Defending Zeppelin to the critics

Deborah J

Hello Everyone!

Over the weekend I was watching the movie " A Few Good Men" with Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson. My post is from the court scene where Cruise is drilling Nicholson about the code red. I hope you enjoy:-)

A FEW GOOD MUSICIANS

ZEPPELIN: " you want answers???"

MUSIC CRITIC: " I want the truth!!"

ZEPPELIN: "You can't handle the truth"....

"but I'll answer the question...."

"People,we live in a world that requires music.... who's going to find it?

You?........you in your magazines?

We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You scoff at our music and you curse at our accomplishments.You have that luxury...

You have the luxury of not knowing what we know, that while current

results of not touring live are tragic, we're still driving new music and sales.

And that our efforts, while resented and misunderstood, by you... drives MUSIC!

You don't want to know the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at staff meetings....you want us on that cover You NEED us on that cover! We use words like ownership of masters, creating master pieces. We use these words as the backbone of the time spent negotiating something....you use them as a punch line.We have neither the time nor inclination to explain ourselves to people who rise and sleep under the very blanket of music and income we provide and then question the manner in which we provide it.

We would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way...

Otherwise we suggest you pick up an instrument and solicit some fans.

Either way...we don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to."

MUSIC CRITIC: " did you or did you not make the BEST MUSIC?????"

ZEPPELIN "You're damn right WE MADE THE BEST!!!"

Brilliant, Deborah! :D

Critics are nothing but a bunch of hacks anyway.

Most of them have never picked up an instument. They just never gave Zeppelin the credit they deserved. Like you said...a buch og hacks!!

Hello Everyone!

Over the weekend I was watching the movie " A Few Good Men" with Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson. My post is from the court scene where Cruise is drilling Nicholson about the code red. I hope you enjoy:-)

A FEW GOOD MUSICIANS

We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You scoff at our music and you curse at our accomplishments.You have that luxury...

results of not touring live are tragic, we're still driving new music and sales.

You don't want to know the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at staff meetings....you want us on that cover You NEED us on that cover! We use words like ownership of masters, creating master pieces. We use these words as the backbone of the time spent negotiating something....you use them as a punch line.We have neither the time nor inclination to explain ourselves to people who rise and sleep under the very blanket of music and income we provide and then question the manner in which we provide it.

How's it going "Deborah J?" I hope all is well with you and your son. WOW! And don't we have a sense of humor today! Ha Ha!

MUSIC CRITIC: Did you or did you not make the best music?

ZEPPELIN: Yes we did, we're guilty!

MUSIC CRITIC: And who's fault is that?

ZEPPELIN: NOBODY'S FAULT BUT MINE!

ROCK ON!

Since it's on topic, I'd like to direct you to the quote in my sig. Yes, beers were involved when I came up with the statement, but I think it holds true! :lol:

LOL--Ev,I know you are creative and can come up with something as well!!! :-)

Since it's on topic, I'd like to direct you to the quote in my sig. Yes, beers were involved when I came up with the statement, but I think it holds true! :lol:

I have a better use for mine....send her here and I will volunteer a couple hours demo ;)

In reality the critics who don't like Led Zeppelin can take a bloody hike and step off the world to spin in to the cosmos AFAIAC.

BURN!

From one of my favorite movies...300 with Gerard Butler

300 Critics

ZEPPELIN FANS: Daily we defend them from every corner of the earth. We know that like all the best when they were born, they were born to be musicians. If any of them had not had the talent, they would have been ignored. From the time they could stand they were baptized in the realm of MUSIC, taught not to retreat, never to surrender for the pain in the battlefield of touring and the stage. It is the greatest glory only the GREATEST MUSICIANS can achieve in their life…like LED ZEPPELIN, the finest MUSICIANS the world has ever known! Critics, be afraid as your words will burn to the ground!

CRITICS: This is blasphemy, this is madness!!

ZEPPELIN FANS: Madness, this is LED ZEPPELIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A new age has begun; an age of freedom and all will know that Zeppelin fans gave their last breath to defend it. We will stand and fight to the end.

CRITICS: A thousand magazines by the biggest publication companies will descend upon you. Our articles will circulate and block out your glowing feelings for this band...

ZEPPELIN FANS: Then we will find new shade!! This is where we fight; this is where your words die! Before this battle is over you all will know that few stood against many!!!

Hello Everyone!

A FEW GOOD MUSICIANS

Steve A. Jones Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:54 AM

I also heard Tom and Jimmy are remaking A Few Good Men as A Few Good Bandmates:

Jimmy Page: We live in a world that has venues, and those venues have to be filled by musicians with anthems. Whose gonna do it? I am, and so are you, Robert. I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Bonzo, and you curse Led Zeppelin. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Bonzo's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that stage, you need me on that stage. We use words like sex, drugs, rock and roll. We use those words as the backbone of a life spent pursuing something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under a blanket with Alison Krauss, and then questions the manner in which I book a tour. I would rather you just said thank you, and got in the limo. Otherwise, I suggest you bring it up an octave, and choose your tune. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

From Young Frankenstein. Page addresses a critic:

Hello handsome. You're a good looking fellow, do you know that? People laugh at you, people hate you, but why do they hate you? Because... they're lucid. Look at that blank stare. Look at that snide smirk. Do you wanna talk about musical strength? Do you want to talk about sheer power? Do you want to talk about the Olympian ideal? We are the Gods! And listen to me, we are not evil. we... are... good. This is a nice band. This is a good band. These are no fallen angels. And I want the world to know once and for all, and without any shame, that they love us. I'm going to teach you. I'm going to show you how to write, how to speak, how to sell, how to think. Together, you and we are going to make the greatest single contribution to music since the creation of vinyl!

My name is PAGE!!

young_frankenstein.jpg

Archived