Charlie Watts quits the Rolling Stones...

Wolfman

Here's one of several reports.....

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9154

Thanks Charlie. You'll be missed.

How's it going "Wolfman?" At the age of 68, Charlie deserves to ride off into the happy sunset. THE STONES will never be the same without him. You will be deeply missed Charlie. Thanks for the thread "Wolfman" and ROCK ON!

How's it going "Wolfman?" At the age of 68, Charlie deserves to ride off into the happy sunset. THE STONES will never be the same without him. You will be deeply missed Charlie. Thanks for the thread "Wolfman" and ROCK ON!

From another thread:

My link

Keith Richards Collaborating with Jack White

In the mean time, Richards is busy putting together a deluxe edition of Exile on Main Street (score!), co-writing an autobiography and denying rumors that drummer Charlie Watts has quit the Stones.

By Judy Berman

I think if anyone would know.......

I might have misread the quotes. Whenever they quote inner circle and close firends, I find it too compelling to dispell.

"Charlie Watts Quits the Stones" gets much more press than official statements from the band denying the rumors. Kind of like how bad news travels fast, the same mindset that created "if it bleeds it leads". That's just one aspect of the sad, fucked up world we live in today. At least from a media standpoint. A very wise man named John Prine once wrote a song that starts off: "blow up your TV, throw away your paper..."

"It must be true, I read it on the internet"

laugh.gif

Charlie Watts Quits the Stones gets much more press than official statements from the band denying the rumors. Kind of like how bad news travels fast, the same mindset that created if it bleeds it leads. That's just one aspect of the sad, fucked up world we live in today. At least from a media standpoint. A very wise man named John Prine once wrote a song that starts off blow up your TV, throw away your paper...

...and kill all the lawyerswink.gif

"Charlie Watts Quits the Stones" gets much more press than official statements from the band denying the rumors. Kind of like how bad news travels fast, the same mindset that created "if it bleeds it leads". That's just one aspect of the sad, fucked up world we live in today. At least from a media standpoint. A very wise man named John Prine once wrote a song that starts off: "blow up your TV, throw away your paper..."

How's it going "Jahfin?" I hope all is well with you. Speaking of blowing up TV's, now I know why the late great ELVIS PRESLEY shot and blew up his TV's with his pistol! Ha Ha! ROCK ON!

Archived