Purple/Rainbow/Blackmore etc

leddy

Anybody see the videos of Glenn Hughes from the "Adopt the Arts" benefit concert last month?  He has risen on my list as the second greatest vocalist of all time!  In his 60's and can still hit the notes he did back in 1974!  Watch his version of Deep Purple's "Highway Star".  Incredible!

• 2 weeks later...

Deep Purple's Ian Paice Says His 'Mini-Stroke' Forced Concert Cancelations

June 16, 2016

ianpaice2015solo_638.jpg

Earlier this week, legendary British hard rockers Deep Purple canceled the two shows they were scheduled to play in Sweden (Tuesday, June 14 at Grona Lund in Stockholm and Wednesday, June 15 at Leseberg in Gothenburg) after one of the bandmembers  became ill.

The group's drummer, Ian Paice, has now released the following statement explaining the circumstances that led to the concerts getting scrapped:

"To  all the people who were expecting to see Deep Purple in Sweden and Denmark this week, I would like to let you know the reason the shows were not possible, and also to stop all the speculation and rumours.

"On the morning of the 14th of June, I woke up to find that the right side of my body was feeling numb and I could not control my right hand and fingers, So I had myself admitted to the hospital where I was diagnosed with having suffered a 'mini-stroke' or TIA. The hospital staff in Stockholm were amazing and started my treatment straight away,

"After both CT and MIR scans, there was found to be no serious or permanent damage. As of this moment, all I am suffering is a slightly numb right side of the face a tingling sensation in my right hand, My dexterity in the hand is coming back quickly and I fully expect to recommence touring next month. So now I have a set of tablets which have to be taken every day to ensure it doesn't happen again!

"So sorry for not being able to play for you, And I'm sorry for myself!

"These are the first shows I have missed with Deep Purple since its formation in 1968.

"Thanks to all the people who have shown concern and sent their best wishes."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/deep-purples-ian-paice-says-his-mini-stroke-forced-concert-cancelations/

Just the fact that Ritichie Blackmore did 2 rock shows these last 2 days in this day and time I find very, very special and very refreshing to hear, even though it was just through youtube.

Edited by luvlz2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

RITCHIE BLACKMORE's RAINBOW Announces U.K. Tour

Following the triumphant sold-out show at the Birmingham Genting Arena earlier this year, Kennedy Street and Kilmanjaro have announced Ritchie Blackmore's RAINBOW will be returning to tour the U.K. in June 2017. The very special opening night will see them headlining the second annual Stone Free Festival at The 02, London, which will be Blackmore's first London show since 1995 with further shows in Manchester, Glasgow and Birmingham.

Ritchie Blackmore's RAINBOW live in the UK;

June 17 - London, UK - The 02 (Stone Free Festival)

June 22- Manchester, UK - Manchester Arena

June 25 - Glasgow, Scotland - The SSE Hydro

June 28 - Birmingham, UK - Genting Arena

rainbowuktour2017bigger.jpg

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ritchie-blackmore-rainbow-announces-u-k-tour/

Edited by luvlz2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Present and past concert ads from the Phoenix area. The outdoor AK-Chin Pavilion, they have not played there or any other outdoor venue in the Phoenix area since Deep Purple toured with The Scorpions and Dio back in 2002. I love Deep Purple in any incarnation and this will be an emotional farewell.

:drunk:

deeppurplealiceedgartour2017.jpg

DSCF0036.JPG

IMG_20170130_1820457_rewind.jpg

DSCF0049.JPG

Picture 489133.jpg

Picture 475.jpg

Edited by luvlz2

• 4 months later...
22 minutes ago, The Rover 75 said:

I just wish he'd be interested in bringing Rainbow to the US.

THIS!  Every time I see the announced dates, it's too late for me to put for days off work to fly across the pond!  Fingers crossed for US dates this Fall!