Top song off of Zeppelin II?  

483 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Zeppelin II song.....

• Whole Lotta Love
    • What Is and What Should Never Be
    • The Lemon Song
    • Thank You
    • Heartbreaker
    • Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)
    • Ramble On
    • Moby Dick
    • Bring It On Home

That's a tough one! I voted for The Lemon Song because it so clearly shows of each of the boys talents while managing to merge each of the individuals talents into a clear whole. It is playful and then it turns a corner and the intensity grows into a very rough and crisp hard sound. I love all of the corners in the song that seems to be taken at high speed but made into gentle curves. Needless to say the rest of the album rocks too.

The middle section of WLL is why this is the song fr me, This was the song that turned me onto Zep in the first place...What I want to know is what Page said to Plant at the time of recording the song ?? Well Robert we have a rock riff that is going to change the world but in the middle section I am going to make weird noises and I want you to fake an orgasm !! it still makes me stop and listen to it everytime I hear it. Its from another planet or sphere to come up with that !!

BIOH because the of the high energy after the intro. The urgency in Plant's vocals is enough, but Jimmy's guitars riffs finish me off.

Yeah I think this song kind of alludes to what is to come in IV.

Stairway also starts out slow and explodes, much like Bring It On Home does, except that Stairway is more gradual.

The Lemon Song... because of Jonesey's incredible bass riffs. Plus he and Bonzo laid down a groove a mile deep and five miles wide for Pagey and Robert to play over.
Yeah. JPJs Bass does it for me.

I just had to vote for Moby Dick beacause of the drums! Whenever I watch the DVD and just see him go mad and play it with such passion and such energy then the feeling I get is just...amazing! I've been in love with this song for years.

But then again, in the beginning of Bring It On Home Plant plays the harmonica which gives this really really good vibe to the song. And of course Whole Lotta Love.. I mean, it's just brilliant, the whole record.

Archived