Keith Richards "Slated" the Led Zeppelin Reunion

mstork

Okay, what does it mean if Keith Richards "slated" the Led Zeppelin reunion? I feel like a dummy asking, maybe it's a Brit expression? This is a tease of an upcoming interview in Uncut magazine...

Rolling Stone Keith Richards has branded bandmate Sir Mick Jagger a "power freak", slated the Led Zeppelin reunion and expressed regret over his past excesses.

Keith article

It means Subject somebody to harsh critism. So he looked down on the Reunion. Maybe jealous.

Thank you! That's what I thought, and it would be in character with everything I've heard him say about Zeppelin. Which is strange because he's usually had great things to say about Jimmy...

Hmm... Keith Richards "has become something of an anti-drugs crusader": filing that under Things I Never Thought I'd See.

I wonder specifically what he said about Zeppelin. He had to hit back I suppose because Robert keeps saying he doesn't want to follow the Stones around the world.

Hmm... Keith Richards "has become something of an anti-drugs crusader": filing that under Things I Never Thought I'd See.

I wonder specifically what he said about Zeppelin. He had to hit back I suppose because Robert keeps saying he doesn't want to follow the Stones around the world.

Good for Robert then. I love Keith and the Stones but any time Zeppelin is mentioned he bitches about "screeching blond singers." If I were Robert it would annoy me.

Yeah wouldn't want the Stones to look THAT bad.

What do you expect from someone who snorted his own fathers ashes?

Liked some of The Stones music, but never enough to see them live.

Now I know why they never got any of my hard earned.

Talk about taking money under false pretences.

Richards is a hypocrite, he has no problem with Jimmy playing on his albums, but

bags Zeppelin.

If only The Stones were as popular.

Now there's no reason to shit on Keith. And all that "snorting ashes" was a JOKE.

If not for Keef, the Stones would have been shit, pure and simple. Don't believe me? Go get a Jagger solo CD. Sure, he may say something that irritates us. But we've ALL said something that would piss him off, like all those "150 years old" jokes. So let it pass. ;)

Yeah he is like a granpa who feels he can say whatever he wants i guess...but i thought he was much cooler than that. But then again alot of artists and writers have said alot of negative stuff at times...but keith should just stay away from interviews these days then.

The Stones went to shit firstly after Brian Jones died and then finally when Mick Taylor left.

Bill Wyman wised up and left and that completed the exercise.

Oh yeah and what a role model Richards is to all the kids.

And no I haven't said anything in the past to piss him off.

The Stones went to shit firstly after Brian Jones died and then finally when Mick Taylor left.

Bill Wyman wised up and left and that completed the exercise.

Oh yeah and what a role model Richards is to all the kids.

And no I haven't said anything in the past to piss him off.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. And that's where I'm going to leave it. Except, the Taylor years were the best IMO.

OK, I'm done.

BA-DA-BING!!

What goes around...

Robert is no different than Keith in that respect. But that doesn't stop me from enjoying the music. :)

Damn, you are just hell bent on being rational and balanced about this, aren't you???!!! :lol: Fuck that, let's take the old bastard down!

Just kidding. I have no opinion on this subject (other than a preference for Plant over Richards, for female reasons :P )

Damn, you are just hell bent on being rational and balanced about this, aren't you???!!! :lol: Fuck that, let's take the old bastard down!

Just kidding. I have no opinion on this subject (other than a preference for Plant over Richards, for female reasons :P )

:lol:

I'm simply a big fan of both. Even though they BOTH annoy me at times. But they've been around long enough and have proven themselves over and over again. So you gotta roll with it sometimes. ;)

We wouldn't dream of having a conversation about Zep and the Stones without sluts involved! :P Just kidding.

Seems a bit hypocritical that an old timer like Keith can criticise a bunch of old timers like Zeppelin for getting together to play again. It certainly can't be about them being too old or past their time, or not knowing when to quit.

Without seeing what he actually said I would assume the magazine is trying to make a story out of nothing....

I've always seen the stones as arrogant jealous bastards, none of this is surprising.

I'd aim most of that at Jagger, not Richards. "Sir", my ass. :rolleyes:

Just to clarify for everyone though- Zep is by FAR my favorite band. Always have been. But you gotta be fair. Well, I do anyway. :lol:

I've always seen the stones as arrogant jealous bastards, none of this is surprising.

It really seems that there was, and perhaps still is huge jealousy re: Zeppelin. It seems they got little respect from their peers (or critics) back in the day, and maybe it's still that way. I don't know if that's the case here. I like the stones, but love Zepp.

Robert puts the Stones down about their endless touring so it doesn't surprise me if Keith has some hard feelings.

Keef put down Zep and specifically their "screeching blond singer" way before Robert ever shot back.

Still love Keef and the Stones, for the record.

Archived