Led Zeppelin Places

bcarter690

Excellent! Glad you like it, Henry. I hope it'll be a useful tool for your trip to NYC. NYC is a good example of how fans can look up and navigate from one place to another and do the Zep tour at one location.

I've been to the Physical Graffiti building a few times. It's awesome to see it in person.

I've collected the locations ( street addresses and Lat/Long coordinates) of many Led Zeppelin landmarks and pinned them on this map. The majority of these sites are the concert venues we all know and love so well.
But now we're able to see the street address and see where it physically stood or still stands today.
I've also included sites that we may have only read about throughout the years as a Zep fan; the studios, the hotels, the country huts were the music was created.
I've also included some of the lesser known sites such as record stores and street corners where it has been documented that Led Zeppelin stood if just for a few hours.
A good amount of these sites no longer exist. I've included photos of the original venue where Led Zeppelin played when available.
But in some cases where there was no photo available for the venue, I've included a photo of the building that now stands where once Zep played.
For instance, I know of three buildings where Zep played are now either a supermarket, a library or a church ( as is the case of the former Summit in Houston)
I find it particularly interesting to navigate to London or New York and see the proximity to each of these famous locations to each other.
Each of these locations are searchable by city, location and date by just entering text in the dialog box.
Or you can click on the city/venue from the list on the left that will take you directly to that location which displays the address, photo of the building, concert date and any other pertinent information.
I welcome any submissions for corrections, additions etc.
And I'm particularly interested in documenting the locations of non-concert locations that relate to the band.

And I'm particularly interested in documenting the locations of non-concert locations that relate to the band.

theres always JB's grave, Jimmys boat house and tower house, and i think the fishmonger arms you put in is incorrect, its near to Wood Green behind the timber yard. its still there but now its a cop shop

A105
London N22, UK
51.600818, -0.111676 < coordinates

Perfect! Thank you Thozil,This is exactly the type of feedback I'm hoping for. I have added the Inside Club to the map.

Nice! I don't see the Sept 13, 68 gig at the Inside Club on your map: address Malmskillnadsgatan 58, Stockholm, geo coords: N 59.337097, E 18.065134

theres always JB's grave, Jimmys boat house and tower house, and i think the fishmonger arms you put in is incorrect, its near to Wood Green behind the timber yard. its still there but now its a cop shop

A105
London N22, UK
51.600818, -0.111676 < coordinates

Thanks Henry. I have made the correction and moved Fishmongers Arms to the location you indicated.

The location of Jimmy's boat house is there-listed as "Jimmy's Pangbourne Boathouse" in the section at the top with the purple icons which includes the non-concert locations.

I've decided not to include any addresses of homes or personal sites like JHB's grave for privacy concerns.

I had the same thought. I've always wondered how their shows would have been affected by playing in different places like South America, Asia and places like Spain that were politically unstable during Zep's active years.

IIRC, there were plans to extend the 1980 tour to South America had the band not dissolved that year.

interesting when you zoom out how little of the world they played, no Mexico or S america, no asia apart from Japan, no Africa north or south but you do see the bigger they became, the closer to city centers they played lol

• 3 months later...

I had the same thought. I've always wondered how their shows would have been affected by playing in different places like South America, Asia and places like Spain that were politically unstable during Zep's active years.

IIRC, there were plans to extend the 1980 tour to South America had the band not dissolved that year.

The U.S. dates would have taken them to mid-November, followed by a break. There was very tentative talk of UK dates in 1980 that would have been held "around Christmas". Those would have been followed by another break and then a second U.S. leg in Spring 1981. The only South American tour I recall being discussed (never planned) would have been held circa Dec 1975/Jan 1976.

Archived