Stones' Ron Wood Runs Off With 18-Year-Old

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,380961,00.html

Report: Stones Guitarist Ron Wood Has Run Off With 18-Year-Old

Friday, July 11, 2008

AP

Married, 61-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood has run off with an 18-year-old cocktail waitress, Britain's Daily Telegraph reports.

The rocker, a father of four, has allegedly been at his home in Ireland for the past week with Ekaterina Ivanova, whom he is said to have met in a London club.

Wood admitted his problem with alcoholism in 2000, and sources say that caused his unexpected behavior.

"It's all connected with his drinking," a friend of the guitarist said. "He is drinking two bottles of vodka a day. He doesn't remember anything or know where he is. It looks like he's risking his life."

Though Wood's wife Jo told the Telegraph she knew her husband was in Ireland painting and was "quite all right that she [ivanova] was hanging around with him," the 18-year-old has been telling friends that she and the rocker are romantically involved.

"She has told everyone Ronnie has left his wife for her and they are a full-on item," said a friend.

Wood's bandmates have called the guitarist constantly, asking "What the hell are you doing?' but nothing's getting through," said a source. "Ronnie is adamant this girl is just a friend but he's not thinking rationally."

I'm more concerned about two bottles of vodka today consumed by a person in his sixties than I am about a waitress. It is much riskier to consume large amounts of alcohol during your sixties than it is during your twenties, because your protective hormone level is significantly lower once you hit your sixties. If I were the waitress I would water down the vodka with orange juice.

T-R-O-U-B-L-E

Whiskey Ain't Working' Anymore

(Ronny Scaife/Marty Stuart)

There was a time I could drink my cares away

And drown out all of the heartaches that hurt me night and day

When the thought of you came crashin' through I'd have one more

But now the whiskey ain't workin' anymore

I need one good honky tonk angel to turn my life around

That's reason enough for me to lay this old bottle down

A woman warm and willing is what I'm looking for

'Cause the whiskey ain't workin' anymore

They knew my name at every bar in town

And they knew all of the reasons why I was coming round, round, round

'Cause in my mind peace I'd find when they'd start to pour

But now the whiskey ain't workin' anymore

I need one good honky tonk angel to turn my life around

That's reason enough for me to lay this old bottle down

A woman warm and willing is what I'm looking for

'Cause the whiskey ain't workin' anymore

Lord the whiskey ain't workin' anymore

That's for sure!

I read his autobiography a few months ago & the guy knows less about his life than I do. He is almost wrong about every aspect of his life from page to page, lol. I know that sounds obnoxious to say but it's true, his stories are all over the place. Here's an example of when he was in the Jeff Beck group, who was managed by Peter Grant:

"Although Peter didn't treat the rest of us well as he treated Jeff & himself, he did in the early days offer me a chance of being in a band other than the Jeff Beck Group. He told me that a bunch of blokes were putting a band together & intended to call themselves the New Yardbirds. Peter said "They want you as their guitar player".

Well, I'd met up with them at his office, including the rude drummer John Bonham, who reminded me of a farmer, bassist John paul Jones & the harmless enough Robert Plant, & I told Peter, "No, I'm happy where I am thanks".

He insisted, "This is an offer you must consider".

I considered it for two seconds, & then told him again, "no way". The New Yardbirds hired Jimmy Page instead & changed their name to Led Zeppelin."

It must come to shock to Page that the band that he had put together, & his manager, had a meeting without him to hire Ron Wood & when Wood refused they settled on Page instead, lol.

He claims to have been sober while writing the book. At least if he were drunk I'd give him a break. His brain is fried.

I'm more concerned about two bottles of vodka today consumed by a person in his sixties than I am about a waitress. It is much riskier to consume large amounts of alcohol during your sixties than it is during your twenties, because your protective hormone level is significantly lower once you hit your sixties. If I were the waitress I would water down the vodka with orange juice.

When push comes to shove, when you get down to the nitty gritty. Who really cares? People do what makes them happy. Be it a bottle of booze or some 18 year old young thang. At this stage of the game what does Ron Wood care? He used to getting what he wants when he wants it. What makes you think he'll ever change.

When push comes to shove, when you get down to the nitty gritty. Who really cares? People do what makes them happy. Be it a bottle of booze or some 18 year old young thang. At this stage of the game what does Ron Wood care? He used to getting what he wants when he wants it. What makes you think he'll ever change.

It depends on which one proves to be the most lethal. Usually it's the vodka.

A man's body can tolerate excessive alcohol intake much better at age 20 than at age 60, because of higher hormonal levels that protect the body. Once he enters his sixties, the hormonal level drops significantly, leaving his body more exposed to the damaging effects of alcohol.

So a little alcohol goes a long way at age 60, when at age 20 he would not notice. At age 60 you can easily end up in the hospital from excessive intake of alcohol, whereas at age 20 you just sleep it off, wake up with a hangover and have soup to remedy the misery.

He can do whatever he wants, but the consequences at age 60 are different than at age 20. Too much alcohol at age 60 can leave a person fighting for his life in the hospital. Men in their sixties must preserve what still remains of their physiques, which are easily spent. After that it's all soul.

Only a small percentage of men are exceptions. There is a tiny group that for whatever unknown reason seems to better resist the effects of aging and can drink heavily, seemingly without consequence. Maybe the reason is genetic. No one knows.

Interestingly enough, the Sun was the first to report this story on July 10, so it started off as another tabloid tall tale. On July 11, the Telegraph.co.uk picked up the story and made it's own report.

I just read about this yesterday and couldn't believe it. At first I thought it was just a fling, but didn't realize he had actually run off with her. Good lord........

I just read about this yesterday and couldn't believe it. At first I thought it was just a fling, but didn't realize he had actually run off with her. Good lord........

She is apparently a drinking partner, sort of like Keith Richards, only she is a girl. I guess the Daily Mail is a version of the Sun, but the story may be close to the mark.

A representative of Wood, who has battled a drink problem for years, said the girl began seeing him three months ago when he was at a low ebb, frazzled by alcohol. They have been together ever since.

www.dailymail.co.uk

An 18 year old Russian bar maid :rolleyes: If that aint true love...

Well, look, frankly, at his age if he can still pull an 18 year old girl, why the hell not?

I'm always reminded of that line from Absolutely Fabulous when Edina is talking to Saffron and she says "No one blinks an eye when an older man goes out with a young bimbo girl, but what's really sick is when an older man goes out with a non-bimbo girl, that's sick" to which Saffy asks "Mum, what is this world you live in? Bimbo and non-bimbo?" and Edina replies "The real world, sweetie..."

I read his autobiography a few months ago & the guy knows less about his life than I do. He is almost wrong about every aspect of his life from page to page, lol. I know that sounds obnoxious to say but it's true, his stories are all over the place. Here's an example of when he was in the Jeff Beck group, who was managed by Peter Grant:

"Although Peter didn't treat the rest of us well as he treated Jeff & himself, he did in the early days offer me a chance of being in a band other than the Jeff Beck Group. He told me that a bunch of blokes were putting a band together & intended to call themselves the New Yardbirds. Peter said "They want you as their guitar player".

Well, I'd met up with them at his office, including the rude drummer John Bonham, who reminded me of a farmer, bassist John paul Jones & the harmless enough Robert Plant, & I told Peter, "No, I'm happy where I am thanks".

He insisted, "This is an offer you must consider".

I considered it for two seconds, & then told him again, "no way". The New Yardbirds hired Jimmy Page instead & changed their name to Led Zeppelin."

It must come to shock to Page that the band that he had put together, & his manager, had a meeting without him to hire Ron Wood & when Wood refused they settled on Page instead, lol.

He claims to have been sober while writing the book. At least if he were drunk I'd give him a break. His brain is fried.

Thanks for sharing that! I haven't read the book yet but I am surprised that whoever was responsible for editing it wasn't aware of that huge and obvious inaccuracy! I don't know if fact checking is done on autobiographies or if the publisher and editor were requested by Ron Wood (and his managers) to accept what was written in the book as fact.

I'm not sure what Wood meant by "the rude drummer" (or why he said that) because everyone I've talked to who met Bonzo has described him as one of the nicest people.

As an aside, I still love the Stones and their music but once Mick Taylor left the band, things were never the same for me.

That's not the only inaccuracy, the whole book is like that. I've read at least 20 books on the Stones, & even though he is one, it is without question the most flawed. You get drunk just from reading the book because it is like sitting next to an old timer in a bar waxing nostalgic while turning 5 stories into one. It's... all over the place. Im sure he's fun to drink with but I wouldn't let him transcribe my Last Will.

First off, she's legal and that's more than some people can say. :rollseyes:

I hope he can get help for his problem with alcohol and all this gets straightened out for him.

Sounds to me like he needs an intervention.

Sounds to me like he needs an intervention.

Me too. Drinking that much Vodka will quickly kill your liver and pancreas. It is very sad.

Like I tell some....the blessed herb is so much safer.

So what if he has some bimbo with him. Time to call Dr. Drew.

Me too. Drinking that much Vodka will quickly kill your liver and pancreas. It is very sad.

Like I tell some....the blessed herb is so much safer.

So what if he has some bimbo with him. Time to call Dr. Drew.

Well, the whole senario has the Vodka doing his thinking written all over it

Well, I hope the young bird Woody ran off with is a guitar instructor...

:lol:

Well if the booze dont kill Him He will likely survive the 18 year old but if He doesnt what a way to go.

:lol:

I usually get at least one afternoon laugh from this board. Today, I got two - and in the same thread. :lol:

Wood 'to return to rehab'

14/07/2008 - 7:27:30 AM

Rolling Stones star Ronnie Wood is reportedly planning to check himself into rehab for the second time in a month - after his wife Jo went public about her fears over his drinking.

Wood, a self-confessed alcoholic, has been at the centre of controversy after a several tabloid newspapers reported that he had left his wife for an 18-year-old Russian waitress.

However, although Jo Wood has dismissed stories that her husband is having an affair, she confirmed rumours he has begun drinking heavily again - admitting she is seriously worried about the 61-year-old rocker's health.

Wood has been staying in Ireland with teenage Muscovite Ekaterina Ivanova - who is rumoured to be romantically involved with the musician.

Now, following Jo's public outburst, it is reported that he is planning on returning to the family home in England and seeking help to combat his drinking.

A source told British newspaper The Sun: "It gave him a slap round the face and hopefully shocked him back onto the wagon. He called and said he was coming back on Monday and will check into rehab. Let's just hope he does."

Last month, Wood checked himself into rehab before his daughter Leah's wedding amid fears he was losing his battle with the booze.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/s...amp;p=z6x9z9834

Archived