Meeting the band....

olster

Tell Jimmy if they don't tour with new material you won't paint your house or cut your grass.

Excellent! :D

Yeah, there are a few forum members (including myself) who have been fortunate enough to meet the surviving Zeps. Thoroughly nice blokes, all of 'em.

I was a bit in awe meeting Jimmy, and went into bumbling "Startled rabbit" mode. He was a geezer though (finally got to meet him at the reopening of the London Virgin Megastore a couple of years back).

Tell Jimmy if they don't tour with new material you won't paint your house or cut your grass.

:hysterical:

Never met any of them, yet. I will though, hopefully.

There are a few people around here who met Bonzo.

How many of us have been lucky enough...anyone met JHB??

I'm lucky to have met JP 3 times last year...he's my neighbour.

Wow!! Your lucky. How do you get to meet them at a concert? I would love to meet Robert in New Orleans in two weeks. Have suggestions anyone?

Was this an exhibition at the blues museum in Clarksdale, MS on May 31 1998 or a

separate attraction on a different day? Thanks in advance, Al !

As per My Pm to you Steve this was a visit to the Tupelo Mississippi Elvis Museum basically a Shotgun House with a Chapel built outside and a Museum on the property.We had a lot of time that day so I guess around lunch time We arrived and My woman had the camera wondering around snapping up pictures.I was well behind Her taking more time to much time according to Her looking in the Chapel .

Well comming out the door of the Museum wearing a straw Cowboy hat is Jimmy Page and Right with him is Robert Plant They both had purchased matching Black Elvis T-Shirts .I was tripping Well I never go to a concert without something for the Band to sign so I was prepared .I had a Picture of Robert and one of Jimmy inside a envelope along with a couple of cd covers.We had a quick conversation about how nice the Museum grounds and as I had not yet been inside The Guys told Me thier were some nice memorabilia pieces inside.I then told them how much I liked Walking into Clarksdale .They then signed my stuff and hurried away before I said some stupid Fan stuff which always seems to come out when I meet them it is so wierd .I have met many Band members over the years had lunch with Ed King of Skynyrd chatted with The Van Zandt boys and Charlie Daniels many times but I get stupid when I am around Jimmy and Robert.My Woman came up just in time to see them getting in thier Car .She asked Me who it was and I told Her.She liked them but was not a real Fan but the downside was that She had the camera and did not get any pictures.That happened twice needless to say I had to get rid of Her .You do not meet Led Zeppelin members everyday and She failed to get my picture with Jimmy and Robert that day and again in 2005 in Biloxi.

So I had to get another girl to go to the Nashville 2005 Robert Plant show and got one thier actually taken by a female friend of Robert's.Oh yes when we got to the show We of course told a few people about the meeting no one believed us My Autographs were in my truck.Well when they came out for

the Encores The Guys were wearing matching Black t-shirts and Jimmy had on his straw Cowboy Hat.

As we were leaving a couple came over and apologized for not believing us.By the way the show was great.

Very lucky to have met them all.

Which is why we trust you as this board's definitive voice of information on the band, knebby!

Even though I know you don't claim that title or even like it pointed out, just giving credit where it's due.

Personally, I would think if anyone were to be trusted with their information, knowing the band personally as you do would be a prerequisite.

.....and they would have been able to get into O2 :D

As per My Pm to you Steve

Many thanks, Al! So it was May 30th 1998. They were making a pilgrimage to many of

the sites connected to the Delta Blues during this leg of the tour, with Robert behind the wheel. They visited the blues museum in Clarksdale the next day. Thanks again!

Archived