LED ZEPPELIN's 'Song' To Receive Blu-Ray And HD DVD Release This Month

The Pagemeister

LED ZEPPELIN's 'Song' To Receive Blu-Ray And HD DVD Release This Month

According to High-Def Digest, after a series of street date delays, Warner has announced a late February Blu-ray and HD DVD arrival for the LED ZEPPELIN's concert classic "The Song Remains the Same".

Originally planned for release in November of last year (day-and-date on Blu-ray, HD DVD and standard-def), Warner subsequently delayed "The Song Remains the Same" on all formats by three weeks. That new December street date didn't last long, however, with the studio again yanking the title from its release schedule only days before it was due to hit stores.

Read the entire article at High-Def Digest.

Hey! I just noticed the pic in your sig! That's the Cherry Red '73 Les Paul he used in TSRTS when he broke a string before WLL! The one on the Outrider cover that's been fitted with a b-bender. Nice to see him pull that one out after all these years! Do you know what song it was used on? They didn't do Hot Dog, Ten Years Gone or All My Love.

• 2 weeks later...

The movie segment was shot at Santa Pod in 1973. It was not released until I had moved to U.S. in 1976. The group and their manager showed up at Santa Pod Raceway in a huge limo. There were Gold Discs lying on the floor scattered around a crate of milk? Funny, the small things you remember.

John did not drive the race car. I did the shots driving through a pool of blazing gasoline. The movie shows me dressing John in my suit. The head cameraman was the same guy who shot Lawrence of Arabia. He laid cameras out all along the track and I had to drive between them. He got volunteers from spectators to throw remote switches on the cameras when he waved his hand.

He got it in one take!

We had a great couple of days doing this.

More trivia.....John Bonham was talking to me about putting the Top Fuel car on a rolling road behind his drum set-up and we would fire it up in total darkness during his drum solo but we had some problems with the Fire Chief in some cities and it didn't happen.

More trivia.....I think I first saw Jimmy Page at a dance hall in RAF Cardington near Bedford when he was only about 16 playing with Neil Christian and the Crusaders?????

Info courtesy of Clive Skilton who drove the "Revolution IV" Top Fuel Dragster at Santa Pod Raceway

The movie segment was shot at Santa Pod in 1973. It was not released until I had moved to U.S. in 1976. The group and their manager showed up at Santa Pod Raceway in a huge limo. There were Gold Discs lying on the floor scattered around a crate of milk? Funny, the small things you remember.

John did not drive the race car. I did the shots driving through a pool of blazing gasoline. The movie shows me dressing John in my suit. The head cameraman was the same guy who shot Lawrence of Arabia. He laid cameras out all along the track and I had to drive between them. He got volunteers from spectators to throw remote switches on the cameras when he waved his hand.

He got it in one take!

We had a great couple of days doing this.

More trivia.....John Bonham was talking to me about putting the Top Fuel car on a rolling road behind his drum set-up and we would fire it up in total darkness during his drum solo but we had some problems with the Fire Chief in some cities and it didn't happen.

More trivia.....I think I first saw Jimmy Page at a dance hall in RAF Cardington near Bedford when he was only about 16 playing with Neil Christian and the Crusaders?????

Info courtesy of Clive Skilton who drove the "Revolution IV" Top Fuel Dragster at Santa Pod Raceway

VERY COOL info nitromaniac! I'll bet (after reading "Ronnie" by Ron Wood) that what he thought was milk in that crate was probably high grade Bolivian marching powder. :D

Ron Wood mentioned that there was a big time "dealer to the stars" that used to show up at Keith's house with the stuff in milk bottles.

back on topic.... I've still been unable to find the regular DVD anywhere in my area. I hope they ship some with the HD and BR editions.

From The Man With Three Eyes:

FYI: The new release of TSRTS has omitted completely the Cameron Crowe piece in the bonus material on disc 2, so those of us fortunate enough to have picked up the first edition at the end of last year now have very collectable sets.

I don't yet have a HD or blue ray player, or HD TV for that matter. All in good time I guess.

I recieved a free copy of the new release last October when I attended the Warner Bros official launch party in London. I then bought a copy of the special collectors edition from the US with the tshirt and cards etc. It doesnt play in my region on my TV but does play on my computer.

B)

• 2 weeks later...

for those who plan on picking up an HD version, and don't yet have a player. I'd would make sure you get the Bluray edition. HD DVD has been abandoned. The war is officially over.

Score one for Sony I guess. After 35 years they finally win a fromat award on video. (Betamax lost, MultiMedia Compact Disc lost to DVD format)

• 6 months later...

Archived