June 27, 2008

vinyl_webpromo.jpg

Web Promo: [click here] | News [click here]

---

Led Zeppelin

The Song Remains The Same

(Expanded & Remastered Soundtrack)

(4LP-180 Gram Vinyl Box)

Led Zeppelin’s Landmark Concert Film—Originally Released in ‘76 Captured Highlights From The Band’s 3-Night Stand At Madison Square Garden In 1973 — Is Remastered & Expanded With Six Additional Historic Song Performances On A Deluxe 4-LP Reissue Featuring Liner Notes By Cameron Crowe.

Available: July 22nd

The power of Led Zeppelin live is communicated full-force in the updated, 4-LP reissue of the soundtrack to their concert film THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME. First released in ‘76, the recording captures a celebrated three-night stand at NYC’s Madison Square Garden in July 1973.

The newly updated edition now contains six songs not featured on the original release. The entire project was overseen by the band members and was remixed by Jimmy Page with Kevin Shirley.

Product Overview:

* 4-LP edition of the soundtrack to the landmark concert film originally released in 1976, on 180 gram

audiophile vinyl.

* Deluxe archival 2-piece box with foil-stamping includes 12-page oversized full-color booklet with dozens of previously unpublished stills from the film and 4 individual jackets with new and unique artwork.

* Features performances from the band’s three-night stint at Madison Square Garden in July 1973.

* Remixed by Jimmy Page and Kevin Shirley, and overseen by the band members.

* Updated soundtrack includes six songs that were not on the original release: “Black Dog,” “Over The Hills And Far

Away,” “Misty Mountain Hop,” “Since I’ve Been Loving You,” “The Ocean,” and “Heartbreaker.”

* New liner notes by Cameron Crowe.

* Mastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering.

ONLINE PRE-ORDER: CLICK HERE

tsrts_vinyl.jpg

Led Zeppelin

Mothership (The Very Best Of Led Zeppelin)

(4LP-180 Gram Vinyl Box)

Comprehensive 4LP Collection Featuring 24 Classic Songs Chosen, Sequenced & Remastered Under The Band’s Direct Supervision. This LP Box Features The Same Track List As The Globally Successful “Mothership” CD, Released In November 2007.

Available: August 26th

BACKGROUND:

This is the first time that Mothership has been available on vinyl, and the mastering, pressing and artwork are all of the highest standard possible. Spanning their epic career, the unprecedented collection pulls immortal songs from all eight of the band’s classic studio albums, one of the 20th century’s most enduring bodies of musical work.

Product Overview:

* New 4LP comprehensive collection on 180 gram audiophile vinyl.

* Deluxe archival 2-piece box includes 12-page oversized full-color booklet with photos and 4 individual jackets with unique artwork.

* 24 tracks chosen and sequenced by the band members.

* Remastering overseen by the band members (produced by Jimmy Page).

* Features key Led Zeppelin tracks “Good Times Bad Times,” “Communication Breakdown,” “Dazed And Confused,” “Whole Lotta Love,” “Heartbreaker,” “Immigrant Song,” “Rock And Roll” “Black Dog,” “Stairway To Heaven,” “D’Yer Maker,” “Kashmir,” and “All My Love.”

* Features new liner notes by David Fricke and cover designed by noted Los Angeles artist Shepard Fairey.

* Mastered by John Davis at Alchemy Studios, London, UK.

ONLINE PRE-ORDER: CLICK HERE

ms_vinyl.jpg

--

i'm gettin' this. looks like dazed and confused is broken up, though. if i'm a good boy and go to school and do my homework, maybe the zep gods will release a complete studio 180 gram vinyl box set....

i'm gettin' this. looks like dazed and confused is broken up, though. if i'm a good boy and go to school and do my homework, maybe the zep gods will release a complete studio 180 gram vinyl box set....

it already exists and it costs a lot (made by classic records)

i found the 45's box here: zep classic records posting

i've seen this before but not the studio albums...

that's what I was talking about. These are more than 45's, these are more or less like the acetates, single sided and with all the studio albums on.

As you can see by the picture, the box refers to the albums and not singles. B)

I think is more than interesting but very expensive ... :huh:

As you can see by the picture, the box refers to the albums and not singles. B)

yeah, i can see that. although the 45 rpm sounds interesting, i would prefer a 200 gram complete studio collection that matches the cd box. this was what i was referring to in the beginning.

thanks for the heads up, though

Why is this being re-released? NOT complaining, just asking. I will be a buyer of this.

What is the motive behind this?

Laying the seeds for something else down the road?

The vinyl thing is making a comeback, albeit very small and is associated (wrongly) as being just for audiophiles.

My uninformed opinion is that it is for that market. And gets the Zep name out there for the youngsters, again. And, to quote CREEM mag, to ensure The Bucks Remain The Same, money-wise (just kidding!!). :P

I miss vinyl. The cracks, hiss, pops, and that skip you'd get every once in a while. And checking out the album cover art.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah, i can see that. although the 45 rpm sounds interesting, i would prefer a 200 gram complete studio collection that matches the cd box. this was what i was referring to in the beginning.

thanks for the heads up, though

?

The Classic Records 45 rpm set referred to is the complete studio album collection....in 200 gram.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/LED-ZEPPELIN-44-CLASSI...1QQcmdZViewItem

Except that there is no TSRTS in the 45rpm mode.....

Or is there ? ? ? ? ?

Archived