Jimmy winding us up again?

henrybonzo

we all would man, its like, yeah he is here, but his music isn't, what we would give to see this guy do what he does best, and that's not wearing expensive scarves and shades, although he does that pretty well too! ;) lets just hope if he does go live, he doesn't choose the rolling stones course of ticket prices!

Knebby

please ask him to include some acoustic stuff when he does- it's always a good idea to launch a tour in Dallas.

Saw him here at Reunion Arena Ronnie Lane's A.R.M.S. in the early '80s and at Starplex Amphitheater in the late '80s- He played OTHFA so wonderfully that night.

Knebby- when the tour comes up if you think about it please let him know we are coming to see HIM and what he does. Last time he held back some- please let him know I would like to see him show off a little.

You are appreciated for all your contributions, always look forward to what you have to say.

He told me he is touring next year "for sure". I would love to believe him .

At the risk of a redundant thread, you all might be interested in this. I posted it (along with the full content) on Saturday in the Celebration Day Global Media but he talks of making music and playing live in this one as well. Beyond that, it's a pretty interesting interview.

http://staticmultime...as-i-went-along

That is a cracking interview, one of the most in-depth Jimmy interviews ive seen in years, im very surprised he answered the last question. Thanks very much for posting that one.

That is a cracking interview, one of the most in-depth Jimmy interviews ive seen in years, im very surprised he answered the last question. Thanks very much for posting that one.

I thought so, too, and I know many of you would enjoy it. It got a bit buried with all those great reviews of the movie... yes, agreed about the last one. I wrote the website to see who conducted the interview but got no response so not sure of its origin. A bit mysterious!

hmmm link says error? i'm like the zeppelin badluck brian

:) Hi - you can go to Celebration Day Global Media Coverage - page 3, post #59 to find the entire interview. (Don't want to hijack this thread or else would post here.)

Mojo Magazine (Feb 2010 issue...interviewed days before Christmas 2009):

Jimmy Page: "I've realized the most important thing for me now is to make some new music. I know how to do it and that's what I'm going to

do. As far as I'm concerned, now, I'm a year behind what I'm supposed to be doing, so that's what I have to do this coming year to make up

for it."

Uncut Magazine (Feb 2010 issue)

Andrew Mueller: "Are you still ambitious? Can you still get fired up about making new music when it has no chance of making the same impact as Zeppelin?"

Page: "God, yeah. It's something that I really need to do, certainly over the next year. I want to make sure that I do this music. It's most important that it sees daylight, and that I can get into a playing capacity, so I can get out there and do what I do best."

I think we are going to see Page on stage/recording again. I heard him in an interview some months ago after Lucifer Rising was released that he was going to work on a new album after some months had passed. Now we here he is ready to go again. Furthermore, I fully believe that Jimmy gets pumped by this stuff just like we do. Look at how ambitious he got after the O2 show went over as the biggest event in rock history. He's coming back man.

Archived