Young Jimmy

Cat

So what's "young Jimmy" anyway? From the looks of it, it's pre-Yard days and Yard days. :D

YoungYardy.jpg

The blonde guy looks like Andrew Loog Oldham, the Rolling Stones' former manager.

It certainly does. I'm guessing this one was taken in the summer of 1964, around the time that Jimmy Page was playing bass for the first recording of Heart of Stone. I know I saw it when it was first published. That's one I stared at a lot, so it would have been in Tiger Beat or one of those publications from the sixties, and it probably accompanied an article about the Rolling Stones.

I don't even think he looks younger in that picture; I'd say he looks rather tired.

I agree with you. I also saw this Jimmy's photo in music magazine in 1984.(It was another angle)

Probably this photo was taken several month after ARMS tour.

And I felt he looked a little bit sad and tired too.

jpage2.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some guitarists have the most beautiful eyes, James Patrick being one of them.... Jimmy and I have birfdays coming up, 2 days apart. Maybe I should do like I did in my teens and have my cake say "Happy Birthday Cindy and Jimmy".. EVERY year from the time I was 13 to when I was 18.. that man was my whole world. :wub: Oh anyways, nice piccies.

• 2 weeks later...
jp-pic1955.jpg

Holy smoke! Where'd you find this?! Amazing.

About the Yardbirds photos: did rock bands have stylists back in those days? I know Jimmy is very artistic and always has dressed with flair and style, but ... hard to believe a 22 year old boy didn't have *some* help coming up with those great looks - the pins all over his jacket (way ahead of his time, that was fashionable in the early 80s "new wave"), the pseudo military touches, then the full-on Regency fop.

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Here is the text from under the picture:

Jimmy Page in Minneapolis MN on August 5th 1966. Pictured here on the day of his first U.S. appearance with the Yardbirds. Photo courtesy of John Morris.

Naughty Mr. Morris!

Here's my favourite "young jimmy" from the man himself :)

Yes, I've seen it on his website, it's really good shot, indeed. I have a favourite too, but not from the sixties. And I've chosen my absolute favourite picture from all photo what I've seen about Jimmy.

Yes, I've seen it on his website, it's really good shot, indeed. I have a favourite too, but not from the sixties. And I've chosen my absolute favourite picture from all photo what I've seen about Jimmy.

Now i'm intrigued which one?! Have you posted it elsewhere on here?

Archived