TSRTS Soundtrack!

bonzo1026

Haven't heard the whole cd yet, saving that for later tonight. Celebration Day sounds awesome. Much better then it used to. Can't wait to hear Dazed and Confused.

I'm listening to D&C now. It's cracking - I love the fast section after the violin bit.

Why there are any cuts at all in the soundtrack is inexcusable. BD is cut like the movie, and they've got the full version on the 2003 DVD! What's up with that? I realize due to some legalities they had to keep the movie the same, but why try to make the soundtrack match? Why keep the horrible edits, even add some in?

cheers

Pete

WOW! I'm listening to TSRTS (CD) right now and I can't believe how good it sounds. Did I really listen to this album on a cassette tape back in the 1980's? It doesn't even sound like the same show.

It's a little underwhelming energy wise compared to "How the West Was Won," but it's still a 'good' show. I used to find just about every aspect of TSRTS cringe inducing, I hated the old mix, and everything on the record just sounded tired. Now it's bright and punchy, I was dancing around my living room going nuts for "Misty Mountain Hop" and even "Black Dog" a song I haven't enjoyed in over a decade.

Someone at Atlantic has screwed up majorly with the distribution though. I went to Best Buy today, no DVD, but they had copies of the CD. At Circuit City they had the DVD (expanded edition of course), but no CD.

I bought the new -tsrts today at -best buy and they didnt have the dvd in. A person checked for me and their order is coming in on the 27.

I'm glad to have gotten the cd first, really enjoying it. I hear the cuts and don't understand why the cuts were on the soundtrack either, but its still great. I like the stratospheric noise effect on a particular song, won't mention it and give it away, cool addition. I hear a different sound/effect going on, on jimmy's guitar on a couple of songs too, guess that came to the surface on the remastering. I noticed a couple of other little things here and there.

The first disc just plays so well.

WOW! I'm listening to TSRTS (CD) right now and I can't believe how good it sounds. Did I really listen to this album on a cassette tape back in the 1980's? It doesn't even sound like the same show.

It's a little underwhelming energy wise compared to "How the West Was Won," but it's still a 'good' show. I used to find just about every aspect of TSRTS cringe inducing, I hated the old mix, and everything on the record just sounded tired. Now it's bright and punchy, I was dancing around my living room going nuts for "Misty Mountain Hop" and even "Black Dog" a song I haven't enjoyed in over a decade.

Someone at Atlantic has screwed up majorly with the distribution though. I went to Best Buy today, no DVD, but they had copies of the CD. At Circuit City they had the DVD (expanded edition of course), but no CD.

I went to CC on my lunch hour to get it...they're having a special today-$11.99 for the DVD and I think they have the collector's edition for $29.99. Anyway, I had to search for it once I got there....it wasn't in the new release section. It was on the side of the store near the cash register. I don't like CC at all but that was the closest place to get it and I didn't want to wait a week to get it from BB. I'm planning to having my own mini zep party on Thanksgiving day with a couple of zep fans. B)

PRICES FOR THE SOUNDTRACK CD AND DVD Nov. 20th

CIRCUIT CITY TSRTS CD -- $15.99 -- CD

CIRCUIT CITY TSRTS DVD -- $11.99 -- DVD

BEST BUY did not have TSRTS stocked. The clerk pulled up the TSRTS on their database and it showed the release date of Nov. 20th.... but, it showed they would not have it in the store until Nov. 25th????

Target only had The Mothership..... but no CD or DVD of TSRTS.

Don't forget to look for the items in the "New Release" Section, as they may not have it sticked up in the regular spot for it...

Has anyone noticed how pathetic releases have become? I remember the vinyl days when EVERYONE had it the first day. Obviously Best Buy doesn't really care. When the Unledded came out, I went there the night of the release, and waited 15 minutes while the clerk went back and looked for it. sheeeeesh..................

Has anyone noticed how pathetic releases have become? I remember the vinyl days when EVERYONE had it the first day. Obviously Best Buy doesn't really care. When the Unledded came out, I went there the night of the release, and waited 15 minutes while the clerk went back and looked for it. sheeeeesh..................

I went to Circuit City today to get mine for $15.99 and the clerk said "Who?", when I asked for the TSRTS cd. She went to look, 15 mins. later came back empty handed. I said the EXACT same thing in my description of the state of cd merchandizing today, PATHETIC !!! So I went next door to BestBuy who did have it and got it for $17.99. They had plenty.

It's all because of the downloading now, record stores used to be mobbed on new release day especially for a Led Zeppelin album. Lines formed typically all night, for the new vinyl in my experience.

Wow, seems like I wasn't the only one who had trouble getting my hands on both the CD and DVD today. Like a few others, I was only able to get the CD at Best Buy, they apparently wern't going to get the DVD in until a week later. :huh:

I did pass buy a Circuit City on the way home and was plesently surprised to pick up the DVD for $11.99! Nice! B)

Just picked it up! My only advice is to hold on to your asses! IT'S AMAZING! I was BLOWN AWAY!

Also got both the Special and Collector's edition of the film. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was f.....in' stunned on how much better it was(srts dvd) with the new audio in 5:1 ! Well worth it and do not fool yourself that you have heard it all before....just buy it !

the sound is WAYYYYY better than before. the cuts still piss me off. missing a verse in black dog. missing the beginning of the guitar solo in no quarter (why? its in the origional soundtrack??), whole lotta love is cut...makes no sense. i understand its a soundtrack, but why mess with the integrity of the MUSIC?? hell, page could have added communication breakdown and the organ solo->thank you on as well. i guess its just me pining for some complete shows. they should release one from each tour, as a kind of pathway through all that was live led zeppelin.

overall, its better than before. nice to hear some of the added tracks, like misty mountain hop and over the hills. the release gets a B from me, when it could have, and should have, been an A...

PRICES FOR THE SOUNDTRACK CD AND DVD Nov. 20th

CIRCUIT CITY TSRTS CD -- $15.99 -- CD

CIRCUIT CITY TSRTS DVD -- $11.99 -- DVD

BEST BUY did not have TSRTS stocked. The clerk pulled up the TSRTS on their database and it showed the release date of Nov. 20th.... but, it showed they would not have it in the store until Nov. 25th????

Target only had The Mothership..... but no CD or DVD of TSRTS.

Don't forget to look for the items in the "New Release" Section, as they may not have it sticked up in the regular spot for it...

Thanks!!

BestBuy is becoming a complete joke when it comes to new releases. They always have stuff at least 24 to 48 hours late, if at all. I got my copy of TSRTS CD yesterday for $19.99. :blink: and I was told the DVD would come out on the 27th. :angry:

I bought my cd set yesterday and I´m listening to it as I post here.

first thing to say, as I have not listened to it all the way through, the new aedition has a nice package! I don´t understand people who said they had trouble at pulling out the booklet without damaging it. However, it is tru that card slipcases get damaged too soon, no matter how good you treat them!!

Second, reading to the liner notes, it states that the Baltimore and Pittsburgh were filmed at least in part...does anybody know if those scenes were ever seen?

Third and last for now...it states that the only other band that were doing long instrumental passages were the Dead...which sounds silly to me, cause just on the spot I can think of deep Purple performing 30 minutes versions of space truckin and other bands also did long live versions of their songs like the doors, ELP, Pink Floyd, just to mention a few...

A TRAVESTY!!! Everything would have been FINE if they would have released what they said they were going to release (A Re Issue of TSRTS soundtrack album).

Which this is definitely NOT!!!

I cannot find even one moment that is the same as on the album...It's just like the cassette tape I made of the VHS movie 20 years ago....

I knew as soon as R&R started, that it was the FILM version, and NOT the TSRTS soundtrack album version...I wanted to turn it off then, sensing what was ahead, but I waited patiently until NQ came on....I knew Instantly that it was again the FILM version, and NOT the TSRTS soundtrack album version...What did I have to lose then, I put in the second disc and went to track 2, rewound a few seconds and heard "Jimmy Page Electric Guitar"...I Knew then that the D&C was the 3 version edit from the FILM, and NOT the one from TSRTS soundtrack album....What the hell was the thinking behind this?(aside from $$$) As I said before, a TRAVESTY!!!! Jimmy must just be a fucking retard to release something like this....Sure, it sounds good, but what good is good sound if the music is FAKE? Sure, OTHAFA is cool, but I have it already, and it sounds MUCH better than this...sure, the other extra songs are cool, but again, have them already....A total waste of time, money and effort on the bands behalf!!

stu

Archived