Led Zeppelin Heads Rock Concert Friday

Cat

Led Zeppelin Heads Rock Concert Friday

Chronical Telegram Elyria, OH, October 21, 1969

Like White Lakes. N.Y.. Cleveland will have its astrological rock happening. A Scorpion Exposition, one

evening filled with music, love and peace will take place at Public Auditorium Friday at 8 p.m.

Headlining this unique concert will be Led Zeppelin, one of the most exciting groups to emerge from England in the last year. The featured musician with Led Zeppelin is Jimmy Page. Led Zeppelin's last appearance in Cleveland this past summer was greeted with standing ovations by an overflow crowd. Appearing with Led Zeppelin will be Grand Funk Railroad, recently emerged from Detroit and their first single on Capitol, "Time Machine," which reached the top of the charts throughout the country.

This concert will be particularly unique for there will be no chairs on the floor at Public Auditorium. Rather, people are encouraged to bring their own blankets to sit on Tickets are now on sale at

all Burrows stores, Convention Center Box Office, Record World, Midway Mall in Elyria and Mayflower

Travel Agency in Akron.

Which reminds me of an interview with the late Terry Knight, then manager of GFRR, of when they opened for LZ at Olympia in Detroit around the same time. Seems that Mark, Don and Mel were connecting with the audience and went over the allotted time. Peter Grant approched Knight and said "your band will leave the stage now!" Knight said "when the songs over we will" When Grant retorted "I mean now!" I guess they cut the song short.

Archived