trabscription of entire trial of Mr. Langley in Glasgow

Hello guys,

I wanna ask You all folks if there is somewhere an entire and detailed transcription of a trial of Mr. Langley, epsecially the part where Jimmy Page was shown before the court and questioned. I am interested in some parts where he stated about trading. I have found some short exceprts on sites such as BBC News but speaking honestly, they are all sucks!

Thanks

Hello guys,

I wanna ask You all folks if there is somewhere an entire and detailed transcription of a trial of Mr. Langley, epsecially the part where Jimmy Page was shown before the court and questioned. I am interested in some parts where he stated about trading. I have found some short exceprts on sites such as BBC News but speaking honestly, they are all sucks!

Thanks

Interesting question. I should think the court may provide a full transcription for a fee.

Then I would ask, what are the main objectives for the creation of bootlegs?

It couldn't just be monetary. There was too much going on that nobody wants to talk about.

I don't think her main motivation was money. At the time, she and her partner liked nothing better than to tell others in the "Zeppelin fan community", of which they were an active part, what they had seen and heard and what they would deign to share. It was more about the kind of Holy Grails that other Zeppelin fans would have killed for ( back then there was SO little video footage for example - its a different world today) and their ability to be smug and say "seen it, heard it, got the t-shirt". I still remember the mixed feelings as the rehearsal tapes started to feed out into the community, they were like NOTHING we ever excpected to be able to hear, but it disgusted me to know where they were coming from. That's why Robert was told in the end. Someone with a conscience.

I don't think her main motivation was money. At the time, she and her partner liked nothing better than to tell others in the "Zeppelin fan community", of which they were an active part, what they had seen and heard and what they would deign to share. It was more about the kind of Holy Grails that other Zeppelin fans would have killed for ( back then there was SO little video footage for example - its a different world today) and their ability to be smug and say "seen it, heard it, got the t-shirt". I still remember the mixed feelings as the rehearsal tapes started to feed out into the community, they were like NOTHING we ever excpected to be able to hear, but it disgusted me to know where they were coming from. That's why Robert was told in the end. Someone with a conscience.

Was that someone you Knebby?

Someone I know well.

Well good on them, i'm a great lover of all things bootleged, but i can also respect the privacy of my hero's, do you remember Unity MacLean? I have a story for you if you do.

Regards, Danny

Bootlegs are all well and good when they're not stolen from the musician's house. My parents bought me an 'unoffical' Zeppelin CD in Dublin some years back, and I was completely horrified when I later learnt that they were demos stolen from Jimmy's house and used for profit. I suppose if it had been a trade, or was downloaded, I wouldn't have felt so wrong about owning it, but the fact that someone is lining their pockets from it is not right at all.

With regard to the court transcript, you can obtain them - thanks to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) - but it does not guarantee that all courts make a full record of a trial or tribunal. You'll need to get in contact with the court, I'd imagine, or the local council.

According to Wiki:

The 2000 [FOIA] Act does not extend to public bodies in the overseas territories or crown dependencies.

There are two FOIA's - 2000 UK Act, and the 2002 Scottish Act. Both are similar, so whether that means that non-UK residents can't obtain information via the 2002 Act, I don't know.

Archived