Impractical: Rock Band/Guitar Hero

Yupter

This thread is aiming to end all threads pertaining to Led Zeppelin and their implementation into Rock Band/Guitar Hero (it’s ok to feel a little relieved of that possibility). This post is not only saying a big fat “no” from me, but explains how impractical a game would be.

Try to have fun if you decide to read it, I certainly had fun writing it. :)

Main points of argument:

- Necessity for live versions of songs (multiple concerts as well)

(Further approval from Jimmy)

- Song list would be astronomical; Dazed and Confused alone went through many incarnations since ’68 to ’75

(Crud load of downloadable content. Free? Hahaha you wish!)

- Too many peripherals

- Predictable high cost... way too costly for the average consumer.

(Assuming all of the criteria to even consider making the game is met)

Live performances have to be included, HAVE to be. We then have to assume that Jimmy is going to give up those masters as well (haha yeah right)

To Begin,

There’s no way a casual game can portray Led Zeppelin in a suitable manner and at the same time keep the game casual for the average player.

The live performances itself would be a pain in the butt.

For Example:

(Assuming four people intend to play as the band at the same time)

Guitarist: Everyone wants to play Jimmy Page right? Well you better have all the necessary equipment as it was played. Yes, that includes his Double-Neck (both necks that actually work), Danelectro, and theremin (what… you’re just going to stand there for two and a half minutes with egg on your face?). He didn’t just play his #1 for 12 years you know :P

Bassist: No keyboard peripheral, no Stairway, Kashmir, The Rain Song, or Since I’ve Been Loving You. Wouldn’t that be just terrible seeing a three man band playing those numbers while the fourth player just sits there. Mandolin; That’s the Way, Going to California, we can’t seriously have the JPJ character sit this one out every single time.

“I want to play his part!”

“Oops you can’t! Too bad for you!”

“I hate playing JPJ I can’t even play in the best songs!”

Drums: It seems to be technically closer to drums than the others to their respective field. Drummers can chime in on this one. Moby Dick would definitely be a doozy. 20 minute solo anyone? 100% Super Extreme Expert? :slapface:

Vocals: (A karaoke machine). Although you don’t have to sing exactly like Robert (just the pitch has to be right), people will try. I predict people destroying their vocal chords after a few Immigrant Song sessions... as if the casual player warms up before singing :P, heck if I know.

* Extra Game Mode:

Live Concert Mode: Play an Entire Led Zeppelin Concert (yeah, I like the sound of that)

I consider anything less than what I wrote unacceptable. Could I seriously be asking too much? I think not!

The Rock Band/Guitar Hero thread that ends all threads. :o

This thread is aiming to end all threads pertaining to Led Zeppelin and their implementation into Rock Band/Guitar Hero (it's ok to feel a little relieved of that possibility). This post is not only saying a big fat "no" from me, but explains how impractical a game would be.

Try to have fun if you decide to read it, I certainly had fun writing it. smile.gif

Main points of argument:

- Necessity for live versions of songs (multiple concerts as well)

(Further approval from Jimmy)

- Song list would be astronomical; Dazed and Confused alone went through many incarnations since '68 to '75

(Crud load of downloadable content. Free? Hahaha you wish!)

- Too many peripherals

- Predictable high cost... way too costly for the average consumer.

(Assuming all of the criteria to even consider making the game is met)

Live performances have to be included, HAVE to be. We then have to assume that Jimmy is going to give up those masters as well (haha yeah right)

To Begin,

There's no way a casual game can portray Led Zeppelin in a suitable manner and at the same time keep the game casual for the average player.

The live performances itself would be a pain in the butt.

For Example:

(Assuming four people intend to play as the band at the same time)

Guitarist: Everyone wants to play Jimmy Page right? Well you better have all the necessary equipment as it was played. Yes, that includes his Double-Neck (both necks that actually work), Danelectro, and theremin (what… you're just going to stand there for two and a half minutes with egg on your face?). He didn't just play his #1 for 12 years you know tongue.gif

Bassist: No keyboard peripheral, no Stairway, Kashmir, The Rain Song, or Since I've Been Loving You. Wouldn't that be just terrible seeing a three man band playing those numbers while the fourth player just sits there. Mandolin; That's the Way, Going to California, we can't seriously have the JPJ character sit this one out every single time.

"I want to play his part!"

"Oops you can't! Too bad for you!"

"I hate playing JPJ I can't even play in the best songs!"

Drums: It seems to be technically closer to drums than the others to their respective field. Drummers can chime in on this one. Moby Dick would definitely be a doozy. 20 minute solo anyone? 100% Super Extreme Expert? slapface.gif

Vocals: (A karaoke machine). Although you don't have to sing exactly like Robert (just the pitch has to be right), people will try. I predict people destroying their vocal chords after a few Immigrant Song sessions... as if the casual player warms up before singing tongue.gif, heck if I know.

* Extra Game Mode:

Live Concert Mode: Play an Entire Led Zeppelin Concert (yeah, I like the sound of that)

I consider anything less than what I wrote unacceptable. Could I seriously be asking too much? I think not!

The Rock Band/Guitar Hero thread that ends all threads. ohmy.gif

hahahah seriously i can imagine some kid on live concert mode "itss tooo hardd!!!" it wouldnt be fair look mom "Rock Band: Led Zeppelin" comes with a theremin, a double neck cheap plastic guitar, a mandolin, 3 keyboards, and a bow, oh wait theres even a mini size dragon AND a wizard suit inside!! personally i would be happy if Zeppelin never ever decides to do that. it keeps the Mystery alive IMHO. besides ide its not fair to see some kid play some Moby Dick live on four pieces of annoying rubber or plastic.

Archived