Jimmy's Book: VERY Limited Edition!

mstork

I just spotted this on the Genesis website about Page's book. If I'm reading it correctly, they're only printing 2,500 copies!

My link

If true, I'm bummed. If you're going to the trouble on such a big project why not make it available to all of your fans? I don't mind paying top dollar for a book I really want but this could be ridiculous...

I wonder if they will ask people to pay in advance. It would be nice to have, but I will probably need to move again, and the last time I moved I had to leave so many things behind. It would be a shame to not be able to keep something like that, but I have already had to give up so much that I wanted to hold onto that now I'm not buying too much of anything anymore. I'm just keeping a few things.

so dissapointed. :(

hopefully there will be a second round of books released for the general public after these initial 2,500 are sold.

i can't believe jimmy wouldn't want his fans to have access to it. it's probably a good marketting scheme. if not, he will miss out on LOTS of sales.

this book will also help him relaunch his music career, get him in the news again.

hope i"m right, i was really looking forward to seeing this book.

hopefully there will be a second round of books released for the general public after these initial 2,500 are sold.

i can't believe jimmy wouldn't want his fans to have access to it. it's probably a good marketting scheme. if not, he will miss out on LOTS of sales.

this book will also help him relaunch his music career, get him in the news again.

That would be fair, Hope your right

Hi S2Z,

I'll have a look down at Camden market, see if i can't get a bootleged copy, why? whats wrong with that y'all? :lol:

Kind Reagrds, Danny

I'm sure there will be a second printing as these first run books are being marketed as collector's edition & will go in a flash. The Stones had a similar book out about 10 years ago dealing with their "Exile On Main Street" era. It sold in a deluxe format that was autographed & one that wasn't. My brother bought the one that wasn't autographed for 300 pounds. His copy & ones of that run are now worth about 3,000 american, I can only imagine what the autographed ones are worth.I would say the Page book would definately be worth the investment, but then who would ever want to sell it once you've had it in your hands.

And I anticipate there is no way I would pay that unless Jimmy hand delivers it.

hahaha. I'm definitely not getting it if it's a grand, I can do $500 but anything more than that, idk. I was anticipating $300, $400 at most, jeez.

They did the same thing with "Through the Mirror" - limited edition printing. I think there were 1000 tops printed? I don't remember what the original price was as I got mine used.

ROBERT PLANT OF LED ZEPPELIN: THROUGH THE MIRROR by Michael Randolph (c-1993) was limited to 1,000 Boxed Sets, each signed by author. I think I paid $60 for mine; I've seem them offered nowadays for around $120.

LED ZEPPELIN: LIVE DREAMS by Lawrence Ratner (c-1993) was limited to 2,000 copies with a deluxe slipcase. My original purchase price when it was published was $75.00. It's packed with exceptional Led Zeppelin concert photos he took in the seventies, mostly in Chicago, and remains affordable to this day.

Jimmy's new photo-autobiography is being marketed as his own personally-sanctioned high-end publication, and the sticker price will reflect that. I do hope the content will live up to the hype.

Archived