Wolfmother Break Up

Reggie29

Bands don't last anymore these days.

They never lasted in the 60's... Cream were only around for 2 years, Buffalo Springfield...

I saw Wolfmother play live twice, the first time I saw them I really enjoyed them, but maybe they were just too 70's rock you know what I mean? The second time I saw them I thought "ah, I'd rather be listening to Led Zep or Black Sabbath" you know? Like you need heroin but they're giving you aspirin instead...

They had actually been together for 6 years before their album was released, I believe. So. It's not like 'They just didn't last', because they did. As was said above, I believe they had burnt out a little before they really begun.

This is really disappointing for me, they've always been one of my favourite bands. Apparently Stockdale wanted to take the music in a direction similar to Pink Floyd-esque Prog-Rock epics, but Heskett & Ross wanted to keep doing the Hard Rock stuff.

Interesting. I would have liked to see what they could have come up with if they went in this direction. First time I played 'Mother' in the car while I was driving my mom somewhere she said "This isn't something from the 70s is it?"... I guess they reminded her of LZ-esque bands...

• 3 weeks later...

They were the first band I was in to but now that I've heard other stuff I don't think they're that great. I think they started too late and weren't really passion about it and they got lucky with a few semi-original riffs.

I don't think there are many bands now that will last long, none of them will be remembered in 50 years like classic rock bands. No-one has any really original music anymore because even though there are millions of possible tunes, everyone keeps sounding like their influences and then like Wolfmother they get accused of being rip-off bands. And pop music is taken over lots so lots of people that like rock now always end up listening to heavy metal like I used till I heard some older stuff (after watching School of Rock :)

Maybe Airbourne can replace them now, I don't get why they've been overlooked in Australia so much.

Archived