Peter Grant

Horselunges

I've been an avid fan of Led zeppelin since 1978. I enjoy the learning and sharing of Zeppelin information especially when it involves the fifth member "Peter Grant". In fact, I really enjoy learning of both Jimmy Page and his cohort Peter Grant. Without Peter Grant, Zeppelin would still have been a successful band however they would not have garnered the financial Apex that they achieved without Grant's unwavering direction. For the last couple of years I've really enjoyed learning all I can about Peter Grant's personal and professional life. Grant has inspired me to delve further not only into his business dealings but also with his surviving family members' lives; One of the great mysteries to me yet to be revealed. I encourage and welcome any information on one of the greatest pioneers of the music industry "Peter Grant"

I've been an avid fan of Led zeppelin since 1978. I enjoy the learning and sharing of Zeppelin information especially when it involves the fifth member "Peter Grant". In fact, I really enjoy learning of both Jimmy Page and his cohort Peter Grant. Without Peter Grant, Zeppelin would still have been a successful band however they would not have garnered the financial Apex that they achieved without Grant's unwavering direction. For the last couple of years I've really enjoyed learning all I can about Peter Grant's personal and professional life. Grant has inspired me to delve further not only into his business dealings but also with his surviving family members' lives; One of the great mysteries to me yet to be revealed. I encourage and welcome any information on one of the greatest pioneers of the music industry "Peter Grant"

Well the book title your thread has as its name from is probably the best source of all things Grant !! and its a great read !! I have on VHS a show I taped from CH 4 circa 2000/2001 about peter grant , I think it was series on the great music managers !! I remember that he ended up in Eastbourne at the end of his life !!!

This thread might receive a better response if it were moved to either the LZ Master Forum or the LZ Newbies Forum.

I am not sure if this link to Sam Rapallo’s memorial to Peter Grant is still functioning: http://www.led-zeppelin.com/EMpeter.html

Another interesting article about Peter Grant can be found here:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...24/ai_n14019808

I remember seeing Peter Grant around the band and I will admit to being absolutely terrified of the man. His facial expressions, his girth, his bluster, and his demeanor all combined to strike fear in me. When I finally, as an adult, gained some understanding of the music industry and its complex and competitive culture, I came to appreciate Mr. Grant and all that he did for Led Zeppelin. I realize now that, thanks in part to him, I had some of the best experiences of my life.

Mr. Rock & Roll originally aired September 25th 1999 on BBC 4. It is an excellent

documentary on Peter Grant's personal and professional life. Runs about 45 mins.

This was one in a series of similar programs delving into the lives of managers.

I have a number of Peter Grant and Horselunges Manor items in my archive.

Archived