Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. leveebroke

The pub

I like this much better than lame forum introduction threads 😆 I was just in Austin TX for Austin City Limits festival, and tried what is now my favorite beer of all time, Yellow Rose IPA. Anyone else try this?
  3. Hi everyone, In the market for a 'grail' guitar. I recently tested the Fender Jimmy Page Mirror Tele and thought it was absolutely amazing. Granted this was in a music store, and for not very long. I don't currently own a Telecaster, just a Gibson Explorer. I love Jimmy Page but never thought of myself as a signature guitar type of buyer. It's also quite pricey... for anyone that has held one, played one, or has one, is it worth it? Is it a good Tele specimen to own? edit: I should probably mention I would NOT put the mirrors on it, I think that's a little gimmicky.
  4. Saw them in Atlanta a few weeks ago. They were at their best & Gillan Sang better than previous times I’ve seen them over the past decade. His golf game has improved, too (I hear). Maybe hanging out with Alice Cooper on a recent tour has helped him focus. R😎
  5. Last round, Memphis - 4/17/70 was eliminated. Round 4. If you'd like to read all about it, here is the post with all the important info and here is the post for this round. The round posts include a detailed tracker of which show goes out when and the remaining shows. If none of that interests you and you'd like to go straight to voting, this is a direct link to the poll.
  6. They blew us all away! It was My girlfriend, another close friend and I, I was expecting them to put on a half decent show with some hit or miss renditions of the old tunes. They stuck to what they could do (no Child In Time), but what they played, they played with a lot of energy. What surprised me most was how well Gillan's voice has held up over the years. He didn't pull a McCartney or a Plant, he could still do those Bloodsucker notes justice, along with Highway Star and Space Truckin. He wasn't hitting the super highs but it didn't detract at all. When we heard them play Green Onions, my friend and I started joking that they'd break into How Many More Times. Then, during the last song (the encores were probably about 20 minutes in total of 3 songs) the guitarist was soloing and broke into a little medley, and actually played the main HMMT riff for about four bars I'd say. My friend and I were shocked.😁 The show didn't hit two hours, but it was well worth it. I'd recommend seeing them if they're coming anywhere near you.
  7. Today
  8. Yes that’s what I’d read as well ...sounds great fun but not something our hero would ever admit to 😁
  9. Today is the 50th Anniversary of the Led Zeppelin Carnegie Hall concert in New York City!!!!!!! October 17, 1969 - October 17, 2019 The Led Zeppelin Forum invites any fans who attended this concert (or just simply love their music) to leave your comments here about this momentous occasion!!! We'd love to hear from you.
  10. I was reading an account of this in Mark Ellen’s book. They were both up all night on red wine and coke the night before accompanied by two fair maidens
  11. "Baby Come on Home" - Led Zeppelin
  12. Diary 10th dec 2007 " this is it, if this goes well tonight its a world tour lasting a year .Now i have the old crew back together how could they refuse? MSG here we come!
  13. Diary entry 6th November 1984: “ played with my great friend Roy Harper on set at Scafell Pike for the Old Grey Whistle Test. Had spent the previous evening with Roy having nice quiet pub dinner and then an early night in preparation for the day’s filming...”
  14. The point of contention here is Page claimed the tuning and arrangement as all his own just six years after Graham's version. Anyway, enough said.
  15. If you find that photo again please post it here! I seriously doubt Page or his band mates attended Gretzky's home debut in Los Angeles. I do show on that day Page granted a live interview over the phone with Los Angeles FM rock station KNAC, which I have posted here and elsewhere. Additionally, he was interviewed by MTV and the Los Angeles Times in his suite on the 14th floor of Mondrian Los Angeles on the Sunset Strip. So as you can see, his focus at the time was promoting his first solo album and tour.
  16. It's oftentimes been discussed, but never the central focus of a cover story, at least as far as I can recall.
  17. With the new revelations about flag raisers John Bradley and Rene Gagnon, the book and movie 'Flags Of Our Fathers' will have to have an asterisk or two?
  18. Picking the Chiefs for Thursday.
  19. Podcast? What’s it called - I’ll give it a listen
  20. Come Down - The Glorious Sons
  21. I just revisited this show. It's great! My favorite Trampled Underfoot and Rain Song, for sure. I also love OTHAF. Bonzo sounds like he's leaned way back in a convertible, one arm on the wheel, the other on the door, just crusin'. In My Time of Dying is great, too. Kashmir is heavy af. Graeme's remaster of the already excellent soundboard brings life and breath to this recording. Love it! In fact I love it so much, it's going to be the topic of my next podcast. I'm glad I gave this another listen. :-) I will also post a link to the full show on my webpage, once the episode has been posted. Should be tomorrow (10/17)
  1. Load more activity