2014-15 NBA Thread....

paul carruthers

Well, this is the breaking news on ESPN right now:

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11127329/lebron-james-opt-contract-miami-heat

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean the end of Lebron in Miami & hopefully the Heat will re-tool and pick up the necessary pieces on their roster to entice Lebron to stay & maybe win a few more titles.

And feel free to bring up anything else that pertains to the upcoming season...

Well, this is the breaking news on ESPN right now:

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11127329/lebron-james-opt-contract-miami-heat

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean the end of Lebron in Miami & hopefully the Heat will re-tool and pick up the necessary pieces on their roster to entice Lebron to stay & maybe win a few more titles.

And feel free to bring up anything else that pertains to the upcoming season...

I have heard so many reports. Some have him going to Chicago and the analyst you may have caught on ESPN yesterday says if he goes to Houston look out. Him with Dwight and Harden? But the other guy thinks it would hurt them because Harden and him are too similiar. I am not buying that crap. Houston would be an instant contender, not that they are not anyway. And the Clippers even came up. But that would mean goodbye to either CP or Blake wouldn't it?

Houston Rockets are paper tigers to me. Every year they are supposed to contend & every year they do very little. Lebron going there doesn't seem likely to me. I'll probably be sweating until July 1--I think that's when James becomes an unrestricted free agent....

Houston Rockets are paper tigers to me. Every year they are supposed to contend & every year they do very little. Lebron going there doesn't seem likely to me. I'll probably be sweating until July 1--I think that's when James becomes an unrestricted free agent....

I just get the feeling him and Carmello will wind up together.

IF he stays in Miami, he will get a lot more $ which will make it more difficult to get some talented support players around him. I think Cleveland is looking better and better for him, talented youth, the #1 pick, and more cap space. We shall see.

Rick, I don't see him and 'Melo coming together - LeBron wants to keep winning.

IF he stays in Miami, he will get a lot more $ which will make it more difficult to get some talented support players around him. I think Cleveland is looking better and better for him, talented youth, the #1 pick, and more cap space. We shall see.

Rick, I don't see him and 'Melo coming together - LeBron wants to keep winning.

Carmello is a good player. Are you saying he is not? He is far better than Bosh

He's good, statistically speaking. But he's selfish and doesn't play very good defense. Remember I love the guy for what he did for the 'cuse. But as a pro, he puts up big scoring numbers for teams that go nowhere and he ends up coming off as a bad locker room guy, IMO.

He's good, statistically speaking. But he's selfish and doesn't play very good defense. Remember I love the guy for what he did for the 'cuse. But as a pro, he puts up big scoring numbers for teams that go nowhere and he ends up coming off as a bad locker room guy, IMO.

Maybe things will change with Mr arrogance himself running the ship now? If he stays in NY?

Carmelo is better than Bosh at putting up stats, but last I checked--Bosh has 2 rings to Melo's 0. I'm not sure what exactly Miami needs in the way of roster pieces to add to the team, but they definitely won't win another championship constituted as is... but this might all be a moot point if Lebron flies the coop....

Carmelo is better than Bosh at putting up stats, but last I checked--Bosh has 2 rings to Melo's 0. I'm not sure what exactly Miami needs in the way of roster pieces to add to the team, but they definitely won't win another championship constituted as is... but this might all be a moot point if Lebron flies the coop....

That argument means nothing. Doug Williams has a ring and Jim Kelly and Dan Marino do not. So what are you saying?

BREAKING NEWS ON CBS

BOSH AND WADE HAVE OPTED OUT OF THEIR CONTRACTS BECOMING FREE AGENTS. IT APPEARS THE MIAMI HEAT ARE DISMANTLING

Wade disappeared in the Finals after that blatant Flop he was fined $5000 for after Game 2..

He's reason #1 I would route for any team over the Heat. (Pat Riley being a close 2nd)

Dwayne Wade is a dirty player.. He's the reason Rajon Rhondo hyper-extended and dislocated his elbow with that wrestling take down he pulled.

I have no problem with Bosh or James.. Even though I think Bosh is overrated.

Lebron James says some stupid shit, but he is the best in the game right now..

I was so glad to see a TEAM like The Spurs dismantle The Heat..

But 4 straight trips to the NBA Finals is something to be proud of.. I'm curious to see what happens with them this off season.

My local news guy said it may increase the chance of all 3 returning to Miami if they are willing to take pay cuts? What is he smoking? I never pretended to understand the business of pro sports post 1970 but that makes no sense to me. It has them scattering like ants written all over it. Lebron with Melo, Wade? Who knows where? Maybe the Bulls pick up one? Maybe Cleveland and never count out the Lakers. But with Phil Jackson in NY, something is bound to unfold there. Maybe we should have a contest on who goes where.

• 2 weeks later...

What a horrid game. They have to spread the field and go to the right side of the /ARgentine defense. Or Argentina is going to suck out on a corner. Netherlands must attack.

Thinking about soccer Rick?

Carmelo staying with the Knickerbockers & they will still probably miss the playoffs or squeak in and get bounced in the 1st round.

Like I said before Carmelo is all about Carmelo. He had no interest in going anywhere to take less money and have a better shot at winning. He just wanted his ego stroked, receive his fat contract, and remain in NY. Like you said Paul, he'll maybe make the first round and then lose - but he'll average 27 points and take none of the blame for losing - again.

Thinking about soccer Rick?

Carmelo staying with the Knickerbockers & they will still probably miss the playoffs or squeak in and get bounced in the 1st round.

My mistake. Wrong thread. Anyway, Phil Jackson is not there for nothing,. He is going to try and land some help.

Archived