Plant/Krauss review & photos

andmoreagain

Does anybody know the songs they played?

It said a few of them on that article. I could guess the Zeppelin songs. Probably When the Levee Breaks and Battle of Evermore. Maybe some of the other softer songs like Babe I'm Gonna Leave You or That's the Way or the like of that. They did Black Dog for the CMT show so they may have done that also.

Does anybody know the songs they played?

Lineup:

Robert Plant - Vocals

Alison Krauss - Vocals and Fiddles

T-Bone Burnett - Guitars and Vocals

Stewart Duncan - Guitars and Mandolins

Buddy Miller - Guitars, Mandolins, Pedal Steel, Autoharp

Dennis Crouch - Bass, Banjo

Jay Bellerose - Drums and Percussion

1 - Rich Woman 5:30

2 - Leave My Woman Alone 5:02

3 - Black Dog 6:08

4 - Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us 4:01

5 - Through The Morning, Through The Night 4:07

6 - Fortune Teller 4:46

7 - Black Country Woman 5:12

8 - 29 Palms 6:01

9 - Waiting For A Long Time 3:25

10 - Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler 6:02

11 - Trampled Rose 6:21

12 - Green Pastures 3:39

13 - Down In The River To Pray 4:16

14 - Nothing 6:05

15 - Killing The Blues (4:31)

16 - When The Levee Breaks (6:04)

17 - The Battle of Evermore (6:21)

18 - Please Read The Letter (6:03)

19 - Gone Gone Gone (3:26)

Encore:

20 - Stick With Me Baby (3:15)

21 - One Woman Man (3:05)

22 - Your Long Journey (2:40)

The recording I have isn't brilliant quality but its good to hear what they are doing.

Working my way thought it now B)

Just listening to BCW now.

Robert is in very good voice. Surprise surprise ;)

Strange hearing AK's violin in this.

I gues it will piss some people off that he's doing more Zep songs.

:D:D:D

29 palms sounds good, not quite as slow as the version SS did, probably closer to the original than their version.

Doesn't piss me off! :)

I hope they do Laissez les Bons Temps Rouler at JazzFest next Friday, which is my first show of the tour. :thumbsup:

I have to say Raising Sand is something that really grows on you and then certain songs become fantastic as they get better and better. Songs of notice are 2, 5, 10, 12 and 13. You can look up the titles. But as a true Zep fan for over 35 years I can never again miss the chance to see any of the members perform, so off I go to after this to book the DC tickets for P/K. Still kicking myself for missing 02 but after the look on Allison's face with the peculiar comment at the CMT awards we may still have lots of hope. She didnt even say Thanks for the award just walked off.

Killing the Blues(2) is just an amazing song to me. Maybe the best song Robert has done his entire solo career. I've heard to boot and it did sound shaky. The recording wasn't great but it was halfway decent and you can hear the performance but they sounded like they needed to shake things out. But it was just the first show.

I gues it will piss some people off that he's doing more Zep songs.

:D:D:D

29 palms sounds good, not quite as slow as the version SS did, probably closer to the original than their version.

Only if he then refuses to do Zep songs with, you know, Led Zeppelin... which would be like refusing to perform "A House is not a Motel" with Arthur Lee if he had the chance, in my book.

I have to say Raising Sand is something that really grows on you and then certain songs become fantastic as they get better and better. Songs of notice are 2, 5, 10, 12 and 13. You can look up the titles. But as a true Zep fan for over 35 years I can never again miss the chance to see any of the members perform, so off I go to after this to book the DC tickets for P/K. Still kicking myself for missing 02 but after the look on Allison's face with the peculiar comment at the CMT awards we may still have lots of hope. She didnt even say Thanks for the award just walked off.

What peculiar comment?

Killing the Blues(2) is just an amazing song to me. Maybe the best song Robert has done his entire solo career. I've heard to boot and it did sound shaky. The recording wasn't great but it was halfway decent and you can hear the performance but they sounded like they needed to shake things out. But it was just the first show.

Killing the Blues(2)? Is there a different version than the Rowland Salley/John Prine song?

Actually she did say thank you - she just wasn't miked :)

Archived