The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

Rest in Peace Cynthia Lennon aged 75 from cancer.

She began dating John Lennon when he didn't have a pot to piss in so it wasn't his money or fame that attracted her. Everything I've read about their marriage and divorce suggests that he treated her shabbily. She raised their son, Julian, more or less on her own and married three more times. My condolences to her son, other relatives and friends.

A van carrying members of two heavy metal bands veered off the highway in Jackson County on Monday morning, killing three people and injuring eight more.

Georgia State Patrol spokesman Cpl. Scott Smith said the van toting 15 members of the bands Khaotika and Wormreich was on I-85 southbound near Maysville Road on Monday around 7 a.m. when it veered off the road.

Authorities believe the driver, identified as 27-year-old Khaotika member and Athens resident Sergio Quesada, fell asleep at the wheel before the vehicle plowed into a tree.

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/local/at-least-3-people-dead-in-i-85-van-wreck-in-jackso/nknXJ/

Edited because posted from my phone.

Edited by TypeO

She began dating John Lennon when he didn't have a pot to piss in so it wasn't his money or fame that attracted her. Everything I've read about their marriage and divorce suggests that he treated her shabbily. She raised their son, Julian, more or less on her own and married three more times. My condolences to her son, other relatives and friends.

Yes he did, asI have said many times he was a sadistic wife beating drug addict. RIP Cynthia,

This is just sad!

R.I.P Mr. Richie Benaud! :(

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cricket/32182999

Sure is Kiwi. I grew up listening to the Australian tones when the BBC had Cricket. " morning Richie" as play started. When a test match was at Old Trafford, he used to stay very close to where I live now. I loved it when he used to mention his glorious drive through the Peak District when settling down to a full days play. Respect to the man - he will never be bettered.

^^He was definitely "the voice of cricket", CP. This was a man who knew what to say, when to pause, etc. (these seemingly insignificant aspects are so important in commentary!) and his commentating was unbiased! I really liked that! Lucky you, having the opportunity to grow up listening to the guy! :) The first time I had the pleasure of listening to him, was during the 1998 Ashes. I was just a 10 year old kid, at the time :)

My favourite commentary duo are Richie Benaud and Bill Lawry! :D

Sure is Kiwi. I grew up listening to the Australian tones when the BBC had Cricket. " morning Richie" as play started. When a test match was at Old Trafford, he used to stay very close to where I live now. I loved it when he used to mention his glorious drive through the Peak District when settling down to a full days play. Respect to the man - he will never be bettered.

I was lucky enough to see him play in the early '60's and then listen to his commentary on radio and tv when he retired from Cricket.

Marvellous......

Edited by Reggie29

Percy Sledge, When a Man Loves a Woman, 1966 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8raabzZNqw

RIP

That's very sad to hear. He was one of the truly gifted humans that lived while we too were alive.

When a Man Loves a Woman is so beautiful and has touched my soul since the first time I listened to it. I think the song describes the human experience to a tee, in plain English that is so masterfully crafted.

Cancer takes another great man! RIP Steve Byrnes. Condolences to his family and friends. He fought long and hard and will be missed by many who have watched him for decades. NASCAR named last Sunday's race after him and they gave many, many tributes to him before, during, and after the race. I am so sad over this. :(

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/4/21/steve-byrnes-passes-away-age-56-battle-with-cancer-nascar-on-fox-reporter.html

Rest In Peace to Suzanne Crough, aged 52. She played Tracy Partridge... and was a helluva Tambourine player.

She was the same age as me. Sad that they didn't give her more to do on "The Partridge Family"...she played a mean tambourine indeed. Sweet redhead, too. R.I.P.Suzanne Crough.

post-1470-0-79404100-1430356891_thumb.jp

She was the same age as me. Sad that they didn't give her more to do on "The Partridge Family"...she played a mean tambourine indeed. Sweet redhead, too. R.I.P.Suzanne Crough.

attachicon.gifSuzanneTambourine.jpg

Same here Strider. She was born a week to the day before me. Never saw a bad word about her in the press. A child celebrity that kept it together.

attachicon.gifSuzanneTambourine.jpg

Same here Strider. She was born a week to the day before me. Never saw a bad word about her in the press. A child celebrity that kept it together.

How sad.... what was the cause of death? I am close in age also :( R.I.P.