Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I don't think Keef considers Jagger a full fledged member.
  3. There are so many myths about the so called "gun show loophole" being touted by the anti gun crowd and the media. First of all every single Federally licensed firearms dealer (FFL) is required to do a background/identity check no matter where the sale location is including gun shows. Which means if you are in the business of selling firearms the IRS (government tax department of the US treasury called the Internal Revenue Service) will know you are selling guns as a business, because if you are lying about that you are in BIG TROUBLE and will go to prison for a long time if you are not federally licensed. We have here a law enforcement agency called ATF (Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms) which specifically enforces these laws. So the idea that people can just go to gun shows who are criminals and buy guns doesn't really happen. What we do have is a Federal exemption to the private sale of guns between private citizens WITHIN a state. That means I can sell you one of my guns if you are not a criminal. But wait there is more: I can't sell you a gun if you live in another state than mine UNLESS the transaction is done through a FFL. In addition to that, ALL states have laws prohibiting the private sale of a firearm knowingly to a criminal or otherwise prohibited person. BIG trouble if you do that. BIG TROUBLE. Keep in mind however that many states do in fact have a lot of laws for private gun sales. If you lived in my state for example and I want to sell you a gun we both have to go to a FFL and pay fee; a state background check is done; and after a 10 day waiting period if all is clear you are only then allowed to take possession of the gun. This would happen even if were transferring the gun to a family member other than a wife, child, or parent. Now what is a problem sometimes are "straw purchases" where a friend or family member who isn't prohibited from buying a gun does so to give to someone who is in an illegal transfer. That is illegal in every state I am aware of and if it crosses state lines you will go to federal prison. But those are more rare than you think, they usually happen with people already criminals and who don't follow laws, and they are as hard to stop as someone loaning someone a car who isn't licensed to drive or who has been restricted from driving due to prior drunk driving convictions. But all of that is already illegal, and has no connection to law abiding citizens. Bottom line: you cannot prevent everything in a free society. We have lot of gun laws here, some states are I admit more restrictive than others, but it all comes from having individual God given rights protected by our constitution. You should not fear law abiding people, you should worry about the parts of our political spectrum who excuse criminals, and I can assure you it is not the end of the spectrum which defends gun rights who is soft on criminals.
  4. Anything to share that is relevant to the thread topic?
  5. I'm not surprised. Europe's been on the long march towards cultural suicide for a couple of decades now. The suburbs of Paris are already something like 20% Muslim.
  6. Driving a car is privilege, but to keep and bear arms is a constitutionally protected right, that's why.
  7. It matters insofar as people are entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Ronnie Wood claims in his book that he formed Led Zeppelin. I think we can agree it matters that he did not.
  8. The doors Nirvana Nevermind album Pink Floyd Jeff Beck group Frank Zappa
  9. I was counting Daryl's years.. I saw the last Wyman tour, and Mr.Jones on subsequent pay per views and bio pics. Seems to me he has equal years in the band as Wyman now. I like his playing but I dont find it as copyright able as Wymans', and the Stones dont seem to be writing their own songs after Undercover.
  10. But he does fuss with his nose during interviews.
  11. until
    Robert Plant And The Sensational Space Shifters to Headline Harvest 2019 Harvest announces Robert Plant And The Sensational Space Shifters will headline the 2019 Festival on Friday, September 13th! Other Friday Night headliners include: The White Buffalo, David Wilcox, Harry Manx & Steve Marriner, Moon Hooch, Five Alarm Funk, Ben Racine Band, The Easley Quartet, Downtown Blues Band, and more! Nightly & Ultimate Passes go on-sale Thursday, April 18th at 11:00am (AST) via www.harvestjazzandblues.etixnow.com. Individual Show Tickets will go on-sale Friday, April 26th at 11:00am (AST) via www.harvestjazzandblues.etixnow.com.
  12. Honolulu, May 13, 1969. Photos: Robert Knight Mentioned in the Timeline: http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/may-13-1969 "While in Honolulu, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant are interviewed on KPOI FM." Another photo from this interview:
  13. Does anyone know when or where or any details on this photo of Jimmy Page?
  14. A combination of post-War English working class diet and basic NHS dentistry?
  15. Steve this sounds good to me. Thanks for doing these.
  16. A beautiful piece of art.
  17. Here we go with the list. Now, rather than attending these shows in chronological order, there is a certain order I have come up with and they will be listed by me in that order. It didn’t really want to attend a bunch of shows from the same time period all at once, so it jumps around a bit. These are also not ranked in any order of performance quality for the most part. But the last few are amongst the very best. Houston – May 21, 1977 Right out of the gate, I wanted a hometown show. This is a pretty darn good performance and the perfect start of the adventure. This time period is also during Houston’s heyday, which peaked around 1980 with the release of Urban Cowboy. Seattle – March 21, 1975 The 1975 tour didn’t make the list too many times (not that I don’t enjoy these performances, it’s just how the list ended up), but this one could not be left off for obvious reasons. Memphis – April 17, 1970 Completely night and day from the previous two shows, this one is the last full show before the third album was recorded. It represents the band at a creative peak when it came to the jamming and improvisation on stage during their first two years of touring. Not to mention it’s in Memphis, a city which is a favorite of mine. I have been there once before, and would love to visit it during this time period. As far as I know, Elvis was at Graceland during this time (as opposed to being on tour or at his home in Los Angeles) and the possibility of meeting him outside the gate adds to this date being a must for the list. Tokyo – October 2-3, 1972 The first multi-show trip on the list. For most of my life, Japan has been at the top of my list of countries I would most like to see, so there isn’t a shortage of Japanese shows on this list. I’ve always enjoyed the charm of the performances on this tour, even though the band (particularly Plant) are not at their technical peak. I also think the stage setup at Budokan with the band’s name in giant neon letters behind the stage was really cool and unique. London’s Marquee Theater – March 23, 1971 This is the first of three shows on this list in which no recording is known to exist. Consequently, we have no clue the quality of this performance. The first two shows of this tour represent the band in explosive form, but the BBC show is pretty poor in comparison. What were the shows in between like? I’d wager that a gig at such a historic London venue would have brought out the best in all four band members; and knowing what they were capable of at the time makes that thought all the much better. Also, just think of cool it would be to see the band in such an intimate setting! Hamburg, Essen, & Offenburg, West Germany – March 21-24, 1973 In this trip, I stretch the rules a bit. It spans over four days and takes place in three different cities. However, all of the cities are within reasonable driving distances of each other (at least reasonable for someone who lives in Texas and has to travel around the state because of his job). Anyway… I’ve only recently started listening to shows from this tour and I must say, they are not overrated. Fabulous performances, and also taking place in the country most of my heritage comes from. Germany is probably second or third on my list of countries I would most like to see. I believe most of my family on my mother’s side is from Frankfurt to be exact, so a stop there on the 23rd while traveling from Essen to Offenburg would be a must. Los Angeles – September 4, 1970 For obvious reasons, a number of shows at the Forum will appear on this list, but not all of them. However, the ones that are included I want to attend in chronological order and this is the first one. It’s also the first show on this list from arguably my favorite tour of America. Not much can be said about this gig that hasn’t already been. It is a world famous gig and rightfully so! Communication Breakdown alone is worth the price of admission! Dallas-Fort Worth – May 18-19, 1973 The Dallas show is one of two gigs in which I personally know someone who attended it (the other one is Tampa 1977, but for obvious reasons that one is not included here). Of all people, the preacher at a church I attended for 7 years went to this show when he was 17. He and I were very close and he shared his memories of it with me several times. He described it as the greatest and most exciting concert he ever attended. In listening to this show, it seems a bit subpar for the era, but the only recording of it is one of the driest soundboard recordings (at least that I have heard). I believe a much better performance is buried in the mix. The Fort Worth show that took place the next day is one I have not listened to at this point, but it is marked as a “must hear” on the Year of Led Zeppelin blog, and he didn’t give those out lightly! Come to think of it… the Tampa 1977 show might be kind of exciting to attend! Well actually… I’d better leave that one alone… someone in my entourage could get hurt! 😁 Well, those are the first 8 trips out of 26. I'll pick this list up tomorrow.
  18. There have been plenty of “which concerts would you most like to attend” topics, but I thought I’d put a new spin on it. In coming up with which concerts I would most like to attend, it sort of evolved into a fanfiction type of scenario; and as time went on, this fantasy of mine was becoming quite enjoyable to conceive. This is probably a good time to point out that since this post is based completely on fantasy, it isn’t really meant to be taken seriously, it’s just something I drummed up for a little fun, nothing more. Led Zeppelin has always been a very mythical band, and they always appreciated mythical tales! So basically in this fantasy of mine, I have a time machine. With it, I can take a small number of friends with me back in time to attend Led Zeppelin concerts. But since this sounds too good to be true, I had to stipulate some rules… The first one being that when the time machine is used, I and anyone else that goes with me are gone in real time. So basically if we’re in the past for two days, we’re gone from the present for two days. With that in mind, I figured that the weekend would be the best time for me and most other people to use it. I also set a limit for the number of times it can be used: 26 times. Enough to use it every other weekend for a year. But that doesn’t mean I can only attend 26 shows; because since I have an entire weekend to work with, it works out in some cases that multiple shows can be attended in one trip. If multiple shows were performed in the same city on consecutive days, I can attend as many as shows for as long as I wanted to remain there. There were also some occasions in which the band performed two shows in one day. So in choosing these 26 trips, one thing I kept in mind was to try to milk them as best I could and attend as many shows as possible while at the same time, keeping every trip under three days (however on two occasions, I break this rule; more on that later). Naturally while picking, one would want to choose the absolute best performances to attend; and while this is mostly true for my list, there were other elements I kept in mind as well. I’ll address those when they come up. But one thing I will point out right now is that I’m from Houston. I was born and raised in Texas and as a matter of fact, in my 26 years of life, I have spent a total of less than two months time outside of the state. The point is… there is no shortage of shows performed in my hometown on my list, and thankfully, they never gave a bad performance in Houston, so it’s a win-win. While all but currently three of these shows exist on audio recording, I wanted to leave out shows that were professionally recorded on film or video. But of the shows which fit that bill, the only one I would have considered for this list is the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert at the O2. I also wanted to include as many years as possible, and in the end, the only one left out was 1980. There were some really good performances during the Tour Over Europe but I had to narrow the list down, and none of those shows made it.
  19. I read in Richard Coles Book Stairway to Heaven that John Bonham poured Orange Juice on Alvin Lee Of Ten years after. Jimmy and Peter Grant were so outraged and furious with Bonham that they told him he ever pulled another stunt like that again he would be out of the band. Don’t know if that is true or not?
  20. Sat through almost an hour of Beyonce's Homecoming with my girlfriend. Help me, God. Despite celebrating 'blackness' why does the 'n word plus bitches and hoes' always seem to pop up? Practice what you preach. I refused to watch anymore.
  21. Making such a statement is no different than someone claiming conservatism is stealing from the poor to enrich the wealthy, with a nice side helping of racism to keep the idgits in line. Life, and politics are never one dimensional.
  22. Except most art cannot blow your head off. Sweet gun though, kinda like the one a six year old kid used to accidentally blow his 4 year old sisters head off with last week. I guess art is subjective.
  1. Load more activity