Jimmy Page's Plumpton Place (1974)

SteveAJones

PlumptonPlace19741.jpg

PlumptonPlace19743.jpg

PlumptonPlace19742.jpg

Plumpton Place, Sussex, England (Summer 1974)

----------------------------------------------

Jimmy Page, "Lord of the Manor" 1972-1980

----------------------------------------------

Photos Courtesy of Steve A. Jones Archive

So what do you think, Ross? :)

It's beautiful. I can't help but think of Ross Halfin said how Vera Lynn tried to get him evicted from that house, thinking he was bad for the neighborhood. I like thinking of him as lord of the manor. He's still lord of Tower House at least.

It's beautiful. I can't help but think of Ross Halfin said how Vera Lynn tried to get him evicted from that house, thinking he was bad for the neighborhood. I like thinking of him as lord of the manor. He's still lord of Tower House at least.

That house is surrounded by at least 35 to 50 acres. He had no neighbors except the

Plumpton Art School. If Ross really said that he must have been joking.

I'm not sure if he was. It's kind of funny. That's why I sent the link. If there were so many acres, why should she bothered?

http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/jimmy_page/jimmy-page05.php

Well, I've looked into this from other sources. Come to find out Dame Vera Lynn lived

in Ditchling, which is the next village down from Plumpton. I think Ross said what he

did to be funny, unless there's something more to it. Plumpton Place is so secluded

you could drive past and never know it was there. She'd have never known what

was taking place on the property.

There is actually a connection between Vera and Led Zeppelin. Peter Grant selected

Vera Lynn's 'We'll Meet Again' as the song to close his funeral service in 1995. Funny

man, that Peter. Things have not gone so well for Vera, aside from the fact she is

very much alive:

VERA LYNN BURGLED NINE TIMES Aug 31 2007

English singer DAME VERA LYNN has launched a anti-crime campaign after her home was burgled nine times. The World War II singer is spearheading a U.K. campaign to crackdown on thieves who prey on the elderly. The 90-year-old says, "I am now well locked in and use chains on doors. "Why should these despicable crooks take valuable things that you have worked hard all your life to have?" Lynn was a 'forces sweetheart' who travelled all over the U.K. performing for the Armed Forces during the conflict.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
yeiiii :D:D now i can see the pics..

and...

i WANT this house..it´s soo beautiful, but i think now it´s a hotel, right?

No, it is a privately owned residence. Boleskine House on Loch Ness has been run as

a b&b from time to time since Jimmy sold that property.

"A wooden privacy fence separates the college grounds from Plumpton Place and runs along the right side of the road that leads into the college. There is a gate in this fence about 50 yards past the private entrance (very hard to see) with a small mossy stone sign that indicate the presence of a public footpath. Go through the gate and the wooded footpath will take you legally around the outskirts of the property and provide views of the rear of Plumpton Place and it's landscaped grounds."

-- 'Follow the Legend: Led Zeppelin - Volume One Albion There And Back' by Karol Rhys-Gruffydd & Shannon MacBay (CG Publishing, 1997 / ADRI Publishers 2000)

I wonder why he dumped that one? Would be perfect for a family with that many acres and privacy.

It's a distant 90 minutes away from London and requires considerable maintenance and

upkeep. Moving to Old Mill House near Windsor in 1980 put him in close proximity to the

international airports and all the cultural attractions/venues the great city of London offers whilst still retaining his privacy and seclusion.

It's a distant 90 minutes away from London and requires considerable maintenance and

upkeep. Moving to Old Mill House near Windsor in 1980 put him in close proximity to the

international airports and all the cultural attractions/venues the great city of London offers whilst still retaining his privacy and seclusion.

Did Jimmy ever learn to drive?!

Just didn't get it since those pics have been in circulation for years. Thought there must be a new story behind it. My mistake.

Some here show appreciation for my having taken the time to post them, so I know these photos in and of themselves did come as news to them.

Some here show appreciation for my having taken the time to post them, so I know these photos in and of themselves did come as news to them.

I personally posted these (took the time to post these, sorry) ones years ago on the old forum- from a real estate brochure I've had since 1981 , and the third one you posted was then added by someone else ( he didn't credit his archives so I don't immediately recall who it was).

Plumpton2.jpg

Plumpton.jpg

I'm pretty sure they were posted on this new forum too in a discussion about Jimmy's homes. So I thought it odd to start a new thread for them, that's all. Its okay to discuss that isn't it? ;)

Beautiful home and grounds! Jimmy sure has good taste in properties! I wonder why he dumped that one? Would be perfect for a family with that many acres and privacy.

According to Pattie Boyd's autobiography, Plumpton Place was to have become George Harrison's house at first in 1969.

As soon as Harrisons saw this house,they put it an offer.

But later female owner of this house turned it down.

Pattie writes that ''She said she didn't want rock'n'roll musicians buying her lovely house and sold it to the local doctor instead.He realized what a treasure he had bought and sold it to Michael Caine,who sold it on to Jimmy Page,the heavy-metal guitarist who founded Led Zeppelin.''

I heard that someone was dead in Plumpton Place too around 1979.

A young male Zeppelin fan 19years old died during a party on the ground.

I heard that Jimmy was searching for a new house because of this.

Next year he found a new house and moved into it with his then family.

When my old acquaintance visited the Old Mill House in around 1982 ,she encountered the scene to which Scarlet came home from the school.

My friend saw Scarlet has gotten off the car of the driver exclusive duty.

She said that she felt having peeped at normal very rich life :)

According to Pattie Boyd's autobiography, Plumpton Place was to have become George Harrison's house at first in 1969.

Pattie writes that ''She said she didn't want rock'n'roll musicians buying her lovely house and sold it to the local doctor instead.He realized what a treasure he had bought and sold it to Michael Caine,who sold it on to Jimmy Page,the heavy-metal guitarist who founded Led Zeppelin.''

When my old acquaintance visited the Old Mill House in around 1982 ,she encountered the scene to which Scarlet came home from the school.

Oh! That's great info, thanks for sharing Alice!! :)

Oh! That's great info, thanks for sharing Alice!! :)

Archived