john paul jones, Ignored ?

tazulike88

I think Plant's manners are perfectly allright!

And I'm not in touch with him to change anything anyway, I'm only in touch wth his voice, it makes me scream! :PB)

Yes, I believe I've heard your work, here and there. No need to be so modest, then. He's a singer, your a singer - perhaps you've just missed meeting at the recording studio, shared common session players or even roadies?

No! I only play in Slovenia!

But I was at his concert when he played here! It was great! I didn't get to meet him though! I hope I will someday! And I thinks it's good to be modest, especially when comparing to Plant!

No! I only play in Slovenia!

But I was at his concert when he played here! It was great! I didn't get to meet him though! I hope I will someday! And I thinks it's good to be modest, especially when comparing to Plant!

You know, you are an exceptional young man - they give Eagle Scout badges to guys like you around these parts. Can't see why Robert wouldn't enjoy a heart to heart chat? I'll go so far as to say, knowing him like I do, the pleasure would be all his!

• 3 weeks later...

It's not disgraceful at all.

Hello.....I think it's pretty clear here, that none of us know every detail about what did or didn't take place with regards to the JPJ joining P/P.

However, judging from the man's reaction/comment (JPJ himself) it's pretty damn clear that it was disrespectful to him...all ya gotta do is read his quote.

"I'm glad my friends finally remembered my phone number"...that should put an end to all the "mystery" behind what we may assume.

Hello.....I think it's pretty clear here, that none of us know every detail about what did or didn't take place with regards to the JPJ joining P/P.

However, judging from the man's reaction/comment (JPJ himself) it's pretty damn clear that it was disrespectful to him...all ya gotta do is read his quote.

"I'm glad my friends finally remembered my phone number"...that should put an end to all the "mystery" behind what we may assume.

I said it wasn't disgraceful at all, which it wasn't. No amount of quotes are going to change my mind on that. Cheers. :)

I said it wasn't disgraceful at all, which it wasn't. No amount of quotes are going to change my mind on that. Cheers. :)

Yes, I agree. I don't wanna change your mind, or anyone elses. But, in the eyes/thoughts of JPJ himself, he felt it was discourteous...same difference really. That's what I'm getting at.

:beer:

I'm always happy to share a beer with you my friend, but we're not in agreement here - the meaning of those two words is very different. I know that I have a bias here as I was quite close to all of the proceedings at the time, but I think them all getting along pretty well at the moment is a good place to leave this for now ;) x

As much as some of you wanted it to happen, it wouldn't have been anything near what it turned out to be.If John Paul Jones had joined Page and Plant, it would have been another Zeppelin reunion (probably with Phil Collins or Jason Bonham on drums).

Unledded started out with Robert Plant, a mostly-acoustic project with Arabic leanings. He brought in Jimmy Page to help translate Zeppelin songs to this new flavor.

Look at John Paul Jones in 1994. He was already using 8-string Manson basses, employing the heavy, bass guitar as a lead instrument philosophy with Diamanda Galas. He continued this with his solo album Zooma (which the studio cuts featured drummer Pete Thomas, who played with him and Diamanda Galas & with Jones and the Mutual Admiration Society).

The resulting sound would have been way too heavy for what Plant (and even MTV) wanted.

I'm always happy to share a beer with you my friend, but we're not in agreement here - the meaning of those two words is very different. I know that I have a bias here as I was quite close to all of the proceedings at the time, but I think them all getting along pretty well at the moment is a good place to leave this for now ;) x

I hear ya, there's no need for us to keep on...they might eat popcorn soon...... :popcorn2:

While I won't get into a definition discussion, it's fair to say he felt it was unfair to him to find out the way he did. "It was a bit Discourteous" is the term, which means a lack of respect, esteem, or courteous regard. And I think that pretty much sums up his feelings regardless if it was the exact word you or I used....discourteous isn't the same as disgraceful - but it is a similiar to being disrespected. I realize you claim to have "ties" with one or maybe two members-and that's a special thing indeed...I envy you for that -

I have never "claimed" that on this forum anywhere. I just speak of my life as it is - that's the only thing any of us can do. If we're being real.

So you don't know Robert Plant? Coulda swore I read that somewhere down the pipeline...or a member told me so......

I was being genuine in my comment, (as I usually am) if you couldn't tell......

what did he mean by " we didn't socialize" ????? weren't they close back in the zeppelin days or what ???? and jonesy's an ass for using the word discourteous, why didn't he use a word that is easier to understand :D .... but as long as they're all fine and getting along nicely, then it's OK

So you don't know Robert Plant? Coulda swore I read that somewhere down the pipeline...or a member told me so......

I was being genuine in my comment, (as I usually am) if you couldn't tell......

History has shown me the only way to answer this is by PM :)

I read today that jonesy was not told that page and plant will reunion in 1995 and make the no quarter unledded DVD , Is that true ???

and i read that he was unhappy that they named the DVD no quarter, which was, pretty much His work .

so is that true ??? or is it just another misleading wikipedia page ??? and if it is true, why ???

i always felt that jonesy was always out of the view, but i thought he just liked that . Does anybody know why he was ignored by P&P ??

Did they hate him ??? weren't they friends ??? .... it's just so insulting and disgraceful :angry: ...

Hi Tazulike88.

I did see an interview with Page & Plant and as they sat down to talk, an interviewer said, "Where's John Paul; Jones", to which Robert Plant replied, "Parking the car". JPJ was always in the background, on most of the foreign tours he would miss his family, whist the others ran riot, he would stay away, he'd even have his family there at times.

• 2 years later...

UGH. This was the moment the light when on and I thought at the time - Plant's a D-bag and I wanted to traded off my vinyl copy of the ill advised Unledded project. Jimmy deserved better than his arrogrant overrated ass.

Glad he's become more introspective as he ages. He was and remains intolerable here as if he's desperate to over-compensate because Jimmy's in the room. Bonzo would've boxed Plant's ears.

It was disrespectful and poor of the both of them to "forget" Mr. Baldwin even to just inform. Glad John got his lick in at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame not too long after this. Bob and Jimmy had it coming.

The best thing about this time period is it was absolute proof the rhythm section of Zeppelin was the foundation of its greatness. Once past the excitement of that Page and Plant were working together in '94, Unledded and Walking into Clarksdale just don't have much magic at all. Even the show in '95 I went to was rather flaccid. I haven't spun Walking into Clarksdale in 10 years and Unledded, I've been sharp to hammer some of the poorer moments and reworkings like an acoustic No Quarter or Kashmir being sliced and diced then having Black Dog's riff being thrown in at the end.

The 02 gig they wisely treated the tunes with intregrity without all the extra fluffery.

• 2 years later...
On 8/15/2012 at 0:46 PM, Rock Historian said:

I hear ya, there's no need for us to keep on...they might eat popcorn soon...... :popcorn2:

While I won't get into a definition discussion, it's fair to say he felt it was unfair to him to find out the way he did. "It was a bit Discourteous" is the term, which means a lack of respect, esteem, or courteous regard. And I think that pretty much sums up his feelings regardless if it was the exact word you or I used....discourteous isn't the same as disgraceful - but it is a similiar to being disrespected. I realize you claim to have "ties" with one or maybe two members-and that's a special thing indeed...I envy you for that -

I'm not impressed with the snubbing he got especially when Plant and Page still played Zeppelin songs in an Unledded tour.  I find that hypocritical.

On 7/22/2017 at 9:03 PM, Box of Jimmy's said:

Does this mean RP & JPJ won't relocate to the USA, get married and adopt several children while naming JP as the Godfather?

Yes - it means exactly that.. 

Archived