Covers of Zeppelin Songs.

Pagesbow

• 2 weeks later...

This is an amazing cover of Kashmir, done by the late great Kevin Gilbert. Definitely worth looking into his work if you've never heard it.

Yeah, that's definitely an amazing cover, thanks for posting...apparently, from what I've just read, it was meant to be on the Encomium tribute to Zep album, but was pulled. Shame, would have been the best track on there....although I do like this version of Dancing Days form that album...

Hey guys, what do you think of this cover we 'jammed' up?

I think the guitarist did a brilliant job of mashing up all of my favourite Page parts from all versions into one.

would appreciate your opinion :)

When a band or solo artist does a cover I like it best when they put thier stamp on the song and make it thier own. If they are just going to cover the song with the same arrangment as the original artist then usually the original artist's version stands alone as the best version. After racking my brain I think a good example of making a cover song thier own so to speak would be Toad The Wet Sprocket's cover of I Wanna Rock And Roll All Nite from the Kiss tribute album Kiss My A**. In my opinion Toad did a great job. Northstar.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't really like any of the cover songs. The best I believe is Rock And Roll by Van Hagar. They really did a good job but they were just eclipsed by how amazing Led Zeppelin performs the song.

The worst offenses:

Mary J. Blige - Stairway To Heaven

Dolly Parton - Stairway To Heaven

Kiss- Whole Lotta Love

But let me not forget to give mention to the catastrophical abomination Immigrant Song by Trent Reznor (wasn't that the name of a Super Mario World boss?) and Karen O. Miss O even stated after she'd recorded the cover that she didn't know who Led Zeppelin was and she thought she was singing a song named "Pilgrim Song." And Reznor said that the song was "more aggressive" then Led Zeppelin's original version because they were ignoramuses.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love this, most likely not everyone’s cup of tea, but worth a listen........nice choice of zep tunes and I dig the lowered pitch on Roberts voice. Makes me feel like I was back in the day, enjoying whip its at a dead show, but I digress :rolleyes:

Sheryl Crow - D'yer Maker

First time I've ever heard anyone call "D'Yer Maker" ''Die a Maker'' Back when HOTH first came out the talk in my peer group was whether or not the title was either a play on "Did you Make Her" or "Jamacia".

Archived