Misc. Pictures

joey1985

ok I had seen that pic of Jimmy(in the top left corner) and a couple of others but had thought it was from Baton Rouge 5- 19-77 -but the other 3 of Bonzo, Plant and JPJ are from Cincinatti 4-19-77. Never could figure out which pics were of Page from the show as in the first couple of songs they all wore sun glasses.

And there are some other nice shots I haven't seen from MSG, NY 6-14-77 and some nice ones from Kezar Stadium 1973 all of which I will be doing photo threads of in the future. Thanks for posting these pics. :)

tumblr_ljl3roKxuT1qazncjo1_500.jpg

This is the pic that made me think the following ones were from Baton Rouge 5-19-77 (Jimmy's hair looks the same- the way it is combed a tad bit different than normal)

br77-c.jpg

So now I will say the pics below are from Cincinatti 4-19-77 as well: all taken by the great Neal Preston

The Song Remains the Same

PN005194.jpg?size=67&uid=6c8f0f04-5d48-4248-9a8e-0a5d18e72774

PN005195.jpg?size=67&uid=a4a83e8e-3587-4cc0-8975-fb72d726bb44

PN005196.jpg?size=67&uid=5252f8a4-744a-434a-8340-a85aa20dcaf9

PN005193.jpg?size=67&uid=db45a931-18e1-49d4-aa67-e7efbbcbfc3b

I had also seen this pic before and it is listed as 7-20-77 which with the guy wearing the Arizona shirt might be true which would make this the first pic to surface from

Tempe, Arizona 7-20-77 but it must be a backstage pic before the show as Jimmy wore the black dragon pants, a black t-shirt and a white scarf at the actual show.

jp19770720_01.jpg

With all due respect - these may be new to you and some others but they aren't to many - really they should just be in the standard photo thread as they aren't unique or rare, and honestly if a new thread is started for everyone who finds some pics that are new to THEM, this site will be seriously cluttered very quickly.

I had also seen this pic before and it is listed as 7-20-77 which with the guy wearing the Arizona shirt might be true which would make this the first pic to surface from

Tempe, Arizona 7-20-77 but it must be a backstage pic before the show as Jimmy wore the black dragon pants, a black t-shirt and a white scarf at the actual show.

jp19770720_01.jpg

The guy to Jimmy's right in the t-shirt is Phil Carlo - this pic and another couple from this moment have been posted on here many times - I'm inclined to believe this is from just-prior-to or Firm days, this is the style that Jimmy wore in the Radioactive video and his hair an facial appearance seems post-1977, Carlo was also Tour Manager for The Firm for a while. I didn't think the drug-damage to his teeth was so obvious until post-Zeppelin either, but then in 77 it was becoming apparent, so I could be off-kilter here. But I'm pretty sure it's post-Zeppelin, certainly post -77.

It would take me a while but I may be able to look for the other pics or SAJ may have them to hand.

Yeah this is one of them -

jimmy192.jpg

Here's another

pk456.jpg

Jimmy looks just like he does here below, which is around 83/84 (I don't mean clothes-wise, I know it isn't the same day - just hair, face, teeth to try to date it.)

pk553.jpg

I would have guessed at the pics of Jimmy and Carlo being from Robert Plant's December 1983 Hammersmith Odeon shows, which Jimmy attended with Phil Carlo, but the photographer for at least one of the pics is a famous US paparazzi guy so I would imagine that that makes them more likely to have been taken in the US.

I looked at the photographer's site (Ron Gallela) and he has some great (non-Zep)pics - there is also a "Contact Us" button so if anyone is really desperate to date the pics they could try reaching him.

http://www.rongalella.com/index.html

• 1 month later...

Archived