Robert Plant 2010 Tour

Billy, Billy

Oh Billy MacQ, you're such a sad sack

Billy, Billy

Oh Billy MacQ, have you been smokin' crack?

(With apologies to Martha Reeves and the Vandellas)

Checkmate then? Cool, thanks for playing. Next!

Love,

Billy

Hi 'I Am The Fly'

I see you whacked BillyMacQ on his grammar, that made me laugh cos he got me on my spelling! And now I've gotten that goddamn song of yours stuck in my head :D

Don't pay Billy no mind, he just needs a big hug, and he's ok with me now we made up.

Toni

It's almost hysterical the fighting about opinions on Robert and his old and new music.

Then I read a review from the Clearwater show 7/30 link below and what to do they call him" Ex-Led Zeppelin vocalist" so somethings you have to accept things as others opinions, form your own and when you express them stand tall cause not everyone will or should go with the flow. This thread is very apparent of that...lol!!

From the news-press.com:

http://www.news-press.com/article/20100731/ENT/100731014/1002/RSS01

Here is a second one with a couple photos included.

From TBEXTRA.com:

http://tboextra.com/content/2010/jul/30/302316/for-plant-its-all-about-looking-ahead/tboextra/

It's funny how an article meant to showcase Robert Plant's endeavors outside of Led Zeppelin snubs those same endeavors with one glaring oversight...perhaps the author meant the first time Plant played Phoenix but the editors didn't catch this.

Robert Plant Performances in Phoenix (1981-2009)

6/19/85 Veterans Memorial Coliseum

8/7/90 Veterans Memorial Coliseum

5/10/95 America West Arena

9/24/98 America West Arena

7/12/05 Dodge Theatre

7/1/08 Dodge Theatre

It's almost hysterical the fighting about opinions on Robert and his old and new music.

Then I read a review from the Clearwater show 7/30 link below and what to do they call him" Ex-Led Zeppelin vocalist" so somethings you have to accept things as others opinions, form your own and when you express them stand tall cause not everyone will or should go with the flow. This thread is very apparent of that...lol!!

From the news-press.com:

http://www.news-pres...1014/1002/RSS01

Here is a second one with a couple photos included.

From TBEXTRA.com:

http://tboextra.com/...ahead/tboextra/

Couldn't have said it better myself. This debate is as old as the hills. You either like it or you don't...maybe a little room for thinking it's ok. At the time, If any of us had just accepted other peoples opinions

of Led Zeppelin, there's a good chance none of us would have taken the time to listen and form our own opinions. As long as you come to a conclusion on your own, it makes absolutely no difference whether or not anyone likes RP's current direction. For those that don't, I think it is highly unlikely that they have given up on the man. They were just hoping for more of a hard/ rock based sound . For those that do....just enjoy it .I think all of us had best remember that nothing lasts forever.

Couldn't have said it better myself. This debate is as old as the hills. You either like it or you don't...maybe a little room for thinking it's ok. At the time, If any of us had just accepted other peoples opinions

of Led Zeppelin, there's a good chance none of us would have taken the time to listen and form our own opinions. As long as you come to a conclusion on your own, it makes absolutely no difference whether or not anyone likes RP's current direction. For those that don't, I think it is highly unlikely that they have given up on the man. They were just hoping for more of a hard/ rock based sound . For those that do....just enjoy it .I think all of us had best remember that nothing lasts forever.

Excellent post ally.

Thanks for the response sometimes I think we all should have a beer and popcorn and watch as some of the comments are posted,lol!

I just found this review the title and first couple paragraphs are a hoot!!

From the St. Petersburg Times/tampabay.com:

http://www.tampabay.com/features/music/article1112411.ece

Well said!

Just thought I'd be the first to point out that in 'In the Mood' Robert and Patty sing a verse of Fairport Convention's '(Come All Ye) Rolling Minstrels'. Not that I recognize the song, but I was able to type enough of it into the Googles to get a hit. :rolleyes:

Any way to have the video posted directly? I can't get it to play on my computer (MAC). Thanks :)

Nine, have you tried RP's site? You can access it directly from there. Hope that helps :)

Who, me? :ph34r:

:yesnod:

...Or I'm totally projecting :lol: I LOVE all these behind-the-scenes bits, and when they happen to be RP's bits, well... *sigh* (surpassed only by the bits of one other, but these will do just fine).

Oracle, you've hit the nail on the head again! I'm sure your thumb will join me in thanking you for that.

I find it upsetting and offensive to be labelled a hater merely for going against the flow in a measured and non-confrontational manner, and I think it's somewhat rich for Knebby to refer to me as a 'hater' just for going off-message here. I mean, just take a look at her avatar and signature, FFS! But I won't take it personally, because I've seen how she speaks to other posters.

I've been a Zep fan for a very long time, longer than her I'd guess, and enjoyed all Plant's post-Zep work until Raising Sand. Well, maybe not Shaken 'n Stirred - couldn't get my head round that one at all, sorry. So I'm hardly a hater. However, I'm not a blind sycophant either, and I'm calling him on Raising Sand and what I've heard of the new stuff. And why shouldn't I, and why should that constitute hatred? It's not as if I've drawn a cock and balls in Lady Di's Book of Remembrance, is it?

Oh, get over it. You're so obviously a previously-banned poster with an axe to grind that it ain't even funny, and the people wasting their time engaging in chat with you will only come to regret it. Ta ta. :rolleyes:

Archived