Queen+Paul Rodgers to Release New Single

Horrorshow_Plant

For all the Queen fans out there....

According to Brian May's Soapbox (which he writes himself), Q+PR have recently completed their first single,"Say It's Not True," which Roger Taylor sang on the last tour. Could the album not be far behind? Get more details at www.brianmay.com!

You mean Queen and/or Paul Rodgers and/or Queen + Paul Rodgers fans...

I love Paul Rodgers, but I don't like Queen. And I didn't like the combination of the two when they covered Queen songs, but that's because I can't stand Queen. I'm interested in hearing what they come up with though. Will Roger Taylor be the one singing for their first single, then? Seems a little odd/ridiculous.

You mean Queen and/or Paul Rodgers and/or Queen + Paul Rodgers fans...

I love Paul Rodgers, but I don't like Queen. And I didn't like the combination of the two when they covered Queen songs, but that's because I can't stand Queen. I'm interested in hearing what they come up with though. Will Roger Taylor be the one singing for their first single, then? Seems a little odd/ridiculous.

:lol: My thoughts are the exact opposite of yours:

I love Queen, but I don't like Paul Rodgers. And I didn't like the combination of the two when they covered Free/Paul Rodgers songs, but that's because I can't stand Paul Rodgers. I'm not interested in hearing what they come up with though. Will Roger Taylor be the one singing for their first single, then? Seems like a good fix to me.

;):)

I love Queen, but I don't like Paul Rodgers. And I didn't like the combination of the two when they covered Free/Paul Rodgers songs, but that's because I can't stand Paul Rodgers. I'm not interested in hearing what they come up with though. Will Roger Taylor be the one singing for their first single, then? Seems like a good fix to me.

I think I should certify you insane right now! ;):P

I love Queen and I adore Paul Rodgers... I saw them tour the first time... In the end I have to say I did get a little tired of the almost tribute-show nature of the set.. but if they do something new and fresh, i'll be very interested in what they have to say!

Apparently, this new version of Say It Isn't So has been completely re-worked in the studio, with all of them singing on it etc... We'll have to see tomorrow..

lol get back in the closet

I don't mind queen (very pretentious tho) but Paul Rodgers kicks ass

wasn't interested in the rodgers/queen thing so I can't comment on it cuz I never heard it

I think I should certify you insane right now! ;):P

I love Queen and I adore Paul Rodgers... I saw them tour the first time... In the end I have to say I did get a little tired of the almost tribute-show nature of the set.. but if they do something new and fresh, i'll be very interested in what they have to say!

Apparently, this new version of Say It Isn't So has been completely re-worked in the studio, with all of them singing on it etc... We'll have to see tomorrow..

:lol: Too late. The rest of the board have already beat you to it. :D

I'm sorry guys, I just really don't dig Paul, although I totally respect your right to dig him as much as you want. :)

I saw the Q+PR tour when it hit the States. I loved seeing Brian and Roger. I really loved seeing Brian. But Paul...? Not so much.

And spatdrastik - Get back in the closet? What the heck...? :unsure:

Paul should leave this joke that Queen is becoming. Get a good band a do stuff from his whole career. Bit like Chris Cornell does right now.

I think Paul is at a point where if he wants to be commercially viable he has to attach himself to a big name, whether that's one of his old bands, Free, Bad Company, or The Firm (The Law wouldn't be a big deal commercially), or to a band like Queen. It's a good move for both bands in terms of $, and even though many fans may see this is a bad marriage, it'll at a minimum bring us some good shows.

Paul should leave this joke that Queen is becoming. Get a good band a do stuff from his whole career. Bit like Chris Cornell does right now.

Paul does both... for the last few years in between the Queen stuff, Paul does solo tours in which he plays Free/Bad Co/Firm/Solo material...

His last UK solo tour was really heavy on the Free material, due to the Free Forever & BBC discs coming out... It was fantastic!!

What's in a name... :rolleyes:

Well, a lot of history for one.

I personally don't like it that Brian and Roger are calling themselves Queen when Freddie is dead and John is retired.

I know that Brian and Roger own rights to the name Queen and worked to establish the band back in the day, so they can do whatever they want with the name. I also know that they use the name Queen for about a million different business and promotional reasons. I get all that, really I do. And I'm really happy that Brian and Roger are doing something they love and are happy and making music together, honestly. I just wish there was a way they could have called themselves anything but Queen, or Queen + anyone. I wish they could have moved forward a bit if they are going to continue making music together.

Just my two cents. I know this is not a popular opinion among Queen fans, but... there you have it.

I personally don't like it that Brian and Roger are calling themselves Queen when Freddie is dead and John is retired.

I know that Brian and Roger own rights to the name Queen and worked to establish the band back in the day, so they can do whatever they want with the name. I also know that they use the name Queen for about a million different business and promotional reasons. I get all that, really I do. And I'm really happy that Brian and Roger are doing something they love and are happy and making music together, honestly. I just wish there was a way they could have called themselves anything but Queen, or Queen + anyone. I wish they could have moved forward a bit if they are going to continue making music together.

Just my two cents. I know this is not a popular opinion among Queen fans, but... there you have it.

I know, they could be "Queen of the 21st Century"!

That idea hasn't been taken, has it?

Though, I'm certain if it had, it would be going over very well right now... :rolleyes:

Yes, I realise all the history and legacy associated with 'names' these days... but I gave up being sentimental about that years ago.

Times change, people change, bands change... I'd be interested on what your opinion on all the other bands who've changed personnel, but kept the same band-name is? AC/DC, Deep Purple, Fleetwood Mac, The Rolling Stones, to name but a few... (That's probably for another thread though..)

Although, to be fair, that's kind of a side issue in this context, as I don't feel that Bri and Rog have tried to envelop Paul into the Queen circus really. That was the whole point of the '+ Paul Rodgers' thing. They realise that Paul has his own identity as well as they feel they have with the Queen thing, and to be honest, at this stage of their careers, with nothing to prove really, why start at the bottom rung again, when they can fuse their already established public identities into something they feel is worthwhile...

I respect what you feel, and I don't really agree with that "it's not popular among Queen fans' bit, because i've heard just as much from both sides of the coin in the Queen camp..

Archived