Jimmy Page donates a guitar and plays

Black-Dog

Makes me think of how interesting an acoustic Kashmir would have sounded had they worked up an arrangement for the "Unledded" special.

I notice it's a Yamaha acoustic. I assume Jimmy still has, and would never part with, his original Martin acoustics that he used in the 70s?

1. SUBTITLES ?? How is it necessary to subtitle his perfectly clear English with text in, er, ENGLISH ?

I have one word for Jimmy: sunblock. I know you are English but too much sun exposure is not a good thing sweetheart.:P

The sunblock issue: this one's a biggie.

There's little in life to beat being English and having a suntan : oh it's such a rare and fleeting thing ! FACT.

I am currently nurturing the remains of my suntan ( obviously not acquired in the UK ... not this summer anyway) . As it fades I'll be pathetically impressed by anyone I meet who is still tanned, and in particular by anyone not otherwise dark-skinned who can tan as deeply as JP does.

Scorn it if you like, disapprove of it as you should ... but I grew up when it was a cool look.

Unfortunately I was part of the generation which grew up thinking we knew what we'd inherit: a world of sex and suntans was just around the corner....I can't remember whether melanomas or AIDS came first : either way they both came too soon.

Jimmy's generation were there before the health police came along. Since those days, in the name of health, he's had to let go of so much that was seen by himself and by others as "normal" . That's a total blessing in all the important ways : but he must still have to exercise a lot of self-control.

Let's just allow him the suntan ?

Thanks for sharing, Kashmir on acoustic gets more shades than usual!

This issue about tanning shows how usually people tend to desire what they don't have :P I'm in one of the most known sunny countries and, after many years getting taned because of being in the swimming pools and sea everyday (and here many people get tanned very quickly, and it's well seen), I've started to appreciate my paleness and now I avoid sun exposure. It also helps what truth and beauty says about the generations warned about dangers of sun, as it's mine. I fear I won't ever want to be as red as Jimmy! At least I hope he's moisturising his skin he he

The problem is a common one, he is sitting around doing nothing because he has the money, the fire in the belly is gone. Nothing wrong with how he plays it, but really he is just bumming around. I'm convinced he needs to hook up with The Tea Party, it would be something that might ignite the passion again

• 4 weeks later...

From my perspective, I would love as much as anyone for Jimmy to release something new and become active again. But he doesn't owe me anything, and I don't expect anything of him. He has made his mark on the world and history. If he wants to retire, then the man has earned that right. And if and when he decides he wants to do something, I'll be the first in line to listen. Until then, I will be listening t0 Zeppelin and treasuring every moment he has ever given me.

What is all this talk of Page doing nothing? He has released three albums and a DVD this year (after Celebration Day comes out). He has not gone dormant he is just not on stage. I want desperately for him to make new music and get back on stage but just because he is not doing that does not mean he is doing nothing.

Archived