the FOOTBALL thread

Hermit

nfl.jpg

WOW! the Pats are 10-0..

..and Cowboys and Packers are both 10-1.

thats the cream of the league right there.

At 6-4 my Seattle Seahawks are in first place in the NFC West Worst. They've looked real good without Shaun Alexander in the lineup, and going to a pass-first offense. Matt Hasselbeck is seeing the field amazingly well! He's carrying the Seahawks' season.. and their fate.. on his shoulders. On a two-game winning streak, tomorrow the Seahawks take on the 2-8 Rams in St Louis.

sea_stl_small.gif

GO 'HAWKS!! cheer.gif

What's the latest with your team?..

This snippet from a Detroit Free Press column about the Lions' loss yesterday sums it all up...

A three-game losing streak has exposed the Lions' true identity. They're that seductress that looks much better when the light is dim and the heart desperate, luring those that should know better closer with a wink and a whisper.

But it's only a meaningless flirtation.

That was the Lions' 6-2 start, just another cheap tease passing itself off as respectability.

The hussy!

It only makes the disappointment sting even more because the Lions once again exploited the public's vulnerability, sucking them into yet another tease that covered up the truth.

This snippet from a Detroit Free Press column about the Lions' loss yesterday sums it all up...

A three-game losing streak has exposed the Lions' true identity. They're that seductress that looks much better when the light is dim and the heart desperate, luring those that should know better closer with a wink and a whisper.

But it's only a meaningless flirtation.

That was the Lions' 6-2 start, just another cheap tease passing itself off as respectability.

The hussy!

It only makes the disappointment sting even more because the Lions once again exploited the public's vulnerability, sucking them into yet another tease that covered up the truth.

reminds me of a shirt I saw a girl wearing a while back

it said "SORRY" in huge letters, then in tiny print "I look good from across the room"

Don't lose faith entirely, matt. The Lions (6-5) are still in good shape for a wild card slot. Once/if they make the playoffs, anything can happen [thats what I keep telling myself about the mediocre-at-best Seahawks (6-4), anyway]. I'm hoping for one weekend of Seahawks playoff football this year. Anything beyond that will be a bonus afaic.

Seahawks in the Superbowl? Yeah,.. and Dennis Kucinich will be POTUS. :rolleyes:

Care to join me in lowering the bar of expectations?

:whistling:

Hi all,

Pats fan here :)

Yeah,what happen to the Lions? :blink:

The Pack is back!

Is anyone pissed that the Green Bay-Dallas game next week is only being shown on the NFL Network? :angry:

Fuck the nfl network, time warner,comcast, espn and most of all THE PATRIOTS

football should be only on broadcast tv so everyone can see it for free

go COWBOYS

Don't lose faith entirely, matt. The Lions (6-5) are still in good shape for a wild card slot. Once/if they make the playoffs, anything can happen [thats what I keep telling myself about the mediocre-at-best Seahawks (6-4), anyway]. I'm hoping for one weekend of Seahawks playoff football this year. Anything beyond that will be a bonus afaic.

Seahawks in the Superbowl? Yeah,.. and Dennis Kucinich will be POTUS. :rolleyes:

Care to join me in lowering the bar of expectations?

:whistling:

Nah, the Lions are done because of the tie-breaker situation. The teams that are 1 game behind them- Washington, Philly, and Arizona- have all beaten the Lions, which means they win the tie-breaker. So the Lions have to finish 1 game ahead of ALL of them, or they stay home. So if any of those three teams win 8 games, the Lions need 9. If any of them wins 9, the Lions need 10, etc.

Hi all,

Pats fan here :)

Yeah,what happen to the Lions? :blink:

The Pack is back!

Is anyone pissed that the Green Bay-Dallas game next week is only being shown on the NFL Network? :angry:

Me!!! :angry: I have Time Warner cable and they don't carry the NFL network. My previous provider, Adelphia, carried it for an extra $5 but they no longer exist. TW took over so......the only chance I'll see the game is if I go to the gym or a sports bar.

YES!! Seahawks take the lead 24-19 with 5 mins remaining.

[edited to add..]

fuck!..

Rams on the 5 yrd line.. 1st and 10.. one minute to play..

:blink:

[edited again..]

Rams 4th and goal.. half-yard line.. :28 remaining..

fumbled snap.. STUFFED!!

SEAHAWKS WIN!! :cheer: :cheer:

another ugly win <_< ,.. but we'll take it. B)

Well then I apologize in advance for your oncoming week 13 defeat... :D

Actually I really don't know if my Packers will win or not, I'm guardedly optimistic.

that's gonna be a great game..too bad I won't see it :angry:

FUCK TIME WARNER AND THE NFL NETWORK...If they are gonna get games hardly anyone can watch they should be the falcons vs niners or something...not 2 10-1 teams fighting it out for home field advantage...total bullshit

Yes, I'm female. Yes, I can be incredibly prissy. But I absolutely adore my football! I'm a rabid Packers fan and am so excited that their season is going so well. Thursday's game should be great. I don't get NFL Network, but my parents do...I'm considering making the 40 minute drive out to their house to see my boys (hopefully wallop that little team from Dallas ;) ).

I hope the Eagles "take care of" Brady tonight.

Kinda like Uncle Vito would.

...if you get my drift.

My sentiments EXACTLY! I tend to mutter "TOMBRADY!" in the same context as many four-letter words... :rolleyes:

Well, even though the suck-ass Lions lost to go to 6-5, two of the three teams that were a game behind them (but had all defeated the Lions, so would win a tie-breaker), have lost today. Washington and Arizona lost today, and Philly plays New England tonight, so that's a tall order. The Lions will likely remain a game ahead of everyone. But don't worry, they have plenty of weeks to fuck it all up! ^_^

Archived