Celebration Day Cinema Screenings - Volume Issues

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

OFFICIAL STATEMENT:

-------------------------------------------

Celebration Day Cinema Screenings

October 19, 2012

We have been made aware that at some screenings of “Celebration Day”, there have been complaints that the sound is not loud enough. Omniverse, the film’s distributors have been working with local cinema chains to ensure that this issue is addressed urgently. However, it is a good idea to check with the cinema before the screening that they will be playing it loud!

http://www.ledzeppel...nema-screenings

OFFICIAL STATEMENT:

October 19, 2012

We have been made aware that at some screenings of “Celebration Day”, there have been complaints that the sound is not loud enough. Omniverse, the film’s distributors have been working with local cinema chains to ensure that this issue is addressed urgently. However, it is a good idea to check with the cinema before the screening that they will be playing it loud!

That's all well and good if it were a general release film or where there are multiple sessions and not for one night only, not very useful after the fact.

The biggest issue seems to be the digital key.

The onus is on the distributor and the cinemas to get it right, not the customer.

The band rehearsed for 6 weeks to put on a great show so it isn't unreasonable to expect Omniverse or whomever, to get any bugs sorted prior to the screenings.

Thanks, Sam & co, for this feedback request.

At the Dublin Savoy cinema, on Wednesday several attendees including myself yelled out "LOUDER" during the opening Tampa news report. It seemed like the audio was set for a dramatic film, not a rock movie. Far too low.

The volume did increase as the film went on (by IMTOD it was righteously loud and I recall it being very loud by the second half - my tinnitus be damned!). But I cannot say whether this was a local remedy or part of the digital sound file. The mix could have done with a bit more bass, in my opinion, if that counts.

Certainly, our screening was not beset by serious audio nor visual problems as others have mentioned in these forums.

Cheers,

TK

That's all well and good if it were a general release film or where there are multiple sessions and not for one night only, not very useful after the fact.

The biggest issue seems to be the digital key.

The onus is on the distributor and the cinemas to get it right, not the customer.

The band rehearsed for 6 weeks to put on a great show so it isn't unreasonable to expect Omniverse or whomever, to get any bugs sorted prior to the screenings.

Good one. I'm strongly suspecting well over 90% of the showings are done and dusted. Certainly, as far as I'm aware in our country there were none other than on the evening of Oct 17. Will there be another run done with appropriate sound? I'd doubt it here, my cinema was only 25% full and I'd blame local promotion rather than Omniverse for that. And maybe the Wednesday night didn't help.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT:

October 19, 2012

yup there were volume issues where i was big time

When i saw the film, everyone in the theatre was screaming to have it turned up, but to no avail.Its amazing that this could even happen considering how loud theatres are in general. every movie u go to these days are very loud, then u go see a concert movie like this where it is imperitive to have it played loud and u get nothing. VERY DISSAPOINTED.

What a great performance by the band though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived