Photos from Jimmy's Book

Magic Fills the Air

Hi PlanetPage :wave:

Couldn't help but notice the Yardbirds itenerary for 1967 Vancouver. July 7 listed as 2 shows. One at The Gardens Aud and the other at the Kerrisdale Arena. Same for July 8. Also, July 31 Kerrisdale Arena and Aug 1 The Gardens. It's the July 7 & 8 gigs that have me curious. The venues are on complete opposite sides of town. Not impossible to get it done but certainly very difficult to do given the logistics.

We can take this up on the Mystery Thread but thought I'd mention it. Also, can't make out the November portion too well. Remember there was some debate about a Vancouver show . Sam procuced a ticket stub for the gig.

Off to work...talk later

Hi PlanetPage :wave:

Couldn't help but notice the Yardbirds itenerary for 1967 Vancouver. July 7 listed as 2 shows. One at The Gardens Aud and the other at the Kerrisdale Arena. Same for July 8. Also, July 31 Kerrisdale Arena and Aug 1 The Gardens. It's the July 7 & 8 gigs that have me curious. The venues are on complete opposite sides of town. Not impossible to get it done but certainly very difficult to do given the logistics.

We can take this up on the Mystery Thread but thought I'd mention it. Also, can't make out the November portion too well. Remember there was some debate about a Vancouver show . Sam procuced a ticket stub for the gig.

Off to work...talk later

...hello,, sorry the November dates list NO Canadian Dates...that goes with what we discussed before, snow storm cancellation.....

later

...typing the Nov. dates from the book for clarification

Nov. 3: Village Theatre, New York (two shows)

Nov. 4-8 Village Theatre, New York (UNCONFIRMED)

End of sixth American tour...

...all post some more later..

Thanks to Magic Fills the Air and everybody for sharing the pictures. :thumbsup: It's obviously an exquisite, beautiful book, which I think is just what Jimmy wanted it to be. Good, good! :)

...Otto Masson, it is a exquisite book. My very first impression of the opening captions is that Page is very humble, no sign of arrogance, this deeply touched me, throughout the book he has respect for ALL Beings, religions, cultures, all of them...

does anyone have info on this shot since there's no caption , when ,where, guitar etc?

Jimmybook103.jpg

That is from 1981-1982 when Jimmy was recording the Death Wish 2 soundtrack at his studio ( SOL Studios) and that is a Roland guitar synthesizer.

Jimmybook103.jpg

That is from 1981-1982 when Jimmy was recording the Death Wish 2 soundtrack at his studio ( SOL Studios) and that is a Roland guitar synthesizer.

That picture is actually from a photo shoot from an April 1982 Guitar Player magazine.

The guitar is a Roland G-808 Guitar Synth hooked up to a Roland GR-300 pedal.

Jimmy was quite the Roland endorsee in the early 1980s,

That picture is actually from a photo shoot from an April 1982 Guitar Player magazine.

The soundtrack for the film 'Death Wish II' was produced in just eight weeks, circa Sep/Oct 1981, at The Sol. It's possible this photo was taken prior to leaving for Los Angeles in December 1981 to deliver the mastertapes to the film studio. Alternatively, it may have been taken after he returned to promote the film's Feb 1982 release.

I don't show he appeared in the April 1982 issue of Guitar Player magazine - please reconfirm if possible.

I have often wondered how long it will take before someone scans the whole book and torrents the images ;-)

In any case, it's nice to see the pics. I wasn't able to purchase the book because my daughter's very expensive education is more important in the long run. But I appreciate seeing the photos very much, so thanks to all who posted.

Archived