Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day Pre-order

sam_webmaster

No pre-order for me. I'll pick mine up at the record store so I can be assured of getting a pristine copy.

I was actually going to do the same thing. And since most pre-orders mail the day of release I could have to wait a week or more to get mine. I'll just drive to the nearest music dealer and pick mine up that morning.

I was actually going to do the same thing. And since most pre-orders mail the day of release I could have to wait a week or more to get mine. I'll just drive to the nearest music dealer and pick mine up that morning.

True that! I will not be able to wait for the mail.....especially since it's the Monday of Thanksgiving week and I'll be off for the entire week!!!

:banana:

It's not avalible in the US yet. It might be by 11/19. Unsually new releases are on Tuesday here and this is a Monday. I just ordered my 2 CD + 2DVD today from Amazon.uk. It is also All Region.

Are there any major differences between bluray and dvd? Its only a $6 difference. I do have a bluray player, but if it isnt a huge difference, Ill just buy the regular so I can bring it with me other places to watch it....anyone?

Chad, I've never felt the need to get Blu-ray. Since I watch mostly old, classic movies or concerts on my dvd, I get along fine with just regular DVD. Some things aren't meant for blu-ray, anyway, and old movies are one of them...it can be distracting.

I'm happy getting the regular Deluxe package.

Thanks for the info. I just hope the Blu-Ray doesn't include bonus material that won't be available on the 2 CD/DVD deluxe package as I've yet to invest in a Blu-Ray player.

Invest in the Blu Ray player. The picture and sound on the Blu Ray will be or should be far superior than the DVD. Then when it's released you can get the Blu Ray Audio. You won't be sorry. A little disappointed the bonus features are not included with the Blu Ray. There is plenty of room on Blu Ray to include everything. Since it's not, I would assume the picture quality of the Blu Ray will be demo material.

Jeff

A NOTE TO ALL...PLEASE READ!!! The Blu Ray will be superior in every way. I'm not sure if the concert is 1080i or 1080P. Whatever, it will blow away the 480i DVD BY FAR!! As well as the uncompressed DTS HD Master sound from the Blu Ray. You all have wanted this concert for years!!! Don't skimp now and "just get the DVD". $6. difference? No brainer!!

Jeff

A NOTE TO ALL...PLEASE READ!!! The Blu Ray will be superior in every way. I'm not sure if the concert is 1080i or 1080P. Whatever, it will blow away the 480i DVD BY FAR!! As well as the uncompressed DTS HD Master sound from the Blu Ray. You all have wanted this concert for years!!! Don't skimp now and "just get the DVD". $6. difference? No brainer!!

Jeff

1080i.

I invested in a blu-ray player especially for this release!

And, I'm a bit confused. Why is the 2 CD + 1 Blu-Ray £21.99 and the Deluxe Edition 2 CD + 1 Blu-Ray + 1 DVD only £20.99?

I invested in a blu-ray player especially for this release!

And, I'm a bit confused. Why is the 2 CD + 1 Blu-Ray £21.99 and the Deluxe Edition 2 CD + 1 Blu-Ray + 1 DVD only £20.99?

As usual with Amazon, it seems a lot of the info is muddled at this point - I'd wait a few days before committing to anything.

As usual with Amazon, it seems a lot of the info is muddled at this point - I'd wait a few days before committing to anything.

I think it's ledzeppelin.com that's got it wrong. When I click on the 2 CD + 1 Blu-Ray + 1 DVD option it takes me here: http://www.amazon.co...48219070&sr=1-1

It should take me here: http://www.amazon.co...48328308&sr=1-7

I thought £20.99 was a bit of a bargain! Anyway, ordered it now.

Many new releases arrive the Saturday before they hit the shops providing you pay for premium delivery. So I will be expecting mine to arrive on Sat 17th Nov.

The prices have dropped significantly in the past 18 hrs. Last night the Blu Ray, 2CD, and DVD with the extras was $54. This morning it's now $38. I'm still disappointed that the extra DVD material wasn't just included on the Blu Ray. It just doesn't make any sense, unless the bit rate for the picture and sound are very high. Plus I thought I read somewhere that it will be in a CD style case which if true would be disappointing.

Jeff

The prices have dropped significantly in the past 18 hrs. Last night the Blu Ray, 2CD, and DVD with the extras was $54. This morning it's now $38.

Man, you're not kidding. I pre-ordered the 2-DVD/2-CD version, and it dropped from $49 to $33 overnight!

If you've pre-ordered it from Amazon you should be eligible for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee. Essentially you pay the lowest price the item is offered for before the shipping date. Takes around 24 hours for the price change to show up on the order details page. More details here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200363340

And the standard Bluray/DVD/2CD comes as a digipak, essentially a fold-out CD case.

Archived