Robert Plant Allison Krauss on TV Tonight

bahama

Hmmm I shall have to check that out.

You know, when CMT started off as the new something or other back in the 90s... In could swear it was Canadian.

Either that or there are now two chapters, one Canadian, one American.

I was told that at one time Muchmusic was more popular than MTV. Mainly because we still played videos back then.

The first thing I did before I got dressed this morning was set my tv and vcr to 8pm on the cmt channel. I have a class tonight which doesn't get out until 8 so I'll miss the first half hour. I will catch the last 20 minutes or so but at least I can watch the entire show later this evening. :D

"Everybody and his brother is preparing for a second coming. And I think we're ready for it! Good-night!" Robert Plant's revelation!

Yeah, wow, what do you think about that?! As one of the faithful, I'm ready for it! So much speculation...got any tickets for sale? :P

"Everybody and his brother is preparing for a second coming. And I think we're ready for it! Good-night!" Robert Plant's revelation!

I may have heard different but I'm sure he said "Don't think were ready for it"

Anybody? :huh:

I thought he was talking about he and Alison. haha

I was like, "Hell yeah we are!" but then he turned to her and said "we're ready for it." I thought he was trying to be funny by pulling at our heartstrings. That hot bastard. :P

Anyway, that version of Black Dog was weird! It's such a prototypical rock song, and to hear it played in that manner sure is something else. I'm not sure if I liked it. I'll have to think about it.

I thought he was talking to Alison. haha

I was like, "Hell yeah we are!" but then he turned to her and said "we're ready for it." I thought he was trying to be funny by pulling at our heartstrings. That hot bastard. :P

Anyway, that version of Black Dog was weird! It's such a prototypical rock song, and to hear it played in that manner sure is something else. I'm not sure if I liked it. I'll have to think about it.

Reminded me of the version of No body's fault on the unleded cd

I thought he was talking to Alison. haha

I was like, "Hell yeah we are!" but then he asked her if she thought "we're ready for it." I thought he was trying to be funny by pulling at our heartstrings. That hot bastard. :P

That's what I thought too when I saw it this afternoon. Never gave it a second thought until now. I think it was a sly reference to Zep, but could have been second coming of Robert and Alison since this was their first performance. Hell, I don't know!

I liked Black Dog. It made me see it in a different way. The original for me has been about a guy who's appalled that the girl he wanted so much could kick him to the curb so easliy. Where as Robert and Alison's was more about a guy's who's heartbroken that he let himself get caught up in love and get hurt. I feel like I'm not explaining it right, but I just felt differently hearing it this time than I ever have before!

No, I think he was talking about her and him and he did that because he was trying to be funny. Everyone would think he was talking about Zep, but then he turned to her and said "we." I was like, "Ah, you jerk." That's just my impression of it. I guess we shall see! I hope you're right. :)

Sunray, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's as cynical as I am about this statement. We can be doubters together.

To say everyone is ready for a second coming in no way can mean him and Krauss. No way in the world. Those statements refer a much bigger expectation. Sadly, Lennon and Harrison are not here, and neither is Elvis. Who else is big enough for everyone to be waiting for a second coming. The only other possibility is JC-Im wating for that one too, but doubt Robert has any inside info on that! It seems to me he can only be referring to Zeppelin.

There has been talk of them doing another album. Robert mentioned this in December on a British television interview and I think in print somewhere but that I'm not 100% on. I'm quite certain his remark to Alison at the end was referring to them doing another project. When it was announced they were doing a record together, there was a lot of skeptism and after people heard it, they were blown away from all corners of the music world.

Ill bet the ranch on it! Get ready for a Led Zeppelin world tour. And get ready for Allison to sing along on Going to California. What else could be possibly be talking about? To say everyone is waiting for a second coming is quite a statement. Do you think he is talking about him and Allison? NOT. He has to be talking about Led Zeppelin.

He was talking in reference to Zeppelin but i'm sure I heard "Don't think we're ready for it" being facetious, sunray says she heard "I think we're ready for it"

Did anyone else hear differently? :unsure:

It's on again tommorow I'll check the times and post them in a little while

He was talking in reference to Zeppelin but i'm sure I heard "Don't think we're ready for it" being facetious, sunray says she heard "I think we're ready for it"

Did anyone else hear differently? :unsure:

It's on again tommorow I'll check the times and post them in a little while

I wasn't trying to sound facetious! Sorry if it came off like that. In all seriousness, I really did hear him say that! Go here and check. Look on the right and scroll down to the last one.

http://www.cmt.com/loaded/player.jhtml?id=1580892

To say everyone is ready for a second coming in no way can mean him and Krauss. No way in the world. Those statements refer a much bigger expectation. Sadly, Lennon and Harrison are not here, and neither is Elvis. Who else is big enough for everyone to be waiting for a second coming. The only other possibility is JC-Im wating for that one too, but doubt Robert has any inside info on that! It seems to me he can only be referring to Zeppelin.

LOL, good one :D

Ill bet the ranch on it! Get ready for a Led Zeppelin world tour. And get ready for Allison to sing along on Going to California. What else could be possibly be talking about? To say everyone is waiting for a second coming is quite a statement. Do you think he is talking about him and Allison? NOT. He has to be talking about Led Zeppelin.

It will be great to see them again...........but looking forward to the Chatt Tenn show in April. Saw Crossroads.......it was good...................Peace to all................Miami Muse

Thanks Angel. Sunray, Ive played it but cant find the ending where I saw Robert say Were Ready-for a second coming. I thought it was pretty revealing. And I posted before he said it and said lets see if he gives a revelation. I expected nothing and believe I hit the jackpot. I cant see how you can interpret it any other way. (I dont mean you sunray-I mean the ones that think he was referring to him and Allison)

Really? I just saw it on there. It's the very last video listed on the panel on the right.

http://www.cmt.com/loaded/index.jhtml?vid=207291

So you are saying no way he could be hinting of a Zeppelin tour? Is that your opinion? I might tend to agree had there not been so much emphasis about Zeppelin. Playing Black Dog and talking about her recollectin as a child of her brother playing the records and such things. To use the words he used in my opinion hints of a second coming of something of moumental proportion. Certainly it cant be the two of them as there is no major history. And to say everyone is quite revealing also in my opinion. But, regardless, I still will say that he will not let Jimmy and his fans down in the end. There shall be more concerts!

I'm saying in my opinion, he's absolutely not hinting at a Zep tour. The reference to me was about a second album with Alison and nothing more.

I really enjoyed the show and their music together; they have great chemistry. My take on his closing comment was that he was being coy and deliberately ambiguous; maybe making a double entendre to tease the fans. He seems committed to working with Allison right now; I don't think he would promote a LZ tour while on a show with Allison.

I am just going to be patient and see what happens. LZ is regularly appearing in the media these days; and the individual band members' press still mentions LZ; so it all seems to be fueling the speculation, like a stealth marketing campaign. They really are building a massive demand, though; with all these little nuggets in the news.

I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Archived