Page, Edge, White documentary?

Does anyone have any more information about the documentary Jimmy refers to (twice) in the Uncut interview? The interviewer doesn't pick up on it at all, even though it sounds intriguing, and I suspect that Jimmy would have liked to talk about it, from the hints he seems to drop!

Jimmy says it's a documentary featuring himself, The Edge and Jack White. I've Googled and only found a thread on another forum which says that someone there was on set when it was being filmed, but no mention of who it was being filmed by/for (UK TV, US TV, DVD release...?)

Be interested to know more about it anyway. Strikes me that all three of those guitarists would only really agree to do it if it was creative and inspiring for them to do. i.e. Where they'd get to play and have a bit of fun, rather than just repeat the usual stuff to a camera.

Jimmy also says that he plays some of his new stuff in the documentary, so this should be big news really, but I can't find any reference to it on this forum. Apologies if I've missed something!

Interesting, That would be something to see. Keep us posted if anything comes up.

No luck so far, and I've posted the request for info on a couple of forums, and asked a friend of mine who is a huge U2 fan if anything's come up on their messageboards, but he's heard nothing about it.

The quotes from the article (interview was on March 10):

After friendly introductions, Page, who has recently been filming a documentary with Jack White and The Edge ("three generations of guitar players - yep, you've got it") sits himself down on a low, purple velvet settee.

and:

...You did a live album with The Black Crowes, but that wasn't really a new album.

Yes, but I've just done a documentary, and I did some of my new music in that. I've got enough new music to make it sort of... sort of tantalising and... yes, to reapply a commitment to that, shall we say.

Reading it again, I may have been a bit harsh on the interviewer, but still, I'd have liked to read more about this documentary than the embarrassing badgering about a new Zep tour.

I remember Halfin saying something about Jimmy being in a film so checked around his diary and found the bit:

February 13

Woke up at 6am, couldn't sleep. Spoke to Jimmy Page at 7am, who was back from doing press in the East - and starring in a Hollywood blockbuster, his second thespian role after Song Remains The Same, where he had glowing eyes and climbed up a mountain in search of enlightenment. Or something like that...

At the time, I thought it was Halfin making a reference to all the LZ will they/won't they drama, but that could provide a frame of reference. Conference was Jan 28th and Halfin's tidbit is Feb 13th, filmed sometime between those dates?

I believe the film work Halfin was referring to was a bit part in a Tom Cruise film for the summer called "Valkyrie"... thought I read that on here, actually.

This documentary sounds really intriguing!

There was a tribute video for some awards or other which Jimmy received, and it included Jack White - not sure about Edge. But now that I think about it, I think it's the recent award, the one where someone on here was asking if Robert was upset - because his video was so touching.

I believe the film work Halfin was referring to was a bit part in a Tom Cruise film for the summer called "Valkyrie"... thought I read that on here, actually.

This documentary sounds really intriguing!

Just in case: you know Ross was joking, right?

Found the reference to the Valkyrie movie, it was that cheeky Styrbjorn, but as a bonus somebody named "zepjap" had posted a snippet of info. Here's the posts:

Jimmy came to Japan from L.A. We were informed that he had been working with some "documentary" .

As I posted elsewhere Jimmy has a small cameo role in the new Tom Cruise film "Valkyrie."

Tom invited him to take part as he knew Page had just the right clothes in his wardrobe.

VALKYRIE *click*

Search function comes in handy sometimes.

Found the reference to the Valkyrie movie, it was that cheeky Styrbjorn, but as a bonus somebody named "zepjap" had posted a snippet of info. Here's the posts:

Search function comes in handy sometimes.

Ah so, muchas gracias! I will keep that in mind for the next time. :D

Sounds like it would be an interesting documentary. I remember the footage of -edge inducting -the yardbirds into the rock and roll hall of fame, he said some really cool things about page, beck and clapton.

Archived