Favorite version of Whole Lotta Love

godzilla777

Too, too many to list. But here's a baker's dozen of some of my favourites.

January 9, 1970 RAH.

March 7, 1970 Montreux.

April 17, 1970 Memphis.

Sept. 4, 1970 LA Forum.

Sept. 19, 1970 Evening show MSG.

Sept. 24, 1971 Tokyo.

Sept. 29, 1971 Osaka.

June 25, 1972 LA Forum.

March 21, 1973 Hamburg.

March 24, 1973 Offenburg.

June 3, 1973 LA Forum.

July 17, 1973 Seattle.

June 30, 1980 Frankfurt.

8/23/71 in Fort Worth, TX. Just a scorching version. The unbalanced recording helps in this case, as the taper was in front of Jimmy's side and the guitar is very prominent in the tape. Blazing playing by Jimmy and Robert in very strong and high voice.

Edited by Mattmc1973

• 2 weeks later...

As far as the song WLL the studio will always be my favorite, but for live it's all about the melody which lacked in TSRTS but HTWWW was great and Southampton 73 is my favorite. "I did not say I was a millionaire, I said I could've spent more money than a millionaire."

• 9 months later...

June 19, 1972 Seattle is pretty great too, was probably close to a half hour in length (27 minutes with a sizeable cut on the recording we have now). Like the rest of the show, if you can stomach the mediocre/poor recording it's well worth it.

June 19, 1972 Seattle is pretty great too, was probably close to a half hour in length (27 minutes with a sizeable cut on the recording we have now). Like the rest of the show, if you can stomach the mediocre/poor recording it's well worth it.

I need a soundboard for that show, that show is so freaking epic, 3 hours with cuts in it and in 1972!

I'm gonna stuff the ballot with extra votes for the version from 1970/09/19 (evening). Re-listening now, I forgot just how great the jams and interaction with the audience was.

Hurray! :bravo::friends::goodpost: Seriously, incredible renditions of Lawdy Miss Clawdy, Some Other Guy, Train Kept-A-Rollin', etc.

CHOO CHOO, All aboard the 1970-09-19 train!

• 4 years later...