Rare Led Zep Footage To Be Broadcast In New Classic Rock Series

Jahfin

From Uncut:

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/led_zeppelin/news/10976

ledzepp260607_W.jpg

Rex Features

Archive TV footage of legendary rock artists such as Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix is to be rescued from obselete Super8 and Betamax formats and cleaned up in a new deal between Rockworld.TV and the Infernal Machine music archive.

The Infernal Machine archive boasts unique footage including Beatles appearances on 60s German show Beat Club and Hendrix's two appearances on the Ed Sullivan show.

Aerosmith, The Who and The Grateful Dead also feature in the dense archive collection that Rockworld.TV now have access to the contents of.

The obselete formats will be transfered, remastered and collated into a new Classic Rock series of programming for broadcast on Rockworld.TV set to be ready later this year.

Pete Hadfield, co-founder and Joint CEO of Carnaby Media who own Rockworld.TV has said: "We are getting access to some of the most exciting music footage in existence, a great deal of which has rarely if ever been seen before, which make our broadcast offering even stronger than it is already."

More information about what archive footage will be treated will be available in due course, check back to uncut.co.uk for more information as we get it.

Rockworld.TV currently broadcasts on Sky Channel 368 and online at www.rockworld.TV

There's an NTSC format DVD of the Classic Rock Series (Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Queen, etc..) check your local record stores and online (they have a website I believe; google it).

R B)

What is "The Classic Rock Series"? You kind of left us hanging there ya' know.

Me? I merely posted the article, I didn't write it. For more info you can click on the link to Uncut I posted at the start of the article and/or check out the link to RockWorld which is included at the end of the piece. As another poster suggested Google also works.

The Classic Rock DVD Series is a group of British behind the scenes going through each of their albums and includes some interviews (with very little concert footage). There's a Zeppelin one, a Beatles one, Pink Floyd, etc...)

They can be found in most indy record stores and online, too. Led Zep 4 is one of them.

Eagle rock Entertainment has a classic rock series too (Pink floyd --- dark side, Queen -- night at the opera, etc... most are available at Wal-Mart for around $10.

R B)

Archived