

I was listening to Robert Plant's myspace page at the same time that I was signing up for the other Led-Zeppelin website. They only have 2 songs on there.... now that I think of it, good thing Big Log wasn't playing... ;)

I think it was the first time I had heard ATKH.... I kinda didn't listen to Robert Plant for a while. I'm catching up on all things Robert these days.

So fun that even your parents called you Maureen! Is that your pic in the avatar? You do remind me of her - especially all that really pretty hair!

Yeah, my avatar is my picture))) one of the latest)) the thing with my appearance is that some of my far relatives were italian or indian or spaniard. but all the rest are russians so i combine European and eastern features in my appearance)))

Jimmy's daughter Scarlet, has Lilith as her second name (her third is Eleida). I initially tried to use my initials as my screen name, but they were already taken. I just liked the sound of "Lilith" and the demonic associations! B)

Well, on the old board it was they_call_me_hippie, but I got tired of having to explain the snark behind that. So when this board came up, and everyone had to re-register, I just went with my given name, since pretty much everyone knows my name anyway.

Eagle87...

Eagle: Because am a fan of the Eagles (NFL)

87: Because I was born that year and because was a nice year for Music. Aerosmith whit The Comback CD: Permanent Vacation and Guns & Roses whit Appetite for Destruccion (for me the best G&R CD).

Dito. :)

Your grandma calls you "Fuzzy Merkin?" :huh:

You've got a crazy nana! :lol:

My username used to be the VERY original LD_ZEP_FAN. Funny, it was my username for so long that it catches my eye just as my actual first name. :lol:

When I had to re-register, I decided to go ahead and register with something that has a nickname of mine in it because everyone on the old board knew me as Mandy or Manders anyway. My mom used to call me Manderly when I was little, my dad coined me "Manders." Since then, people who don't know that's what my parents called me started calling me that too, (co-workers, peers at school, etc.) so it's just my name now. I just added the "h" at the end because whenever I use "Manderly" to register on big websites, it's taken. I'm sure it's not here, but you know... :rolleyes:

Edited by manderlyh

Seirios is a greek word that means 'glowing' or 'blazing'. Quite appropriately it is also the name of the Dog Star, the brightest of them all.

It reminds me of someone very dear to my heart who is quite far away (now).

Edited by seirios