JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Yesterday's post of The Firm is still there for me. That's weird. But now it includes an audio clip rehearsal of "Closer", which wasn't there yesterday. A lot of the lyrics and some of the song's structure are different. No sax yet on this version. Probably, an early version of the song. Great solo by Jimmy on this one. Better than the album version.

Don't know why the 11/30 post isn't there for me. This is a first for me encountering this problem. May empty my pc's cache if I don't see it shortly.

Yesterday's post of The Firm is still there for me. That's weird. But now it includes an audio clip rehearsal of "Closer", which wasn't there yesterday. A lot of the lyrics and some of the song's structure are different. No sax yet on this version. Probably, an early version of the song. Great solo by Jimmy on this one. Better than the album version.

Don't know why the 11/30 post isn't there for me. This is a first for me encountering this problem. May empty my pc's cache if I don't see it shortly.

I went to Jimmy's site a little past 7 & The Firm post was still there also. I usually visit the site to check out "On This Day" around the same time every day & 9 out of 10 times the previous day's post is still there. But I have discovered that if I log in & then click on Home, the new page comes up. And if I log out right away, the old page comes back.

And I've also noticed that since I visit the site so early, that sometimes I miss out on any posted Audio- like you said, the Firm post now has an audio clip of Closer which wasn't there when I went yesterday.

I went to Jimmy's site a little past 7 & The Firm post was still there also. I usually visit the site to check out "On This Day" around the same time every day & 9 out of 10 times the previous day's post is still there. But I have discovered that if I log in & then click on Home, the new page comes up. And if I log out right away, the old page comes back.

And I've also noticed that since I visit the site so early, that sometimes I miss out on any posted Audio- like you said, the Firm post now has an audio clip of Closer which wasn't there when I went yesterday.

I missed the audio too of "Closer", so I didn't hear it. It's now Channel V like I posted. I didn't post the Macarena video, which he added. The Zep "muppet" "Rock and Roll" is fun. He doesn't give any information about it.

11/30/11

113011.jpg

I appeared on Channel V with Robert Plant

Robert Plant and I had been invited to accept an award from Channel V - India’s premier music channel - and we had won an award for longevity.

The highlight of the show were to be Los Del Rios, whose 'Macarena' song was a global hit at the time. Unfortunately at the last minute the duo pulled out of the trip as one of them had developed a sore throat; which was quite ironic considering they were going to mime. As it was, the chief dancer and choreographer of their video was to perform the song on her own. I believe this was the first time Channel V was doing this on an international level and now they had a bit of problem. They approached us to do something and of course we didn’t have any instruments and hadn’t rehearsed. It was suggested that we could mime Rock’n’Roll with Roger Taylor from Queen on drums (who was there to accept an award on behalf of Freddie Mercury) and a bass player from Goa.

We agreed to it and did a quick rehearsal, I felt sorry for Channel V that they’d been let down by the Macarena boys. During the rehearsals the Goan bass player was well behaved but when it came to the show he suddenly developed a dose of Saint Vitus Dance and transformed into Billy Whiz crossed with the Flash. He couldn’t stop moving throughout the song and made it even more of a pantomime than it already was. But hey we did it and it was real good to be part of this special award show which is still being aired today.

....here is another article on Channel V from Billboard.Com archives....Original article Times of India in Bombay Visit Thread...

http://books.google....nel%20V&f=false

....Bass player is Original Artist from Goa Island, Remo Fernandes

...edited for typing...

The post from 11/30 is now up for me. Pretty good, but I think I like the rehearsal of "Closer" better. Kind of campy "Rock and Roll" video. Pretty funny. Don't think. I've seen that before. Kind of weird that that the intro and outro to this is from Montreal from February, 1975 as this was the first uncommercially available Led Zeppelin show that I ever owned.

The post from 11/30 is now up for me. Pretty good, but I think I like the rehearsal of "Closer" better. Kind of campy "Rock and Roll" video. Pretty funny. Don't think. I've seen that before. Kind of weird that that the intro and outro to this is from Montreal from February, 1975 as this was the first uncommercially available Led Zeppelin show that I ever owned.

.....I love Closer as well;... great that you recall the Montreal'75 intro/outro, I remember listening to it when Conneyfogle (with tks) posted some boots, I don't think I ever came across a full Montreal show, at least some time ago......I shall look into this...I want this very much, as Montreal Feb'75 holds very special place in my heart, my earliest days of discovering beautiful imagery of Jimmy Page and his extra ordinary vision Led Zeppelin.........

....Rock and Roll was played in Mumbai, Channel V...

edited for typing.......

Does anyone have the audio clip of "Closer"?

I missed that too. I thought that there should've been a clip due to the wording of the caption but just figured it was another snaffu.

Anyway, here is a link to a blog / site that archives Jimmy's On This Day feature -- http://jimmypage-onthisday.tumblr.com/ .

I try to ignore the comment at the top of the page where the creator seems to be saying something not so nice to Jimmy for only leaving his On This Day feature up for 24 hours, go figure! I think this person must have a script that updates the site because a quick once over tells me he hasn't missed a day yet. The site is pretty good since it makes everything, pics, vids, audio, available, chronologically.

Unfortunately, at this time it looks like the sound clip we're wanting is not there (yet?). I've sent the site admin a note explaining what happened and why/how it sometimes happens, hoping that his script somehow periodically saves the contents in case something like this occurs. If it doesn't now, hopefully he will rework his script so it will in the future so no one has to miss anything.

For now, if anyone was able to grab that audio would you please be so kind as to make it available in some fashion for those of us that missed out? Thanks!

11/26/11

112611.jpg

This from Andre Cruz in Brazil:

The event at Casa do Saber (sabor is taste, saber is something like knowledge) was December 1st. November 26th was probably the day he arrived. The show he attended at the British School was the 28th. I met him at a fundraiser bbq at Casa Jimmy on 29th.

I certainly agree too with Jimmy's description of the VU too MSG. Good one! Always liked them. A very creative, original and groundbreaking band.

The Velvets certainly were a groundbreaking and influential band...and I love Jimmy's description of them, SuperDave.

11/22/11

112211.jpg

112211text.jpg

1122112.jpg

Thank you for saving all of these 3D posts from OTD for us, aen. :)

...tks AEN for the rest of photos; I only have limited knowledge of paint...shall advance soon...

....as for the audio, that must be Jimmy's private collection, I can only find Nero and the Gladiators...(it's awesome, Jimmy's posted entry and this as well)

Nero & The Gladiators - In The Hall Of The Mountain King - 1961 45rpm

and I love the idea of Jimmy coming to a show for Girls in an ambulance... :heartbreaker: ...how cool is that;

I love this early music from Jimmy's private collection too, PlanetPage, incredibly creative and innovative years, musically and otherwise. Yes, of course, I love the idea of Jimmy arriving to a show in an ambulance. ;)

The Velvets certainly were a groundbreaking and influential band...and I love Jimmy's description of them, SuperDave.

Thank you for saving all of these 3D posts from OTD for us, aen. :)

I love this early music from Jimmy's private collection too, PlanetPage, incredibly creative and innovative years, musically and otherwise. Yes, of course, I love the idea of Jimmy arriving to a show in an ambulance. ;)

You're welcome, MSG! :D

There isn't a OTD, but I would post the DWII ad which is there right now.

dwad12111.jpg

First he lists the date as December 2, 1966, but then he says it was 1965. (I would point out that Donovan has stated that the song was recorded in January 1966, but Donovan's brain cells are more fried than Jimmy's webmaster.)

Well, December 2, 1966 is clearly wrong as on that date The Yardbirds performed at Baldwin-Wallace College - Union Ballroom in Berea, OH.

My notes also show the session was January 1966 (unconfirmed) at Abbey Road Studios. This was followed by another Donovan session for

'Museum' at the same studio in May 1966 (unconfirmed).

Archived