Why didn't they invite John Paul Jones for the Page - Plant "Reunion"

obviously there was a diliberate move of not using or even asking JPJ to perform with them.

I wonder why? what was their mindset..i know at the RRHF Jonesy made a deliberate remark about them not ringing him up and what did they lose his ph # somethg to that effect..he had every right to be pissed off. he was a great contribution to this great unit and he seemed very low maintenence..i never heard

any stories of him causing any trouble..what was the story here no jones??

I know there is storys of Robert and JPJ not getting on although are you implying though that it was all down to Robert? Jimmy must have had some sort of say, his mind wouldn't have just overlapped the thought of having their original Bass player.

Sorry, I thought it was obvious that I meant I was relieved to see that the blame wasn't being laid at Robert's door for a change. I have always pointed out that the project was a joint one, and Jimmy wasn't a shrinking violet. The people who claim Robert would have gotten nowhere without Jimmy tend to be the same people who think he(JP) suddenly became powerless in the P&P project. Odd.

Anyway, the simple truth is that they wanted to work together again - and didn't want it to be Zeppelin, so had no reason to involve Jonesy - tough as that must have been on him at the time.

Sorry, I thought it was obvious that I meant I was relieved to see that the blame wasn't being laid at Robert's door for a change. I have always pointed out that the project was a joint one, and Jimmy wasn't a shrinking violet. The people who claim Robert would have gotten nowhere without Jimmy tend to be the same people who think he(JP) suddenly became powerless in the P&P project. Odd.

Anyway, the simple truth is that they wanted to work together again - and didn't want it to be Zeppelin, so had no reason to involve Jonesy - tough as that must have been on him at the time.

I don't buy that, not for a second Jimmy is more then keen to bring back Zep and it's been said loads of times Robert has always been distant to JPJ more then anyone else it makes more then enough sense for Plant to get Jones out.

Another bit of proof is at the RRHOF when Jones says "remember my phone number" Plant has a very sly look on his face:

Look at 6:31 onwards.

I don't buy that, not for a second Jimmy is more then keen to bring back Zep and it's been said loads of times Robert has always been distant to JPJ more then anyone else it makes more then enough sense for Plant to get Jones out.

Another bit of proof is at the RRHOF when Jones says "remember my phone number" Plant has a very sly look on his face:

Look at 6:31 onwards.

Proof??? No proof whatsoever.

Page and Plant was a joint project.

That's also how you started this thread - howcome you are now turning it into that tired old "It was all down to Robert" crap?

Proof??? No proof whatsoever.

Page and Plant was a joint project.

That's also how you started this thread - howcome you are now turning it into that tired old "It was all down to Robert" crap?

That is proof it's an embarrased guilty face he pulls.

Theres no way Jimmy is heartless enough to leave out John Paul Jones of a reunion with Plant and Page, if Plant and Jones did something together Jimmy would be more then pissed and vice versa, Theres something underlying there its blatant.

There's some schizophrenia going on in this thread.

Jimmy must have had some sort of say, his mind wouldn't have just overlapped the thought of having their original Bass player.

Theres no way Jimmy is heartless enough to leave out John Paul Jones of a reunion with Plant and Page, if Plant and Jones did something together Jimmy would be more then pissed and vice versa, Theres something underlying there its blatant.

But there's no "proof" whatsoever.

There's some schizophrenia going on in this thread.

But there's no "proof" whatsoever.

How am I even saying two diffrent things there I've said:

Jimmy wouldn't have been driven to LEAVE OUT JPJ out of a reunion with Page and Plant, so something HAD occured and it's more then likely Plant said something.

So - you're saying that Jimmy had a say in it, but he was "over-ruled" by "heartless" Plant who wanted to leave out Jones?

And you really think that's what happened?

PAGE and PLANT

If you are so sure about what happened - why did you start this thread?

So - you're saying that Jimmy had a say in it, but he was "over-ruled" by "heartless" Plant who wanted to leave out Jones?

And you really think that's what happened?

PAGE and PLANT

If you are so sure about what happened - why did you start this thread?

Thats exactly what I'm saying, Plant is Heartless per say, but it's truth he and Jones don't have the best track record together.

Page and Plant ? (Leaves out the last Surviving member..)

I'm not sure.. I have a foundation why I just want to get to the bottom of it

Thats exactly what I'm saying, Plant is Heartless per say, but it's truth he and Jones don't have the best track record together.

Page and Plant ? (Leaves out the last Surviving member..)

I'm not sure.. I have a foundation why I just want to get to the bottom of it

It leaves out no "last surviving member" - it was "Page and Plant", not "Led Zeppelin". It was a different project.

He and Jones actually get along better than he and Page these days. They all have their ups and downs in their friendships and always have, but I don't think you could really produce a negative"track record".

Robert wanted to work with Jimmy again, Jimmy wanted to work with Robert again. Jonesy wasn't in the picture at the time because neither of them wanted that. Simple but true - in-depth analysis won't change that.

Holy Christ.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that the Page and Plant project turned into a giant "fuck you, Jonesy" all because they didn't invite him along? Just because they wanted to do something as a duo, doesn't mean they hate John Paul Jones and wanted to screw him over by not making it a "Hey, we know it's the three surviving members of Led Zeppelin, but it's not really Led Zeppelin" project.

Let it go, man.

Holy Christ.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that the Page and Plant project turned into a giant "fuck you, Jonesy" all because they didn't invite him along? Just because they wanted to do something as a duo, doesn't mean they hate John Paul Jones and wanted to screw him over by not making it a "Hey, we know it's the three surviving members of Led Zeppelin, but it's not really Led Zeppelin" project.

Let it go, man.

I know it's not like that they were in a band together for 12 years, it just seemed fishy in a way that Robert and Jonesy IN THE PAST never got was on the best of terms, then 20 odd years later we see a reunion with Page and Plant only. But I see it in another perspective now.

That sure sounds like the point you're making. The Page and Plant project was meant to be a project with just the two of them. The absence of John Paul Jones from that project was not a slight, or meant to signify that either of the two them hated him, or had any sort of problems with him.

Archived