• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

Oh, I'm not just a liberal, I'm an extreme left-wing liberal B) A socialized health care system sort of liberal.

Yeah, but in Canada that isn't really "extreme left-wing". There it's actually middle of the road.

So I guess I sort of give you a pass on that. :D

And what exactly do liberals look like? :lol:

They usually look sort of troll-like and dim witted.

Usuallly, but not always.

I hope I don't look conservative... :ph34r:

Your physical looks and other attributes give you the look of both intelligence and fun.

... yeah, fun. B)

I have something I want to post, just out of curiosity from people's opinions. I would like to point out that I did not write it and I disagree with much of it. But I would like to see other's reactions. So...

If Bush resigned today, perhaps this is what his speech would be.....

-------------------------------------

Normally, I start these things out by saying 'My Fellow Americans.' Not doing it this time. If the polls are any indication, I don't know who more than half of you are anymore. I do know something terrible has happened, and I don't think you're really fellow Americans any longer.

I'll cut right to the chase here: I quit. Now before anyone gets all in a lather about me quitting to avoid impeachment, or to avoid prosecution or something, let me assure you: There's been no breaking of laws or impeachable offenses in this office.

The reason I'm quitting is simple. I'm fed up with you people. I'm fed up because you have no understanding of what's really going on in the world. Or of what's going on in this once-great nation of ours. And the majority of you are too damned lazy to do your homework and figure it out.

Let's start local. Politicians and the news media have sold you a bill of goods. Polls show the majority of you think the economy is in the tank. And that's despite record numbers of homeowners, including record numbers of MINORITY homeowners. You hear a lot about the number of home foreclosures and yes, they are above normal. But did you know 96% of all mortgages are being paid on time and only 4% are in the tank? And that includes the higher foreclosure number? And while we're mentioning minorities, I'll point out that minority business ownership is at an all-time high. Our unemployment rate is as low as it ever was during the Clinton administration. I've mentioned all those things before, but it doesn't seem to have sunk in.

Despite the shock to our economy of 9/11, the stock market has rebounded to record levels and more Americans than ever are participating in these markets. Meanwhile, all you can do is whine about gas prices, and most of you are too damn stupid to realize gas prices are high because there's increased demand in other parts of the world, and because a small handful of noisy idiots are more worried about polar bears and beachfront property than your economic security.

We face real threats in the world. Don't give me this 'blood for oil' thing. If I were trading blood for oil I would've already seized Iraq 's oil fields and let the rest of the country go to hell. And don't give me this 'Bush Lied; People Died' crap either. If I were the liar you morons take me for, I could've easily had chemical weapons planted in Iraq so they could be 'discovered.' Instead, I owned up to the fact the intelligence was faulty.

Let me remind you the rest of the world thought Saddam had the goods, same as me. Let me also remind you a regime change in Iraq was official US policy before I came into office. Some guy named ' Clinton ' established that policy. Bet you didn't know that, did you?

You idiots need to understand we face a unique enemy. Back during the cold war, there were two major competing political and economic models squaring off. We won that war, but we did so because fundamentally, the Communists wanted to survive, just as we do. We were simply able to out spend and out-tech them.

That's not the case this time. The soldiers of our new enemy don't care if they survive. In fact, they want to die. That'd be fine, as long as they weren't also committed to taking as many of you with them as they can. But they are. They want to kill you, and the bastards are all over the globe.

You should be grateful they haven't gotten any more of us here in the United States since September 11. But you're not. That's because you've got no idea how hard a small number of intelligence, military, law enforcement, and homeland security people have worked to make sure of that. When this whole mess started, I warned you this would be a long and difficult fight. I'm disappointed how many of you people think a long and difficult fight amounts to a single season of 'Survivor.'

Instead, you've grown impatient. You're incapable of seeing things through the long lens of history, the way our enemies do. You think wars only last a few months, a few years, tops.

Making matters worse, you actively support those who help the enemy. Every time you buy the New York Times, every time you send a donation to a cut-and-run Democrat's political campaign, well, damn it, you might just as well FedEx a grenade launcher to a Jihadist. It amounts to the same thing.

In this day and age, it's easy enough to find the truth. It's all over the Internet. It just isn't on the pages of the New York Times or on NBC News. But even if it were, I doubt you'd be any smarter. Most of you would rather watch American Idol.

I could say more about your expectations the government will always be there to bail you out, even if you're too stupid to leave a city that's below sea level and has a hurricane approaching.

I could say more about your insane belief that government, not your own wallet, is where the money comes from. But I've come to the conclusion that were I to do so, it would sail right over your heads.

So I quit. I'm going back to Crawford. I've got an energy-efficient house down there (Al Gore could only dream) and the capability to be fully self-sufficient. No one ever heard of Crawford before I got elected, and as soon as I'm done here pretty much no one will ever hear of it again. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to die of old age before the last pillars of America fall.

Oh, and by the way, Cheney's quitting too. That means Pelosi is your new President. You asked for it. Watch what she does carefully, because I still have a glimmer of hope there are enough of you remaining who are smart enough to turn this thing around in 2008.

So that's it. God bless what's left of America . Some of you know what I mean. The rest of you, kiss off.

Like I said... I disagree with much of it (one the few things I agree with is that the prospect of Nancy Pelosi as president scares me even more than the prospect of Hillary Clinton as president).

So... thoughts?

P.S.- One more time, just in case someone missed it... I disagree with most of this... though, I have to admit, I do enjoy playing Devil's Advocate, so if I make any posts defending it, I don't actually believe what I'm saying. I'm playing Devil's Advocate because it's always good to have one in a debate... and I like being the Devil's Advocate... it's fun... :D

Oh, and it was brought to my attention on the Days of the New Fan Club Forum...

Crime tape surrounds the place. So do dozens of people, clamoring to see the damage, the crime... the victim. It was the one Seargant Bob had been chasing for such a long time, now. He was absolutely sure of it.

Sargent Bob: Another victim for the Thread-Killer.

Officer Joe: That's right, sir. It was a post about some what-if speech that did it this time.

Sargent Bob: And in new territory, too. I had always hoped it would be confined to Harmony Forever. Then he branched out to COSForums, Planet Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Company, Days of the New Fanclub, and now here. It's getting harder and harder to catch him.

Officer Joe: And we still don't know who he is.

Sargent Bob: Any clues this time? Maybe he got just a little careless.

Officer Joe: No, sir. It's still just as big a mystery as always.

Sargent Bob: Shit.

Officer Joe: What should we do, sir?

Sargent Bob: What we always do. Take that last post and book it as the murder weapon, close this up and move people along. As usual, we won't find anything here.

Officer Joe: Yes, sir.

So many wonderful threads have fallen victim to the infamous Thread-Killer. He was feared all over forums on the net. And at every crime scene, Sargent Bob always found himself getting further and further away from catching the criminal. Maybe it would never end... but he prayed that one day, he'd get lucky...

Beware the Thread-Killer... beware...

:D

Romney is going to give "The Speech" this Thursday regarding faith in America. This will be the most significant and anticipated speech ever given on this subject since JFK speech prior to his election. I hope he knocks it out of the park.

Speaking for yourself. I'm anticipating my next dump with more

excitement than I'm anticipating any speech from Romney. :rolleyes:

Of course there are similarities in the two events.

:P

I have something I want to post, just out of curiosity from people's opinions. I would like to point out that I did not write it and I disagree with much of it. But I would like to see other's reactions. So...

If Bush resigned today, perhaps this is what his speech would be.....

Normally, I start these things out by saying 'My Fellow Americans.' Not doing it this time. If the polls are any indication, I don't know who more than half of you are anymore. I do know something terrible has happened, and I don't think you're really fellow Americans any longer.

I'll cut right to the chase here: I quit. Now before anyone gets all in a lather about me quitting to avoid impeachment, or to avoid prosecution or something, let me assure you: There's been no breaking of laws or impeachable offenses in this office.

The reason I'm quitting is simple. I'm fed up with you people. I'm fed up because you have no understanding of what's really going on in the world. Or of what's going on in this once-great nation of ours. And the majority of you are too damned lazy to do your homework and figure it out.

Let's start local. Politicians and the news media have sold you a bill of goods. Polls show the majority of you think the economy is in the tank. And that's despite record numbers of homeowners, including record numbers of MINORITY homeowners. You hear a lot about the number of home foreclosures and yes, they are above normal. But did you know 96% of all mortgages are being paid on time and only 4% are in the tank? And that includes the higher foreclosure number? And while we're mentioning minorities, I'll point out that minority business ownership is at an all-time high. Our unemployment rate is as low as it ever was during the Clinton administration. I've mentioned all those things before, but it doesn't seem to have sunk in.

Despite the shock to our economy of 9/11, the stock market has rebounded to record levels and more Americans than ever are participating in these markets. Meanwhile, all you can do is whine about gas prices, and most of you are too damn stupid to realize gas prices are high because there's increased demand in other parts of the world, and because a small handful of noisy idiots are more worried about polar bears and beachfront property than your economic security.

We face real threats in the world. Don't give me this 'blood for oil' thing. If I were trading blood for oil I would've already seized Iraq 's oil fields and let the rest of the country go to hell. And don't give me this 'Bush Lied; People Died' crap either. If I were the liar you morons take me for, I could've easily had chemical weapons planted in Iraq so they could be 'discovered.' Instead, I owned up to the fact the intelligence was faulty.

Let me remind you the rest of the world thought Saddam had the goods, same as me. Let me also remind you a regime change in Iraq was official US policy before I came into office. Some guy named ' Clinton ' established that policy. Bet you didn't know that, did you?

You idiots need to understand we face a unique enemy. Back during the cold war, there were two major competing political and economic models squaring off. We won that war, but we did so because fundamentally, the Communists wanted to survive, just as we do. We were simply able to out spend and out-tech them.

That's not the case this time. The soldiers of our new enemy don't care if they survive. In fact, they want to die. That'd be fine, as long as they weren't also committed to taking as many of you with them as they can. But they are. They want to kill you, and the bastards are all over the globe.

You should be grateful they haven't gotten any more of us here in the United States since September 11. But you're not. That's because you've got no idea how hard a small number of intelligence, military, law enforcement, and homeland security people have worked to make sure of that. When this whole mess started, I warned you this would be a long and difficult fight. I'm disappointed how many of you people think a long and difficult fight amounts to a single season of 'Survivor.'

Instead, you've grown impatient. You're incapable of seeing things through the long lens of history, the way our enemies do. You think wars only last a few months, a few years, tops.

Making matters worse, you actively support those who help the enemy. Every time you buy the New York Times, every time you send a donation to a cut-and-run Democrat's political campaign, well, damn it, you might just as well FedEx a grenade launcher to a Jihadist. It amounts to the same thing.

In this day and age, it's easy enough to find the truth. It's all over the Internet. It just isn't on the pages of the New York Times or on NBC News. But even if it were, I doubt you'd be any smarter. Most of you would rather watch American Idol.

I could say more about your expectations the government will always be there to bail you out, even if you're too stupid to leave a city that's below sea level and has a hurricane approaching.

I could say more about your insane belief that government, not your own wallet, is where the money comes from. But I've come to the conclusion that were I to do so, it would sail right over your heads.

So I quit. I'm going back to Crawford. I've got an energy-efficient house down there (Al Gore could only dream) and the capability to be fully self-sufficient. No one ever heard of Crawford before I got elected, and as soon as I'm done here pretty much no one will ever hear of it again. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to die of old age before the last pillars of America fall.

Oh, and by the way, Cheney's quitting too. That means Pelosi is your new President. You asked for it. Watch what she does carefully, because I still have a glimmer of hope there are enough of you remaining who are smart enough to turn this thing around in 2008.

So that's it. God bless what's left of America . Some of you know what I mean. The rest of you, kiss off.

Like I said... I disagree with much of it (one the few things I agree with is that the prospect of Nancy Pelosi as president scares me even more than the prospect of Hillary Clinton as president).

So... thoughts?

P.S.- One more time, just in case someone missed it... I disagree with most of this... though, I have to admit, I do enjoy playing Devil's Advocate, so if I make any posts defending it, I don't actually believe what I'm saying. I'm playing Devil's Advocate because it's always good to have one in a debate... and I like being the Devil's Advocate... it's fun... :D

Oh, and it was brought to my attention on the Days of the New Fan Club Forum...

Despite the fact that I found it annoying to read, and the device it incorporates is sort of silly. I also don't disagree with many of the fact points.

Had a good discussion about the primaries and the election last night.

For the Dems, it seems many are worried because Hillary is the shoe-in candidate for the ticket but many feel she has no chance at winning the actual election while if Obama can overcome her to win the ticket he'd be more likely to win the election. Women are split on Hillary/Obama while the black vote lays solely with Edwards. If history will tell us anything, the woman vote decides elections.

(Still think Joe Biden is the only one with balls)

Had a good discussion about the primaries and the election last night.

For the Dems, it seems many are worried because Hillary is the shoe-in candidate for the ticket but many feel she has no chance at winning the actual election while if Obama can overcome her to win the ticket he'd be more likely to win the election. Women are split on Hillary/Obama while the black vote lays solely with Edwards. If history will tell us anything, the woman vote decides elections.(Still think Joe Biden is the only one with balls)

Pretty sad that women still act as a voting bloc in America... i mean you never hear about the "man vote" do you? :blink:

This kind of speech has only been given once before, which makes it a pretty historical moment. Sorry if you all can't wrap your little heads around that fact.

That its only happened once before in the context of American

presidential election politics makes it "rare", not "historical".

Sorry if you can't wrap your little head around that fact. :P

Furthermore, "rare" plus "politically self-serving" does not equal "historical".

Sorry if you can't wrap your little head around that fact either. :P

This speech will be no more "historical" than a footnote in

the 'historical record' of Romney's failed presidential bid.

B)

btw, Tuled,.. as the ardent war supporter that you are,..

when do you ship out for your next tour of duty in iraq?

:whistling:

Ron Paul 2008

-The only true Republican

and the leading republican candidate.

..according to the poll in this thread. B)

Tuled's candidate, Mitt Romney, has mustered only one measly vote (I think

we all know who cast that vote) and Rotten Rudy has only garnered 4 votes.

Hillary on the other hand leads all candidates with 13 votes,.. and Barak Obama,..the

democratic runner up so far..has as many votes (6) as the leading republican in the poll.

Hillary Clinton is still owning the GOP, eh Tuled? :P

:beer:

I'm hoping Edwards. I don't think Hillary will make it because of sexist old men who still think women are here to serve them. Neither will Obama because of racists. Don't get me started on the conservatives!!!
You're right, racism and sexism are the only reasons those douchebags won't get the elections :rolleyes:

Romney is going to give "The Speech" this Thursday regarding faith in America. This will be the most significant and anticipated speech ever given on this subject since JFK speech prior to his election. I hope he knocks it out of the park.

Romney Set to Give "The Speech"

Lying for the lord is a common practice among mormons, so don't expect the truth from him.

Archived