What is the Better "Please Read The Letter" version

I think that Plant&Krauss version is very good and Levee was also amazing, however I'm not too sure about Black Dog. It was a bit weird and I don't really know if I like it or not.

Ev, any news concerning Greek show?

I think that Plant&Krauss version is very good and Levee was also amazing, however I'm not too sure about Black Dog. It was a bit weird and I don't really know if I like it or not.

Ev, any news concerning Greek show?

Hi Tiina! Yeah, Levee was great. And I liked Black Dog, a little different but I liked it. For me they don't come close to how it's done by Led Zeppelin and that's a good thing. That should be just for Led Zeppelin... when they tour later this year! :D ****crosses fingers****

I wasn't a huge fan of P/P WIC however that song was one of my favorites. I think the AK/RP version is beautiful though so it's hard to say.

And Ev, I agree, AK/RP's take of When the Levee Breaks is great (if that's the one you're talking about...I've never heard P/P version of that song and of course, the original is classic!!!!! :thumbsup:)

Maybe it's the whole acoustic thing. Some people said that Dancing days and The Rover is better on the acoustic then electric, then there is the Jennings Farm Blues and Bron-Yr-Aur stomp debate. I still watch the Crossroads show on my tivo and i bought the Raising sands CD. I also don't like any page and Plant solo stuff, but i loved Walking into Clarksdale and the Unledded stuff.

Though I don't care that much for Raising Sand, I love their version of Please Read The Letter. I wouldn't say it's better than P/P's version, but P/K's version is beautiful on its own way.

The WIC version was never my favorite, but I did like it. The Raising Sand version is probably my second favorite on the album. The Robert/Alison version made me appreciate the P/P version more...or, at least, listen to it a lot more. I'd have to go with the Raising Sand version. Slowing it down made it more expressive...more meloncholy.

I prefer the Plant/Krauss version, and I think a major reason the P&P one, while one of my favorite songs on Walking Into Clarksdale, isn't as good is due to the production. The production on that whole album blows. Albini was the wrong man for that, and IMO any other, job.

I'm going against the grain here. The Page/Plant version is far better to me.

I don't care for the RP/AK project at all. Not that they're bad, it's just not my style of music. My loss, I guess.

I prefer the Page/Plant version. There is something in the sound and the atmosphere created by Page and Plant that appeals to me more than the newer version. For me, there is something compelling when I imagine Page and Plant collaborating to write and record those lyrics together and that feeling comes through to me in the song.

• 2 weeks later...

To answer the second half of the question that opens this thread:NO,tbone is NOT better than Jimmy Page at all. If I recall correctly,Jimmy had his hand incontributing to the writting of the song.

I like them both but I'm more drawn lately to the Robert/Alison version.

They just completed a video for it. Apologies if it's posted elsewhere

http://www.cmt.com/videos/alison-krauss/21...he-letter.jhtml

Thanks NineLive for the link very nice :D Tbone better yes like apples and oranges Jimmy I have seen live I look forward to seeing T bone preform for very different reasons.

apparently T-Bone is better than Jimmy because Robert is touring with T-Bone and not Jimmy Page.

Well Led Zep fans how many years did Robert tour with Jimmy ? Yes, they did tour playing the song :Please Read the Letter , after They wrote it

Online Today http://www.uncut.co.uk Robert Plant confirms` Led Zep could play again and article underneath states Tbone Burnett would love to record Bob Dylan

Well Led Zep fans how many years did Robert tour with Jimmy ? Yes, they did tour playing the song :Please Read the Letter , after They wrote it

Online Today http://www.uncut.co.uk Robert Plant confirms` Led Zep could play again and article underneath states Tbone Burnett would love to record Bob Dylan

Robert does not cofirm anything .....all he says is "Hopefully, one day, we could do it again for another really, really good reason". .....

apparently T-Bone is better than Jimmy because Robert is touring with T-Bone and not Jimmy Page.

I don't think that's the reason at all. It's not about any musician being better or worse. It's more along the lines of what creative direction Robert is looking to pursue and finding musicians that will go there with him, IMO.

Archived