JPJ studio footage from 1966

thozil

Stumbled across this footage of a 1966 session with JPJ. Jonesy appears (briefly) at 32s and 35s.

Screenshot:

jpj_1966_studio.JPG

Excerpts from 1966 documentary about Simon Napier-Bell edited to Endlessly Friendlessly Blue by Rory Fellowes which was released on the SNB label in 1968. It was produced by Ray Singer and recorded at Olympic Studios, Barnes, engineer Vic Coppersmith-Heaven Party scene at the end is with Nicky Scott and Diane Ferraz. Seen at the recording session is Big Jim Sullivan on guitar and John Paul Jones on bass. The car is a '65 Thunderbird. The disco was on a boat moored at Westminster.

Wow this is awesome Ive seen some footage of Jimmy coming out of a session in 63 I think..

Here it is skip to 2:00

Much more of the Jimmy Page footage can been seen on the It Might Get Loud DVD. It is in front of Olympic Sound Studios before moving to Barnes and becoming Olympic Studios.

Unfortunately the camera is mostly on Percy and Jimmy in almost all pro film except 8mm (sometimes), of course the filmers are going to focus on them!:P

Well, it should have been more balanced... Then there wouldn't have to be John Bonham shots from Moby Dick during In My Time Of Dying on the Earls Court footage......

I wonder what session Jones is playing on? I doubt it's the same song from the video ("Endlessly Friendlessly Blue"), since that song is from 1968 but the documentary is supposedly from 1966.

I wonder if it's from a Marc Bolan session? Jones and Sullivan definitely did a session with Bolan and Napier-Bell in 1966...

Well, it should have been more balanced... Then there wouldn't have to be John Bonham shots from Moby Dick during In My Time Of Dying on the Earls Court footage......

Indeed, that same camera faceing Bonham throughout most of the show can also be seen facing page in OTHAFA... for the 25th...

Archived