What night is TSRTS exit into the limos from?

joeboy

Yeah, it's from the 29th.

My reasoning for this:

1) Can't be the 28th. JPJ is not wearing the same clothes.

2) Can't be the 27th. There is footage existing of them leaving the stage immediately after The Ocean (placed in Moby Dick) and they don't go down the stairs in the same order as the order they walk off stage.

Yeah, it's from the 29th.

My reasoning for this:

1) Can't be the 28th. JPJ is not wearing the same clothes.

2) Can't be the 27th. There is footage existing of them leaving the stage immediately after The Ocean (placed in Moby Dick) and they don't go down the stairs in the same order as the order they walk off stage.

Agreed and I would add the presence of New York license plates on the limos definitely rules out having been filmed elsewhere.

Here's an interesting question - the Pittsburgh 8mm. It shows the band taking those signature photos before going into the limos, but no evidence of this is shown in the film. Is the scene of them getting off the plane and going directly into the limos staged for TSRTS?

Here's an interesting question - the Pittsburgh 8mm. It shows the band taking those signature photos before going into the limos, but no evidence of this is shown in the film. Is the scene of them getting off the plane and going directly into the limos staged for TSRTS?

The airplane exit straight into the limos is staged. Clearly, the amount of daylight in the 8mm footage proves they had already arrived a short while earlier. Dusk is setting in as the limos leave the airport and by the time the motorcade enters and exits the inbound Liberty Tunnel outside of Pittsburgh it's dark and all of the cars in both directions have their headlights on.

Here's the Pittsburgh 8mm footage...note Attorney Steven Weiss (wearing a Showco t-shirt) arrives on scene at the 1:14 mark:

In the film (below), Steven Weiss is wearing a different shirt at the 41:28 mark....this is because the argument was filmed in Baltimore, not New York or Pittsburgh:

The Liberty Tunnel near Pittsburgh:

JPJ had the white with red polka dot shirt with red lapels just before getting into the limo. He had this shirt on for "Whole Lotta love/ Dazed and Confused" from the first night. Therefore this exit may be from the 27th.

Because Robert leaves the stage at the same time as the others. Bonzo is visible as well. Before Moby Dick, Robert leaves after his spoken introduction. My friend, I have a lot of experience with this footage. Jonesy also wears his plain white shirt before the drum solo on the 27th.

• 4 weeks later...

The airplane exit straight into the limos is staged. Clearly, the amount of daylight in the 8mm footage proves they had already arrived a short while earlier. Dusk is setting in as the limos leave the airport and by the time the motorcade enters and exits the inbound Liberty Tunnel outside of Pittsburgh it's dark and all of the cars in both directions have their headlights on.

Here's the Pittsburgh 8mm footage...note Attorney Steven Weiss (wearing a Showco t-shirt) arrives on scene at the 1:14 mark:

In the film (below), Steven Weiss is wearing a different shirt at the 41:28 mark....this is because the argument was filmed in Baltimore, not New York or Pittsburgh:

Everytime I watch that argument scene, i still get scared, loll i would have been sh*tting myself,

Boy it's complicated. I wonder who the girl in the white pants is standing down the ramp? Why did they allow her there?

I have always wondered if Grant tracked down the security guards who let the 3 kids in for free (I am not sure where this was filmed at) lolll

• 5 weeks later...

Looks to me like its a blend of all three nights. Notice the guy (might be an assistant of some sort) who is giving Robert what looks like a cigarette. In a matter of 30 seconds, he appears with 3 different shirts. All button ups, but three different patterns... I'm sure some of the experts will know who he is/was, but it looks to me like 3 different nights.

He's also standing next to the "older "dude (with glasses and greying hair) that Peter Grant chews out in the dressing room asking about "kickbacks"...

You are right nepa.zep-head. I looked it over again and never noticed the shirt of the guy giving Robert something changes 3 times. When they come off stage it's the 29th after "The Ocean". The middle part is the 28th. Getting into the limos is the 27th because JPJ's shirt is the same as at the end of "Whole Lotta love" as in the movie.

I checked the scene again and at least the band leaving the stage and getting into the limos are the 29th. Grant wears the same exact shirt, which does change nightly based on study. However, the second part could be different but the whole getting off stage sequence is not seamless. Definitely edited together.

I checked again and noted Richard Cole's shirt. Coming off the stage it's brown which is the 29th. We then switch to the 28th with Robert's friend helping him out in a triangle polka dot shirt. Entering the limo's Richard is seen on the far left in a blue shirt with red design in the center and JPJ is in the same shirt as at the end of WLL in the movie which is the 27th. Robert's friend talking to Peter Grant in the limo is the 28th. Everyone going back inside is the 27th with Robert's friend in the same shirt as seen everyone getting into the limos.

The sequence's the 29th. Here's why.

Watch the backstage footage on the Led Zeppelin DVD and you'll find that Grant is wearing the same purple shirt/orange scarf that he wears when the band leaves the stage, and the last clip of the band getting into the limos. If you watch the theremin sequence from the 27th, you'll notice that Grant, even though he is quite blurry, is wearing a lighter shirt than his purple one but still wears an orange scarf. It's pretty obvious that the band's entourage didn't listen to the "wear the same clothes every night" rule. Plus, as I told you before, Jones wears the same shirt at the end of the 29th as he does on the 27th. Trust me, three years of studying this footage in depth brings a lot of knowledge to the subject at hand.

Although, I do see a possibility that the middle sequence (Jimmy looking back at Robert, and laughs) could be different, but it's too much of a coincidence that they left the stage in the same order.

Archived