Queen Cosmos rocks

Progman

So here they are. some really good hard hitting songs...and some crappy ones ("we believe" should be avoided at all costs!!!!)

Below some of the tracks. Opinions??

Through the night

A real gem of a minor key classic rock ballad. Great stuff!

Warboys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXBcJXRq13I

Good hard rock song.

Time to Shine

Now, this definately has a U2 feel to it. Good. Excellent vocals!

Surf's up...school's out

cool stuff. Perhaps THE song that bears resemblance to former Queen glory the most.

That'll do for now. It's a good hard rocking album...it does NOT rewrite rock history as Queen II or Night at the opera though. Far from it....

Gee I am usually upbeat, but heard Scott Weiland stuff yesterdsay and was dissapointed and I like STP etc,now today I have just listened to the links you posted and I am really dissapointed now, seen Queen, love Queen but those songs just suck, just not very inspiring, May a really great guitarist but this isn't something I woulld want to listen too much, I think in the last 25 years Rogers voice just grates on me !! Like him in Free etc..its a thumbs down as he aint no Freddie Mercury.....Sorry, maybe if I hear a few more I might change my mind, but on this evedence not for me. Maybe in a week I should give them another go as things can grow on you !!

Just hope Jimmy and co in whatever name they go under can do alot better than this (I am sure they/he will:))

I will say though wt the Zep gig last yr Rogers singing Alright now was one of the non Zep highlights though :)

Gee I am usually upbeat, but heard Scott Weiland stuff yesterdsay and was dissapointed and I like STP etc,now today I have just listened to the links you posted and I am really dissapointed now, seen Queen, love Queen but those songs just suck, just not very inspiring, May a really great guitarist but this isn't something I woulld want to listen too much, I think in the last 25 years Rogers voice just grates on me !! Like him in Free etc..its a thumbs down as he aint no Freddie Mercury.....Sorry, maybe if I hear a few more I might change my mind, but on this evedence not for me. Maybe in a week I should give them another go as things can grow on you !!

Just hope Jimmy and co in whatever name they go under can do alot better than this (I am sure they/he will:))

I will say though wt the Zep gig last yr Rogers singing Alright now was one of the non Zep highlights though :)

Of course Paul Rodgers ain't no Mercury...noone was. I am a prog rock fan first, and also I am more of a Zep fan than Queen fan - they come farther down the list...but Freddie Mercury? you just couldn't beat him. Probably the greatest rock vocalist EVER. I wouldn't call him "influental" - simply because noone ever since got close, neither in vocal range nor entertainment factor. I saw the band at knebworth back in -86 and he held an audience of 300.000 in the palm of his hands. Unbelievable.

I think if you listen to Through the night a few more times it will grow on you though. Perhaps also a track like warboys. Mind you, there is crap on the new album, and I would rate the album around 80s quality - noway near the 70s output which was mindblowingly incredible. Their tour looks promising though. Tight and hard rocking.

Of course Paul Rodgers ain't no Mercury...noone was. I am a prog rock fan first, and also I am more of a Zep fan than Queen fan - they come farther down the list...but Freddie Mercury? you just couldn't beat him. Probably the greatest rock vocalist EVER. I wouldn't call him "influental" - simply because noone ever since got close, neither in vocal range nor entertainment factor. I saw the band at knebworth back in -86 and he held an audience of 300.000 in the palm of his hands. Unbelievable.

I think if you listen to Through the night a few more times it will grow on you though. Perhaps also a track like warboys. Mind you, there is crap on the new album, and I would rate the album around 80s quality - noway near the 70s output which was mindblowingly incredible. Their tour looks promising though. Tight and hard rocking.

I was at Knebworth too, what a gig :)

meatkneb86th.jpg

queen3.jpg

I was at Knebworth too, what a gig :)

meatkneb86th.jpg

queen3.jpg

cool! Judging from your pictures, I was on the opposite side from you! Thing about the concert. Yes, Queen had succumbed to becoming a "play the hits" band, i.e. nothing like the 10-15 minute heavy metal suites of the 70s (white man/prophet song, Liar etc.), still mesmerizing.

Paul Rodgers is a great vocalist, and he does some really nice work on the new album, but it's a bit like champagne, satin and silk...with menacing bite (mercury) vs. denim and beer (Rodgers).

cool! Judging from your pictures, I was on the opposite side from you! Thing about the concert. Yes, Queen had succumbed to becoming a "play the hits" band, i.e. nothing like the 10-15 minute heavy metal suites of the 70s (white man/prophet song, Liar etc.), still mesmerizing.

Paul Rodgers is a great vocalist, and he does some really nice work on the new album, but it's a bit like champagne, satin and silk...with menacing bite (mercury) vs. denim and beer (Rodgers).

Yeh I know what you mean, it was the only time I saw Queen,what a hot day that was Aug 9th 1986. Camped the night before !! Would have loved to have seen early gigs !! But I am really glad I saw this gig as it was the last with Freddie . Liar from the first album is such a good song !! Did you see Queen/Rogers on last tour ?? was it good ??

Yeh I know what you mean, it was the only time I saw Queen,what a hot day that was Aug 9th 1986. Camped the night before !! Would have loved to have seen early gigs !! But I am really glad I saw this gig as it was the last with Freddie . Liar from the first album is such a good song !! Did you see Queen/Rogers on last tour ?? was it good ??

I too was at Knebworth 1986 (a few other times too on earlier tours).

I saw Queen & Paul Rodgers in 2005. It was good, very slick, but nothing more than nostalgia IMO. I'm seeing them a couple of times this year too, for the same reason. It's a great rock show, Paul is still a superb frontman. I do though have a problem with them using the name Queen when it's just the two of them. With Paul Rodgers singing they sound little like the Queen I used to love though, especially on the new material. It's a new band/project - I wish it'd been given a new name - just like I wouldn't like it if JPJ & JP went on the road as 'Led Zeppelin' without RP (not that they would!)

I wish they'd be more adventurous with the setlist too - too many 1980's singles and not enough 1970's album tracks for me!

I too was at Knebworth 1986 (a few other times too on earlier tours).

I saw Queen & Paul Rodgers in 2005. It was good, very slick, but nothing more than nostalgia IMO. I'm seeing them a couple of times this year too, for the same reason. It's a great rock show, Paul is still a superb frontman. I do though have a problem with them using the name Queen when it's just the two of them. With Paul Rodgers singing they sound little like the Queen I used to love though, especially on the new material. It's a new band/project - I wish it'd been given a new name - just like I wouldn't like it if JPJ & JP went on the road as 'Led Zeppelin' without RP (not that they would!)

I wish they'd be more adventurous with the setlist too - too many 1980's singles and not enough 1970's album tracks for me!

Yeh I would respect them more if the Queen name was Not used ! Good to see a few Knebworth goers here :)

love Queen but those songs just suck, just not very inspiring, May a really great guitarist but this isn't something I woulld want to listen too much, I think in the last 25 years Rogers voice just grates on me !!

I was afraid of listening to this album, but somewhere deep down I guess some insane hope was still alive. Alas! So sad, but you're right on the money. Not inspiring - because it's not inspired. It hurts to spell it out, but it's true.

I was afraid of listening to this album, but somewhere deep down I guess some insane hope was still alive. Alas! So sad, but you're right on the money. Not inspiring - because it's not inspired. It hurts to spell it out, but it's true.

Yes it does mate, they are all talented but its drivel :(

Yes it does mate, they are all talented but its drivel :(

Good thing Brian finally completed his PhD in astrophysics. He's also a great stereo photographer... talented indeed. God, this is so sad. :(

I hope LZ, or whatever the new incarnation is, will do better... :unsure:

Archived