Vienna, Austria- Wiener Stadthalle- June 26, 1980

DavidZoso

This is a very good show even though some idiot throws a firecracker and hits Jimmy Page in the face during White Summer. Jimmy leaves the stage while an announcement is made that the concert will not continue until the idiot is brought to the stage. Eventually the show carries on and they hop right into an amazing almost perfect version of Kashmir.

Stairway to Heaven has a really nice solo. Overall a very enjoyable show- although Achilles Last Stand is not performed here as it was not at the last show in Berlin either. Whole Lotta Love is a nice version as well. This show and the Munich 7-5-80 show are the only shows from the European 1980 tour that are not available so far in a SBD version- only audience versions.

Setlist:

Train Kept a Rollin'

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Black Dog

In The Evening

The Rain Song

Hot Dog

All My Love

Trampled Underfoot

Since I've Been Loving You

White Summer ~ Black Mountainside

Kashmir

Stairway to Heaven

Encores:

Rock and Roll

Whole Lotta Love.

cafesperl80.jpg

Train Kept a Rollin or Nobody's Fault but Mine

372.jpg

Good evening or Buenes Nordes Buenes Noches Buenes Naches ....How are You?

368.jpg

Good Evening! GOOD EVENING! Ah muy bien muy bien. Ok. Right. We got a number, a nice little number about, uh, about 36-23-36, and it's called, well what's it called in German? 'Svactund,' Black Dog.

370.jpg

The Rain Song

1980-06-26_JP_Shadthalle_Vienna-05.jpg

Trampled Underfoot

369.jpg

End of Stairway to Heaven

371.jpg

I think this is during the encores. Jimmy usually takes his jacket off after Nobody's Fault but Mine and for sure after Black Dog. But what makes this pic different is you can see the wet spots from sweat on his right arm of the jacket.

You can also see John Paul Jone's 4 string Alembic in the background which he would have used on Black Dog or the encores. Everything else unless it is piano or keyboards is played on the Alembic 8 string bass. Also why I think it is the encores he is not wearing the scarf like earlier in the show. Don't know why he would put the jacket back on but there you have it.

367.jpg

I think this is from the same show: Over-Europe-101.jpg

No those are from Cologne- got them from Dave Lewis's site- he was at several of the shows. Jimmy wore that same outfit at Cologne, Brussels, Hannover, Vienna, Zurich, 1st Mannheim, Munich and Berlin. But in Zurich he didn't wear a scarf. Robert wore the same thing at all the 1980 shows.

• 2 weeks later...

Train Kept a Rollin' or Nobody's Fault but Mine- I am leaning towards Train because the other pic I have listed as Train or Fault -Jimmy's jacket is unbuttoned- so that is probably Nobody's Fault and this is Train Kept a Rollin'

lz19800626_12.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Train Kept a Rollin' or Nobody's Fault but Mine- I am leaning towards Train because the other pic I have listed as Train or Fault -Jimmy's jacket is unbuttoned- so that is probably Nobody's Fault and this is Train Kept a Rollin'

lz19800626_12.jpg

Awesome pictures! But oh my god, in the 80's they wore such horrible clothes it even makes it funny. I can't not laugh at Robert's pics.

Archived