Some of the questions I posted, with replies from Peter Mensch:

Cookie0024: Is Shepard Fairey still involved with designing the artwork for the forthcoming Led Zeppelin box sets? Will there be entirely new album covers, or complementary material similar to The Song Remains The Same reissue box set?

Peter Mensch:

Shepard Fairey is not involved. Covers for the boxes will be the same as the original album covers. As for complementary material, that's top secret.

Cookie0024: There's a huge Led Zeppelin community on Reddit over at /r/led_zeppelin. Would Jimmy consider doing an AMA of his own at some point?

How do you feel about the fan criticism regarding the recent On This Day posts on Jimmy's website not living up to expectations/being factually wrong?

Can you share any info on the forthcoming Led Zeppelin remaster box sets?

Peter Mensch: Beats us, but we'll ask him if he'd consider it.

As for the remaster box sets, Jimmy is digging through the archives for material that's never been released to the public before. (We haven't heard it yet either, so don't ask!)

Cookie0024:

Hi Peter, what's the progress with Jimmy's forthcoming solo album?

Peter Mensch:

No progress yet. Currently focused on rooting around in the Led Zeppelin archives.

EDIT: I asked another question

Cookie0024:

There were previously reports of Led Zeppelin's music coming to online streaming services. With the phenomenal success of Neal Preston's Led Zeppelin eBook, are you planning on making Led Zeppelin's music available to stream online to meet fan demand?

Peter Mensch:

It's up for discussion.

Cookie, huge thanks for asking those questions. That's exactly what we're all interested in. Top secret? Sounds like something we've been looking forward to (it basically confirms that we'll get unreleased material).

No worries, was my pleasure.

I'm happy to post any other questions you guys might have using my Reddit account. Let me know.

No worries, was my pleasure.

I'm happy to post any other questions you guys might have using my Reddit account. Let me know.

These are great questions, Cookie. Would you ask if he knows any future plans Jimmy has for his website?

Thank you as always.

Ok, the first session is now over. They've said that they will be back in about four hours to answer more questions at 9pm ET. I'm going to be asleep then, and any questions posted before will probably get lost further down and unanswered.

I'd advise you guys to make Reddit accounts, you only need to input a username and password. That way, you can ask Peter as soon as he gets online later.

Cookie,

You are a complete breath of fresh air on the forums. Thanks so much for the amazing information which you are providing here, and it is so up to date. It is also to your merit that you are always pleasant to other members. :wave:

I notice that Peter Mensch didn't answer the question about the criticisms of the 'On This Day' feature. Perhaps because it was launched when JPP was still with IE management.

Peter Mensch and the guys from QPrime management are answering questions on Reddit right now.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1cmn1x/we_are_a_music_management_company_that_represents/

So that we have a record of this:

KRM92:

Hi Peter, would you be able to confirm that the reissued box sets for Led Zeppelin will come out this year? Also, will Coda have a box set too? Thanks for your time and answer!

Peter Mensch:

Some of the reissued box sets will come out this year, but in the world of Led Zeppelin, time is a fungible thing. Hopefully will have a box set for Coda too. Depends on what's in the archives.

Cookie,

You are a complete breath of fresh air on the forums. Thanks so much for the amazing information which you are providing here, and it is so up to date. It is also to your merit that you are always pleasant to other members. :wave:

I notice that Peter Mensch didn't answer the question about the criticisms of the 'On This Day' feature. Perhaps because it was launched when JPP was still with IE management.

Thank you Kenog, that's lovely of you to say! It's great to find other people so passionate about Led Zeppelin and chat to you all here :)

I wish I'd seen this thread yesterday. I didn't click on it because I had no idea who Peter Mensch is...I wish posters on this site would write more descriptive titles for the threads they start....

I assume this is over now; what I would have asked is if QPrime had considered/is considering asking Page, Plant, Jones and Jason Bonham to sit down with someone like Peter Toll to resolve their communication issues. I saw the Metallica movie ("Some Kind of Monster") and although I couldn't follow exactly what Toll was trying to do in the scenes we saw, obviously he did help them and if he could help Metallica sort out their issues surely he or someone similar could resolve what's obviously been a communication problem between Plant and the other band members.

One thing I did learn from the Reddit interview , or that was confirmed for me rather, is how clueless people from management companies are. How could they have not realized there were other issues going on with Metallica? Maybe they don't care about their clients' personal problems, but they should. I did some work for a management company awhile back and they were also clueless about what was going on with one of their clients, who had ended up committing suicide. I mean you can't make people get help, but you can at least be alert to signs of trouble.

I wish I'd seen this thread yesterday. I didn't click on it because I had no idea who Peter Mensch is...I wish posters on this site would write more descriptive titles for the threads they start....

I assume this is over now; what I would have asked is if QPrime had considered/is considering asking Page, Plant, Jones and Jason Bonham to sit down with someone like Peter Toll to resolve their communication issues. I saw the Metallica movie ("Some Kind of Monster") and although I couldn't follow exactly what Toll was trying to do in the scenes we saw, obviously he did help them and if he could help Metallica sort out their issues surely he or someone similar could resolve what's obviously been a communication problem between Plant and the other band members.

One thing I did learn from the Reddit interview , or that was confirmed for me rather, is how clueless people from management companies are. How could they have not realized there were other issues going on with Metallica? Maybe they don't care about their clients' personal problems, but they should. I did some work for a management company awhile back and they were also clueless about what was going on with one of their clients, who had ended up committing suicide. I mean you can't make people get help, but you can at least be alert to signs of trouble.

Difficult to convey relevance of who a person is in a thread title.

Difficult to convey relevance of who a person is in a thread title.

How about "Zep [or maybe it is Page?] management agency talks on Reddit"?

Didn't mean to pick on you; I see this a lot not only on this forum but even the New York Times website--the headlines don't tell what the story is about and they are written by professional writers!

Archived